- 1,363 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 400post #5986 of 1047811/28/13 at 8:02pmThe Soloist is a great amp. I am looking to build a crack because I want to try the HD800 and T1 with tubes but the Soloist is really great with the T1.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5987 of 1047811/28/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I do the same when using digital sources.post #5988 of 1047811/29/13 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by michnix
I have been circling around the T1s for quite a while now and have now finally found a good "excuse" to start with headphones again. (I had some Denon AH-d5000 a couple of years ago)
I am going to start working at a place a couple of hours away (here in Norway, driving distances are measured in time, not kilometres ) where I will have to stay during the week and commute home for the weekends.
So I need music.
It is repeated quite a lot that the T1s are a great match with tubes, but there are a few issues with that: most tubed amps are not that easily transportable because of tubes sticking out. (I will have to pack unpack and transport the gear every week) In addition to that , I hate tube rolling After i sold my last tube amp in my main system I have never looked back.
From what I have been reading either one of those amps would be a good match with the T1s:
Lehmann Black Cube Linear
My source will be a mac playing lossless uncompressed connected to a Metrum Acoustics Hex DAC.
Do you have a recommendation which amp would match best in this setup?
My main setup consists of said Metrum Hex, Karan KA-I 180 integrated amp and Spendor A9 speakers. Which translates to a neutral presentation, slightly laid-back though extremely detailed and a glorious soundstage (Spendor A9) and powerful with just a hint on the darker side of things (Karan amp).
With the Hex you can choose if you want to go the Hi-Fi route and go into the deepest details of the recording or if you want to rock and/or loose yourself completely in the music (it usually starts with the first and ends with the latter ) It is really a hell of a good DAC!
I don't want to start with music preferences- I'll listen to any genre depending on the mood...
Thanks for your help!
..when u wrote 'neutral presentation.. slightly laid back ...extreme detail ...glorious soundstage ...powerful ...hint of dark side..."
It spelled Lehmann BCL to me..having owned this amp for a few years.post #5989 of 1047811/29/13 at 12:28pmQuote:
My solution, as well. Everything sounds good on my HD650s. Well recorded music is stunning with the T1s.post #5990 of 1047811/29/13 at 12:35pmpost #5991 of 1047811/29/13 at 1:10pmpost #5992 of 1047811/29/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
and here I go thinking I could live with only one set of 'phones.post #5993 of 1047811/29/13 at 4:49pmpost #5994 of 1047811/29/13 at 6:25pmpost #5995 of 1047811/29/13 at 6:51pmpost #5996 of 1047811/29/13 at 7:24pmpost #5997 of 1047811/29/13 at 7:42pmpost #5998 of 1047811/29/13 at 8:07pmpost #5999 of 1047811/29/13 at 10:25pm
Received my amp. My Blue Jeans interconnects are a bit short. I believe .5 meter. I had to turn my dac sideways to work. Will definitely buy a new, longer set. I think I need to give the T1 some time to open up. I have less than 50 hours using them.post #6000 of 1047811/30/13 at 5:51amQuote:
Finished up my Bottlehead Crack yesterday, pairs very well with the T1's need to swap around my cables also.
Enjoy your CSP+2
Edited by JamieMcC - 11/30/13 at 5:53am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Where to get thin sheets of memory foam / gel foam / visco-elastic... 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 8 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 8 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 9 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 10 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear