Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 396

post #5926 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

Not exactly - he cant start building until January. Why you ask? 

 

oh he told me the same thing when i told him im gonna buy one.

 

i wanted to know if i was first in line or not :D

 

i know he has other amps to build before he gets to the otl's as well.

post #5927 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

oh he told me the same thing when i told him im gonna buy one.

 

i wanted to know if i was first in line or not :D

 

i know he has other amps to build before he gets to the otl's as well.

but you already have yours or is that a demo one? 

post #5928 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

oh he told me the same thing when i told him im gonna buy one.

 

i wanted to know if i was first in line or not :D

 

i know he has other amps to build before he gets to the otl's as well.

you missed that WA2?

post #5929 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

you missed that WA2?

 

yes, i should of bought, was a really good deal. 1050 shipped. the tung sols i could of kept of sold easily for 150 the pair, then its 900 for the amp. the amperex tubes cost like 200 pair easily, and he had other junk tubes as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

but you already have yours or is that a demo one? 

post #5930 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

yes, i should of bought, was a really good deal. 1050 shipped. the tung sols i could of kept of sold easily for 150 the pair, then its 900 for the amp. the amperex tubes cost like 200 pair easily, and he had other junk tubes as well.

 

you only answered the first one. its blank after the second quote.

post #5931 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Just to throw this out, the new LCD-X has imaging on par (and maybe even wider/deeper) than the T1s. 


I was curious to know that, thanks.  How does the LCD-3 imaging compare with T1s?

post #5932 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Just to throw this out, the new LCD-X has imaging on par (and maybe even wider/deeper) than the T1s. 

How does the LCD-X compare to the T1 in terms of precision, detail and clarity?

Edit: You no longer own the T1 correct?
Edited by vlach - 11/14/13 at 10:41pm
post #5933 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 


I was curious to know that, thanks.  How does the LCD-3 imaging compare with T1s?

 

i believe in the past, macedonianhero says its slightly better on the LCD-3 when properly driven. i'm not so sure, but YMMV. the LCD-3 do image very well though.

 

he doesn't like the T1 as much as I do ;)

post #5934 of 7819

Holy smokes these T1's are good!

 

Last night went to see Cara Dillon sing, simply stunning vocals its spellbinding how she can convey emotion and musicality when she sings. Its also a real treat to watch some very skill full acoustic musicians who make up the rest of the band think "the transatlantic sessions". We even managed to have a chat after the show for a few minutes and she wished the misses happy birthday who was over the moon and grinning from ear to ear. I hoped to ask if their new album might also be released on vinyl but to be honest Cara was so radiant it completely slipped my mind.

 

 

The support act were two guys called  "Winter Mountain"  sort of a folksy Simon & Garfunkel sound, nice harmonies.

 

 

Well l am listening to the Winter Mountain CD and Holy smokes the T1's are good!


Edited by JamieMcC - 11/22/13 at 12:58pm
post #5935 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 


I was curious to know that, thanks.  How does the LCD-3 imaging compare with T1s?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

i believe in the past, macedonianhero says its slightly better on the LCD-3 when properly driven. i'm not so sure, but YMMV. the LCD-3 do image very well though.

 

he doesn't like the T1 as much as I do ;)

 

I would say that the LCD-3s image as well as the HE-6s, but the T1s edge both out. But the LCD-X's edge out even the T1s.

post #5936 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

 

 

 

I would say that the LCD-3s image as well as the HE-6s, but the T1s edge both out. But the LCD-X's edge out even the T1s.

 

I personally like the signature of the HE-500s out of the planars I've tried - they've been on my wish list for a while. How does the LCD-X's signature compare to the T1 and the HE-500?

post #5937 of 7819

I just purchased new T1s without having a suitable amp (looking for deals), so I just tested it with my home audio receiver. I'm hearing massive distortions and rattling (maybe buzzing?) in the right channel that's not present on either my stereo or AD700s. The left channel sounds fine. I'm sure about the specific frequencies, but I played an "audio test sweep" from 20hz to 20khz and it seems most noticable around the mid range.

 

Does anyone have an suggestions or recommendations? 

post #5938 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedormendor View Post
 

I just purchased new T1s without having a suitable amp (looking for deals), so I just tested it with my home audio receiver. I'm hearing massive distortions and rattling (maybe buzzing?) in the right channel that's not present on either my stereo or AD700s. The left channel sounds fine. I'm sure about the specific frequencies, but I played an "audio test sweep" from 20hz to 20khz and it seems most noticable around the mid range.

 

Does anyone have an suggestions or recommendations? 

It's most likely the AVR suffering from such high impedance cans. Try a different amplifier if you can to verify that.

post #5939 of 7819

I have never heard of this before. I hope you get it sorted. 

post #5940 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedormendor View Post
 

I just purchased new T1s without having a suitable amp (looking for deals), so I just tested it with my home audio receiver. I'm hearing massive distortions and rattling (maybe buzzing?) in the right channel that's not present on either my stereo or AD700s. The left channel sounds fine. I'm sure about the specific frequencies, but I played an "audio test sweep" from 20hz to 20khz and it seems most noticable around the mid range.

 

Does anyone have an suggestions or recommendations? 

Just don't bother with the receiver. I remember trying a pair of DT880/600 a long time ago on a decent Pioneer receiver and music sounded like music with alien invasion in the background. You should look into getting a headphone amp. You could try something like the Matrix M-Stage as a starter amp if you don't want to dive straight into the higher-end ones. I like it a lot with my T1. I'll grab a WA2 when I have the money for it. :p

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread