- 1,375 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 400post #5986 of 1051211/28/13 at 8:02pmThe Soloist is a great amp. I am looking to build a crack because I want to try the HD800 and T1 with tubes but the Soloist is really great with the T1.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5987 of 1051211/28/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I do the same when using digital sources.post #5988 of 1051211/29/13 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by michnix
I have been circling around the T1s for quite a while now and have now finally found a good "excuse" to start with headphones again. (I had some Denon AH-d5000 a couple of years ago)
I am going to start working at a place a couple of hours away (here in Norway, driving distances are measured in time, not kilometres ) where I will have to stay during the week and commute home for the weekends.
So I need music.
It is repeated quite a lot that the T1s are a great match with tubes, but there are a few issues with that: most tubed amps are not that easily transportable because of tubes sticking out. (I will have to pack unpack and transport the gear every week) In addition to that , I hate tube rolling After i sold my last tube amp in my main system I have never looked back.
From what I have been reading either one of those amps would be a good match with the T1s:
Lehmann Black Cube Linear
My source will be a mac playing lossless uncompressed connected to a Metrum Acoustics Hex DAC.
Do you have a recommendation which amp would match best in this setup?
My main setup consists of said Metrum Hex, Karan KA-I 180 integrated amp and Spendor A9 speakers. Which translates to a neutral presentation, slightly laid-back though extremely detailed and a glorious soundstage (Spendor A9) and powerful with just a hint on the darker side of things (Karan amp).
With the Hex you can choose if you want to go the Hi-Fi route and go into the deepest details of the recording or if you want to rock and/or loose yourself completely in the music (it usually starts with the first and ends with the latter ) It is really a hell of a good DAC!
I don't want to start with music preferences- I'll listen to any genre depending on the mood...
Thanks for your help!
..when u wrote 'neutral presentation.. slightly laid back ...extreme detail ...glorious soundstage ...powerful ...hint of dark side..."
It spelled Lehmann BCL to me..having owned this amp for a few years.post #5989 of 1051211/29/13 at 12:28pmQuote:
My solution, as well. Everything sounds good on my HD650s. Well recorded music is stunning with the T1s.post #5990 of 1051211/29/13 at 12:35pmpost #5991 of 1051211/29/13 at 1:10pmpost #5992 of 1051211/29/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
and here I go thinking I could live with only one set of 'phones.post #5993 of 1051211/29/13 at 4:49pmpost #5994 of 1051211/29/13 at 6:25pmpost #5995 of 1051211/29/13 at 6:51pmpost #5996 of 1051211/29/13 at 7:24pmpost #5997 of 1051211/29/13 at 7:42pmpost #5998 of 1051211/29/13 at 8:07pmpost #5999 of 1051211/29/13 at 10:25pm
Received my amp. My Blue Jeans interconnects are a bit short. I believe .5 meter. I had to turn my dac sideways to work. Will definitely buy a new, longer set. I think I need to give the T1 some time to open up. I have less than 50 hours using them.post #6000 of 1051211/30/13 at 5:51amQuote:
Finished up my Bottlehead Crack yesterday, pairs very well with the T1's need to swap around my cables also.
Enjoy your CSP+2
Edited by JamieMcC - 11/30/13 at 5:53am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fostex TE-04 33 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › Nobsound Elfidelity Digital Sourced II 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear