Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 383

post #5731 of 7760

What is the problem with the head band of the first few one?

post #5732 of 7760

I think it's not as comfortable as the newer design. It has less padding.

 

My #17xx T1s have the old headband and they are not as comfortable as the newer ones I've tried.

post #5733 of 7760

I have the 70xx, I guess it's the newest one. I still think the DT880 are more comfortable, but after multiple hours I think the T1 are more comfortable, no pressure point on top of my head like the DT880 does.

post #5734 of 7760

Speaking of the headband...

 

I've noticed my T1s have a tiny hairline fracture between the "T" and the "1" that are stamped out in the metal on the left side..

 

I noticed earlier in the thread that Dubstep Girl's T1s completely broke at the same spot.

 

I have treated them with kid gloves. Never dropped them or slammed them down or threw them across the room so...

I guess it's my fat head putting pressure on it at that point. Don't know.

 

It hasn't broken yet, but it is slightly bent and when I look in the mirror I can see the left cup is angled slightly up compared to the right side which is maybe why I've noticed some balance issues lately, where the center image is off slightly to the right.

 

These are my main headphones and I love the sound of them, so I'm hoping they won't break. But I wonder how much it would cost to repair them? Unfortunately I've had them for 3 years so the warranty has expired. :confused_face: 

post #5735 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

Speaking of the headband...

 

I've noticed my T1s have a tiny hairline fracture between the "T" and the "1" that are stamped out in the metal on the left side..

 

I noticed earlier in the thread that Dubstep Girl's T1s completely broke at the same spot.

 

I have treated them with kid gloves. Never dropped them or slammed them down or threw them across the room so...

I guess it's my fat head putting pressure on it at that point. Don't know.

 

It hasn't broken yet, but it is slightly bent and when I look in the mirror I can see the left cup is angled slightly up compared to the right side which is maybe why I've noticed some balance issues lately, where the center image is off slightly to the right.

 

These are my main headphones and I love the sound of them, so I'm hoping they won't break. But I wonder how much it would cost to repair them? Unfortunately I've had them for 3 years so the warranty has expired. :confused_face: 

You might find Beyer sympathetic to your problem in spite of the warranty issue. If it was me I would shoot them an email and see what they say. 

post #5736 of 7760

Florence and the machine's Ceremonials album is high on my play list of late. The album really is a great bit of producing hitting you with wave after wave of sound, changing depths, Florence's vocals and lyrics, there is just an epic amount of detail going on in its layering and just sounds sublime on the T1's.

 

It always gives me a smile when the T1's trick you into thinking you are hearing a noise in the next room so you take the cans off to check but really its just the T1's, this album had a few of those moments.

 

Found a nice track by track write up (link) below with videos of some of the tracks.

 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/465357/florence-the-machine-ceremonials-track-by-track-review

post #5737 of 7760

Briefly, i will receive my second T1 recabled with balanced moon-audio black dragon.

this is my retour to dynamic headphones after long time.

i´m really curious...

post #5738 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by alota View Post
 

Briefly, i will receive my second T1 recabled with balanced moon-audio black dragon.

this is my retour to dynamic headphones after long time.

i´m really curious...

that's how I have mine done....very nice indeed....good luck

post #5739 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post
 

that's how I have mine done....very nice indeed....good luck

yes but you have some good headphones beyond the T1:wink:

post #5740 of 7760

I'll try moon audio's black dragon if the toxic silver widow doesn't sound great with the modded T1 (waiting to get them back from moon audio).

post #5741 of 7760

Have any of you guys gotten a recable by Brian at BTG-Audio. I don't know if I really want to recable, not sure if i'll notice a difference. I would probably get a removable cable mod.

 

I heard beyer uses decent wire for the T1, so i'm not sure if a recable would even be worth it.

post #5742 of 7760
How much is a black dragon recable from moon audio? Im considering it in xlr with an adapter
post #5743 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

How much is a black dragon recable from moon audio? Im considering it in xlr with an adapter

see this

post #5744 of 7760

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't go for a recable, but it's really easy to re-terminate the existing cable to an XLR. I recently re-terminated my T1s to a 4-pin XLR and used the T1's original 6mm jack to make a fly-lead to adapt the 4-pin XLR to 6mm jack for traditional headphone sockets. It took just 2 XLR plugs, a short length of shielded 2-core cable, about an hour of time and some simple soldering.

 

End result is a stock T1 cable terminated to a 4-pin male XLR plug and a short fly lead with a female 4-pin XLR at one end and 6mm jack at the other. I can now use my T1s with almost anything and it cost about $30 (using high quality Neutrik black XLRs)

post #5745 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 But I wonder how much it would cost to repair them? Unfortunately I've had them for 3 years so the warranty has expired. :confused_face: 

About $125 a year ago.

 

My avatar is every bit as dainty as she looks. She got caught in the cord and put a 90° bend in them.

 

Love the T1s, but cutting the logo the way that they did is a flaw in my opinion.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread