Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 375

post #5611 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

anyways listening to T1 today, these are still my favorite headphones, and even vs both audezes, hifiman, and sennheiser and even the th-900, these have the BEST bass. at least for my tastes. not heavy, not light, and with a decay and sound that i really like.

I agree the T1s have the best bass.
post #5612 of 7823

I have the HD650 and T1's and use both almost daily. The bass on T1 is just how I like it for my own tastes. Fast well defined and importantly under control.  They are both great cans.

 

I have been listening to Florence and the Machine's Lungs album tonight with both phones and it really shines with the T1's fantastic PRaT the 650's get well and truly spanked.

 

Its really a case of horses for courses the 650's have a nice way with sulky female voices.

 

I also find getting to sleep after using the T1's prior to bed troublesome as the music seems to become etched into my brain on repeat play.  So the HD650's are used for relaxed late night listening and I have been blissfully lulled to sleep while wearing them in the past, although a well aged single malt might have contributed a little also ;-)

 

Edit just for balance I am listening to Melody Gardot  "Love me like a river" its super with the T1's but just sublime on the HD650 even though I know the T1's are clearer and more defined etc.  The 650's sometimes just have a knack of enveloping you with their musicality and adding a touch of ambience to the recording.


Edited by JamieMcC - 9/29/13 at 2:30pm
post #5613 of 7823

I am away from my T1s for a week. I'm missing them badly  :(

post #5614 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post
 

 

Sorry but with the system you have you are probably hearing ~60% of what the HD650's are capable of and about ~10% of what the T1's are capable of and yet you still admit the T1's are superior in nearly every area. The problem is the T1's are showing up the limitations of your system while the HD650's will be, mostly, covering up those limitations.

Forgiveness is the only real strengh of the HD650's IMO, unless you specifically like their character.

The best amp I heard the HD650's on? Well when I had them I had the Woo6 SE and they sounded just OK. Actually they were totally beaten by the AKG 701's and Ultrasone ALO-780's that I also had at that time. They also did not really sound much better than a £50 per of sennheisers that I also had lying around for travel purposes.

 

Since then a few months ago I got to hear a pair again though my current system running balanced with a Silver Dragon v2 cable ( a cable I also used with them when I had them,just not balanced) I have never heard them sound better but head to head with my T1's (stock reterninated cable) they were still compresensively outclassed in basically every area.

IMO the HD650's are amn over hyped phone that are normaley hyped by people who love their basic character, have a mediocre system and what to hide it's flaws or have just not heard anything better to compare them too.

No disrespect intended but your system is not even getting anywhere near driving the HD650's at their best so it is probably totally under performing with the T1's.

 

I know someone who had the HD650's and the HD800's on the Woo2. He liked them both and could clearly hear the superiority of the HD800's but felt the difference was quite slight and no where near the difference in their cost. He then got to hear the HD800's & HD650's with the EC Zana Deux, an amp rated very highly with both phones and after that he could not listen to the HD650's any more.

 

I therefore stand by my claim that the T1's are upto 3 classes above the HD650's if you are not biased towards the HD650's character and both are run properly.

 

 

having owned HD 650s and 701s with WA6-SE, i found they both sounded very very good out of the WA6-SE. however, the T1 is still better. 

 

HD 650 vs HD 800 on WA2. i don't think it was a slight difference, it was massive already, the HD 800 outclass the HD 650 in every way on the WA2 as well, and the T1 is definitely a cut above the HD 650.

post #5615 of 7823
Liked my 650's when i had them, but the t1 is what made me sell them. The 650 sounded so sloppy in comparison. But like anything, personal preference comes into it.
post #5616 of 7823

for me, i loved my hd 650 and i thought i'd never sell them. but the LCD-2 was extremely similar sounding, and well, i still believe its the natural upgrade to the HD 650, with the HD 650 only having the advantage of being slightly warmer and more comfortable. so the LCD-2 is what made me sell the HD 650, and now with LCD-3 around, i couldn't ever go back to HD 650s.

post #5617 of 7823

I thought I would sale my 650's when the T1's arrived but for now they both seem to have their place and I am a little reluctant to let the Senns go for now. It will be interesting to see how they both sound out of the Bottlehead Crack when it arrives next month fingers crossed.  I am sure my current headphone out is more of a match for the Senns than the T1 so looking forward to being able to see what the T1's are capable of when more adequately driven by the OTL Crack .


Edited by JamieMcC - 9/29/13 at 3:06pm
post #5618 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

Ive only tried SR-009 lol, and it was with a LL and mytek 192 setup. Now i know the LL is not the best amp for them, so some issues i found must of been cause of that.

Anyways i was really surprised by how good the SR-009 are, not the extra transparency or detail that caught my attention, but the speed and the transients, just absolutely zero congestion, everything remains separated and fully resolved, it was something that no dynamic or planar can do. Only the Hd 800 out of zana deux or gsx mk2 come close, but its still not the same. The transients where the most impressive thing, the speed, the drivers can fully resolve every single sound in a recording.

Yeah, I feel the same too, the separation is crazy, makes my hd800 sounds 'congesed'. I tried with quite a good system at that time. Resolution audio cantata, Cary amp (have to dig the name), Woo Wee, sr-009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

I went through the same phase and bought the 407 with a Stax 006t amp then added the 507 pads. I'm happy to have tried it but I came to the conclusion that unless you are prepared to go up to the 009's I prefer my dynamics. I will tell you that unless you have small ears you will not find the 407/507 remotely comfortable.Frankly I found the sound a bit sterile for my taste. You can get carried away with the speed  but in the end their mid-level phones just didn't do it for me.

I will first ty with lower model stax lambda amd see how it goes smily_headphones1.gif
post #5619 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

I am away from my T1s for a week. I'm missing them badly  :(

 

haha, I know that feeling...I couldn't believe how much I missed them when they were in NY getting re-wired. 

post #5620 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

haha, I know that feeling...I couldn't believe how much I missed them when they were in NY getting re-wired. 

 

yea its a bitch, away from WA2 as well,

post #5621 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

yea its a bitch, away from WA2 as well,

 

oh  man, you're REALLY hurtin' lol. 

 

When will you be reunited? 

 

 

EDIT: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683752/head-fi-gear-separation-support-thread   :D


Edited by Focker - 9/29/13 at 5:10pm
post #5622 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

oh  man, you're REALLY hurtin' lol. 

When will you be reunited? 


EDIT: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683752/head-fi-gear-separation-support-thread   biggrin.gif

Haha. Great idea, Focker!
post #5623 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

oh  man, you're REALLY hurtin' lol. 

 

When will you be reunited? 

 

 

EDIT: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683752/head-fi-gear-separation-support-thread   :D

 

Thursday night! cannot wait

post #5624 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post
 

 

Sorry but with the system you have you are probably hearing ~60% of what the HD650's are capable of and about ~10% of what the T1's are capable of and yet you still admit the T1's are superior in nearly every area. The problem is the T1's are showing up the limitations of your system while the HD650's will be, mostly, covering up those limitations.

Forgiveness is the only real strengh of the HD650's IMO, unless you specifically like their character.

The best amp I heard the HD650's on? Well when I had them I had the Woo6 SE and they sounded just OK. Actually they were totally beaten by the AKG 701's and Ultrasone ALO-780's that I also had at that time. They also did not really sound much better than a £50 per of sennheisers that I also had lying around for travel purposes.

 

Since then a few months ago I got to hear a pair again though my current system running balanced with a Silver Dragon v2 cable ( a cable I also used with them when I had them,just not balanced) I have never heard them sound better but head to head with my T1's (stock reterninated cable) they were still compresensively outclassed in basically every area.

IMO the HD650's are amn over hyped phone that are normaley hyped by people who love their basic character, have a mediocre system and what to hide it's flaws or have just not heard anything better to compare them too.

No disrespect intended but your system is not even getting anywhere near driving the HD650's at their best so it is probably totally under performing with the T1's.

 

I know someone who had the HD650's and the HD800's on the Woo2. He liked them both and could clearly hear the superiority of the HD800's but felt the difference was quite slight and no where near the difference in their cost. He then got to hear the HD800's & HD650's with the EC Zana Deux, an amp rated very highly with both phones and after that he could not listen to the HD650's any more.

 

I therefore stand by my claim that the T1's are upto 3 classes above the HD650's if you are not biased towards the HD650's character and both are run properly.

 

Up to 3 classes above on a scale of how many classes?

post #5625 of 7823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post


Haha. Great idea, Focker!

 

lol, I'm expecting the thread will probably die off in short order, but might be good for some laughs in the meantime...

 

If nothing else, MagicCabbage knows that we all feel his pain and suffer along side him! :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread