T1 was made for Rock
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 365post #5461 of 105039/13/13 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5462 of 105039/13/13 at 8:30pm
replaced my Rs1i, 325is, and destroyed the PS1000. i might still get a grado, but the T1 is definitely one of my go-to rock headphones.post #5463 of 105039/14/13 at 5:12am
I definitely have yet to come across anything that the T1s don't do well. Combine that with the fact that I find them incredibly comfortable and it make for one heck of a satisfying purchase. I've had mind for a year and a half and plan to have them around for a very long time.post #5464 of 105039/14/13 at 5:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Focker
I definitely have yet to come across anything that the T1s don't do well. Combine that with the fact that I find them incredibly comfortable and it make for one heck of a satisfying purchase. I've had mind for a year and a half and plan to have them around for a very long time.
and u still haven't heard them off a WA2.post #5465 of 105039/14/13 at 7:00ampost #5466 of 105039/14/13 at 8:10ampost #5467 of 105039/14/13 at 2:30pmpost #5468 of 105039/14/13 at 3:04pmpost #5469 of 105039/14/13 at 3:39pmQuote:
For the price, it better suit every freaking genre perfectly.post #5470 of 105039/14/13 at 5:07pmpost #5471 of 105039/15/13 at 2:54amQuote:
Jazz it s a pretty big (almost meaningless) umbrella. I think Ella & Louis sound fantastic on the T1. Ditto Allen Toussaint. For Jobim I prefer the HD800, and even more-so the W3k. For Christian McBride Denons will have you dancin' in your chair.
I don't listen to modern jazz at all.
Overall the T1s are the best all rounders for my tastes, jazz included.post #5472 of 105039/15/13 at 3:04am
but its a little too neutral for me.. however, its not bad, just that the T1 is a bright headphone and really needs a tube amp to tame the treble and still add some extra warmth to the sound.
what is good however, is that the sound has decent bass (not as much as WA2 though, that 1400 ohm impedance really needs an OTL amp i think to get the most of the bass out).
and the sound also isn't thin, the mids are nice and full which surprised me.
also the sound quality overall is similar to WA2. i guess the WA2 is just such a good amp or the T1 just doesn't scale as high. seems like its already at its best with the WA2. besides that the GSX is definitely a great amp that brings out of the T1, but i prefer the WA2 here.
im going to try out WA22 with T1, but if i don't like it, the WA2 will be here to stay for HD 800 and T1. i will switch between it with the HD 800, i think i might have a slight preference for the HD 800 on the GSX cause it is so much better at everything except warmth and bass quantity.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 9/15/13 at 3:07ampost #5473 of 105039/15/13 at 3:13ampost #5474 of 105039/15/13 at 3:18ampost #5475 of 105039/15/13 at 3:20am
its pretty good but i think i like the extra body of the WA2, its slight but enough to make a difference. not sure though.
i am hearing more resolution out of the T1 with the GSX MK2, so we'll see. its slight but there.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New iRiver AK70 8 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 28 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 48 seconds ago
- › In between Fidelio X2's and Fostex x00's... Help! 2 minutes ago
- › Connect speakers to my amp/dac 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear