or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 39

post #571 of 10478

I got a nice phonecall just now.

 

The waiting game just became more tolerable. My pair is in the mail, and they'll arrive either on saturday or on monday.

post #572 of 10478

I own the T-1 and the WA22 plus the Wyred4Sound DAC2.  This combo is truly spectacular.  By end of next week I hope to give you all a report on what they sound like with the Cavalli Liquid Fire amp.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Yes the WA2 and T1 are a match made in heaven...and yes I do have one for sale on the F/S forum, but I really would like to hold onto it until next week when I can A-B it with my incoming WA22. I will report back when I'm done.


 

post #573 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

I own the T-1 and the WA22 plus the Wyred4Sound DAC2.  This combo is truly spectacular.  By end of next week I hope to give you all a report on what they sound like with the Cavalli Liquid Fire amp.
 



 



so jealous lol.

i had the W4S DAC1 and was VERY impressed.  sold it to try out the EE Minimax.  we'll see if that was a mistake or not.  i doubt ill find a DAC1 for what i sold mine for :(

cant wait to hear your impressions on the LF.

post #574 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

I own the T-1 and the WA22 plus the Wyred4Sound DAC2.  This combo is truly spectacular.  By end of next week I hope to give you all a report on what they sound like with the Cavalli Liquid Fire amp.
 

 

Anxiously waiting for that report.....  beerchug.gif

 

 

post #575 of 10478

Just got my new 46XX new T1. The headband change is evident. Fresh out of the box sound great. I will keep reporting when they burn in but they seem more comfortable with the new headband.

post #576 of 10478

Frank,

 

Did you have a previous pair w/the older headband?

post #577 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

Frank,

 

Did you have a previous pair w/the older headband?



Yes I had and sold a 2265 serial number that had the all leather band. This may be a tad more comfortable and it goes up and down easy. Sonically after burn in I will see if I notice any difference in sound but I think they sound the same but I need hours to be positive

post #578 of 10478

Thanks!  2210 here.  

 

This thread has become a bit more active of late.

post #579 of 10478

I notice nothing different in the treble. i know Upstate got a replacement pair and his is better than the first so I think his first T1 were defective. Sonically I hear no difference but these are not burn in yet. Will see after 100 hrs where these are.

post #580 of 10478

I've only got a couple of hours on mine, but so far they sound rather bright and thin. I can hear the other sonic virtues coming through, but I'm concerned about the frequency ends. I hope it's just a matter of burn-in, rather than being defective. (For comparison, my DT880's sound much more well-rounded and civilized).

post #581 of 10478

I guess I should join this club smily_headphones1.gif

 

my serial: 3580

post #582 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamera View Post

I've only got a couple of hours on mine, but so far they sound rather bright and thin. I can hear the other sonic virtues coming through, but I'm concerned about the frequency ends. I hope it's just a matter of burn-in, rather than being defective. (For comparison, my DT880's sound much more well-rounded and civilized).


Sounds like you may have the bright versions. 

 

My 1st ones sounded like that when I first got them and never changed much. 

 

The second pair, sounded like 650s out of the box, with a prominent bass and a laid back treble.  After a while the treble developed and became more filled out, but not bright or annoying like the 1st pair, while the bass remained nice and deep and prominent.  You'd never think they were the same headphones. 

 

To try to put it into a few words, the bass versions have an '03 Beyer 880 treble with a Sennheiser 650 bass.

 

I wasn't very excited about the first pair but I really like the new ones..... 

 

And with the headband change, other than the weight difference, they are just as comfortable as my 880s..... and that's saying a lot.

 

post #583 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamera View Post

I've only got a couple of hours on mine, but so far they sound rather bright and thin. I can hear the other sonic virtues coming through, but I'm concerned about the frequency ends. I hope it's just a matter of burn-in, rather than being defective. (For comparison, my DT880's sound much more well-rounded and civilized).



What amp and source are you using if I can ask. Mine dont sound like what you describe. I have both here and the 880 is very good but its not as good as a T1. I am keeping my T1 and i  prefer tube amps with them. Give them some time what many consider bright is actually the transparency uyou hear and the more extended treble.

post #584 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post





What amp and source are you using if I can ask. Mine dont sound like what you describe. I have both here and the 880 is very good but its not as good as a T1. I am keeping my T1 and i  prefer tube amps with them. Give them some time what many consider bright is actually the transparency uyou hear and the more extended treble.


The amp could very well be part of the problem. I'm using the otherwise fine Burson HA 160. (On the other hand, just trying the T1's with my very polite Arcam integrated amp, and it's still the same problem) My other cans sound good with the Burson, most of the time, including the DT880's. But I knew going in that the reviews were mixed about this pairing, and that many folks hold the T1's work better with tubes. I'll keep letting these burn in. But since I dig the Beyer sound generally, I will also start saving for a decent tube amp. I can tell the T1's could/will be excellent, and I can see how they might be particularly sensitive to the rest of the chain. In the meantime, for enjoyment I'll keep using my HD650's, DT880's, Grado HP1000's and occasionally the K701's...
 

 

post #585 of 10478


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamera View Post




The amp could very well be part of the problem. I'm using the otherwise fine Burson HA 160. (On the other hand, just trying the T1's with my very polite Arcam integrated amp, and it's still the same problem) My other cans sound good with the Burson, most of the time, including the DT880's. But I knew going in that the reviews were mixed about this pairing, and that many folks hold the T1's work better with tubes. I'll keep letting these burn in. But since I dig the Beyer sound generally, I will also start saving for a decent tube amp. I can tell the T1's could/will be excellent, and I can see how they might be particularly sensitive to the rest of the chain. In the meantime, for enjoyment I'll keep using my HD650's, DT880's, Grado HP1000's and occasionally the K701's...
 

 



The Burson users all had that same issue with the T1. I can honestly say I hear so much more space and  inner detail better bass and way more transparency with the T1 over the 880. The 880 are outstanding for the money. The transparency is so good on the T1 is scary. I would suggest give it a good 100-150 hrs and listen critically you may like them

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread