Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 377

post #5641 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Congratulations! Hope you love what you hear after burn-in.

+1

I think they do require a little burn in,
At first, paired with the Conductor, they sounded good but a little dry.
A couple of weeks, I guess they started to melt into each other like butter, and lately they sound really good.
Or maybe is just my ears getting used to them?. All I know is that they are getting a lot better with time.
post #5642 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiont View Post


+1

I think they do require a little burn in,
At first, paired with the Conductor, they sounded good but a little dry.
A couple of weeks, I guess they started to melt into each other like butter, and lately they sound really good.
Or maybe is just my ears getting used to them?. All I know is that they are getting a lot better with time.

 

I know mine were already burned in and I experienced a little of what you're describing so I'm guessing there's an element of brain / ear adjustment as well. Either way, they rock once we / they adapt!

post #5643 of 8208

These are really really much more comfortable than  the hd 650.   I need the gf to go away for a few hours so I can do some back to back testing.   She doesn't know I bought two sets of cans. lol

post #5644 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasf1 View Post
 

These are really really much more comfortable than  the hd 650.   I need the gf to go away for a few hours so I can do some back to back testing.   She doesn't know I bought two sets of cans. lol

 

ha ha. the T1's are more comfortable than the HD650 but not by much. 

post #5645 of 8208

Wondering if I should have got the T1 over the T90.

 

At the time I couldn't justify the 10% better performance for $600 more, But now I want that extra 10% dammit. haha

post #5646 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flognuts View Post
 

Wondering if I should have got the T1 over the T90.

 

At the time I couldn't justify the 10% better performance for $600 more, But now I want that extra 10% dammit. haha

 

T90 is not a true flagship. That would bother me. I have to have at least 1 flagship. Actually soon i will have 2 - HD800. 

post #5647 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

ha ha. the T1's are more comfortable than the HD650 but not by much. 

 

T1 is a very good headphone, but the diameter of the ear-pads are to small for me, I like the ear-pads of the AKGs so as from the K712.

 

My impression is - with T1 I hear the music to a (very) short tube if I compare them with the same league circumaural headphones or with K712.  Some circumaural headphones offers spacious soundstage.

 

T1, D7000, etc. are supra-aural headphones

 

I like ear-enclosing, full-sized headphones (circumaural headphones) more!

 

PS: Understand this right - it's only my personal impression!

post #5648 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzS View Post
 

 

T1 is a very good headphone, but the diameter of the ear-pads are to small for me, I like the ear-pads of the AKGs so as from the K712.

 

My impression is - with T1 I hear the music to a (very) short tube if I compare them with the same league circumaural headphones or with K712.  Some circumaural headphones offers spacious soundstage.

 

T1, D7000, etc. are supra-aural headphones

 

I like ear-enclosing, full-sized headphones (circumaural headphones) more!

 

PS: Understand this right - it's only my personal impression!

 

+1 they are slso slightly too small for me. I would prefer if the pads did not touch my ears at all

post #5649 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

T90 is not a true flagship. That would bother me. I have to have at least 1 flagship. Actually soon i will have 2 - HD800. 

My only regret is not purchasing the T1 sooner. Not that I suffered with the HD800 & W3000ANV, but I definitely missed out on an amazing headphone for all these years. They are currently my favorite. The clarity and precision amazes me.
Edited by vlach - 10/4/13 at 10:56am
post #5650 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiont View Post


+1

I think they do require a little burn in,
At first, paired with the Conductor, they sounded good but a little dry.
A couple of weeks, I guess they started to melt into each other like butter, and lately they sound really good.
Or maybe is just my ears getting used to them?. All I know is that they are getting a lot better with time.

 

It definitely needs burn-in time. In 3 weeks I have been using the T1 there is definitely a big change in SQ.

post #5651 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

It definitely needs burn-in time. In 3 weeks I have been using the T1 there is definitely a big change in SQ.

 

150 + hours, for me it was nearly 200

post #5652 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

150 + hours, for me it was nearly 200

 

I don't think my T1 already passed the 150-hour mileage yet. I'm hoping it would still get better over time :darthsmile:

post #5653 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

+1 they are slso slightly too small for me. I would prefer if the pads did not touch my ears at all

 

Funny I haven't seen the size of the ear pads commented on before but I totally agree they are just slightly too small. Still comfortable but a slight increase in size would be an improvement for me. 

post #5654 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post
 

 

Funny I haven't seen the size of the ear pads commented on before but I totally agree they are just slightly too small. Still comfortable but a slight increase in size would be an improvement for me. 

 

I like my headphones BIG! HD800 here I come!

post #5655 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

I like my headphones BIG! HD800 here I come!

 

Nice :)  

 

I have a new toy coming on Monday, as well. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread