- 1,036 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 400post #5986 of 882711/28/13 at 8:02pmThe Soloist is a great amp. I am looking to build a crack because I want to try the HD800 and T1 with tubes but the Soloist is really great with the T1.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5987 of 882711/28/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I do the same when using digital sources.post #5988 of 882711/29/13 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by michnix
I have been circling around the T1s for quite a while now and have now finally found a good "excuse" to start with headphones again. (I had some Denon AH-d5000 a couple of years ago)
I am going to start working at a place a couple of hours away (here in Norway, driving distances are measured in time, not kilometres ) where I will have to stay during the week and commute home for the weekends.
So I need music.
It is repeated quite a lot that the T1s are a great match with tubes, but there are a few issues with that: most tubed amps are not that easily transportable because of tubes sticking out. (I will have to pack unpack and transport the gear every week) In addition to that , I hate tube rolling After i sold my last tube amp in my main system I have never looked back.
From what I have been reading either one of those amps would be a good match with the T1s:
Lehmann Black Cube Linear
My source will be a mac playing lossless uncompressed connected to a Metrum Acoustics Hex DAC.
Do you have a recommendation which amp would match best in this setup?
My main setup consists of said Metrum Hex, Karan KA-I 180 integrated amp and Spendor A9 speakers. Which translates to a neutral presentation, slightly laid-back though extremely detailed and a glorious soundstage (Spendor A9) and powerful with just a hint on the darker side of things (Karan amp).
With the Hex you can choose if you want to go the Hi-Fi route and go into the deepest details of the recording or if you want to rock and/or loose yourself completely in the music (it usually starts with the first and ends with the latter ) It is really a hell of a good DAC!
I don't want to start with music preferences- I'll listen to any genre depending on the mood...
Thanks for your help!
..when u wrote 'neutral presentation.. slightly laid back ...extreme detail ...glorious soundstage ...powerful ...hint of dark side..."
It spelled Lehmann BCL to me..having owned this amp for a few years.post #5989 of 882711/29/13 at 12:28pmQuote:
My solution, as well. Everything sounds good on my HD650s. Well recorded music is stunning with the T1s.post #5990 of 882711/29/13 at 12:35pmpost #5991 of 882711/29/13 at 1:10pmpost #5992 of 882711/29/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
and here I go thinking I could live with only one set of 'phones.post #5993 of 882711/29/13 at 4:49pmpost #5994 of 882711/29/13 at 6:25pmpost #5995 of 882711/29/13 at 6:51pmpost #5996 of 882711/29/13 at 7:24pmpost #5997 of 882711/29/13 at 7:42pmpost #5998 of 882711/29/13 at 8:07pmpost #5999 of 882711/29/13 at 10:25pm
Received my amp. My Blue Jeans interconnects are a bit short. I believe .5 meter. I had to turn my dac sideways to work. Will definitely buy a new, longer set. I think I need to give the T1 some time to open up. I have less than 50 hours using them.post #6000 of 882711/30/13 at 5:51amQuote:
Finished up my Bottlehead Crack yesterday, pairs very well with the T1's need to swap around my cables also.
Enjoy your CSP+2
Edited by JamieMcC - 11/30/13 at 5:53am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 40 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 56 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 4 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2