- 1,027 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 400post #5986 of 837811/28/13 at 8:02pmThe Soloist is a great amp. I am looking to build a crack because I want to try the HD800 and T1 with tubes but the Soloist is really great with the T1.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5987 of 837811/28/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I do the same when using digital sources.post #5988 of 837811/29/13 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by michnix
I have been circling around the T1s for quite a while now and have now finally found a good "excuse" to start with headphones again. (I had some Denon AH-d5000 a couple of years ago)
I am going to start working at a place a couple of hours away (here in Norway, driving distances are measured in time, not kilometres ) where I will have to stay during the week and commute home for the weekends.
So I need music.
It is repeated quite a lot that the T1s are a great match with tubes, but there are a few issues with that: most tubed amps are not that easily transportable because of tubes sticking out. (I will have to pack unpack and transport the gear every week) In addition to that , I hate tube rolling After i sold my last tube amp in my main system I have never looked back.
From what I have been reading either one of those amps would be a good match with the T1s:
Lehmann Black Cube Linear
My source will be a mac playing lossless uncompressed connected to a Metrum Acoustics Hex DAC.
Do you have a recommendation which amp would match best in this setup?
My main setup consists of said Metrum Hex, Karan KA-I 180 integrated amp and Spendor A9 speakers. Which translates to a neutral presentation, slightly laid-back though extremely detailed and a glorious soundstage (Spendor A9) and powerful with just a hint on the darker side of things (Karan amp).
With the Hex you can choose if you want to go the Hi-Fi route and go into the deepest details of the recording or if you want to rock and/or loose yourself completely in the music (it usually starts with the first and ends with the latter ) It is really a hell of a good DAC!
I don't want to start with music preferences- I'll listen to any genre depending on the mood...
Thanks for your help!
..when u wrote 'neutral presentation.. slightly laid back ...extreme detail ...glorious soundstage ...powerful ...hint of dark side..."
It spelled Lehmann BCL to me..having owned this amp for a few years.post #5989 of 837811/29/13 at 12:28pmQuote:
My solution, as well. Everything sounds good on my HD650s. Well recorded music is stunning with the T1s.post #5990 of 837811/29/13 at 12:35pmpost #5991 of 837811/29/13 at 1:10pmpost #5992 of 837811/29/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
and here I go thinking I could live with only one set of 'phones.post #5993 of 837811/29/13 at 4:49pmpost #5994 of 837811/29/13 at 6:25pmpost #5995 of 837811/29/13 at 6:51pmpost #5996 of 837811/29/13 at 7:24pmpost #5997 of 837811/29/13 at 7:42pmpost #5998 of 837811/29/13 at 8:07pmpost #5999 of 837811/29/13 at 10:25pm
Received my amp. My Blue Jeans interconnects are a bit short. I believe .5 meter. I had to turn my dac sideways to work. Will definitely buy a new, longer set. I think I need to give the T1 some time to open up. I have less than 50 hours using them.post #6000 of 837811/30/13 at 5:51amQuote:
Finished up my Bottlehead Crack yesterday, pairs very well with the T1's need to swap around my cables also.
Enjoy your CSP+2
Edited by JamieMcC - 11/30/13 at 5:53am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 second ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from PX95 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions and Appreciation... 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)