T1 was made for Rock
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 365post #5461 of 104789/13/13 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5462 of 104789/13/13 at 8:30pm
replaced my Rs1i, 325is, and destroyed the PS1000. i might still get a grado, but the T1 is definitely one of my go-to rock headphones.post #5463 of 104789/14/13 at 5:12am
I definitely have yet to come across anything that the T1s don't do well. Combine that with the fact that I find them incredibly comfortable and it make for one heck of a satisfying purchase. I've had mind for a year and a half and plan to have them around for a very long time.post #5464 of 104789/14/13 at 5:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Focker
I definitely have yet to come across anything that the T1s don't do well. Combine that with the fact that I find them incredibly comfortable and it make for one heck of a satisfying purchase. I've had mind for a year and a half and plan to have them around for a very long time.
and u still haven't heard them off a WA2.post #5465 of 104789/14/13 at 7:00ampost #5466 of 104789/14/13 at 8:10ampost #5467 of 104789/14/13 at 2:30pmpost #5468 of 104789/14/13 at 3:04pmpost #5469 of 104789/14/13 at 3:39pmQuote:
For the price, it better suit every freaking genre perfectly.post #5470 of 104789/14/13 at 5:07pmpost #5471 of 104789/15/13 at 2:54amQuote:
Jazz it s a pretty big (almost meaningless) umbrella. I think Ella & Louis sound fantastic on the T1. Ditto Allen Toussaint. For Jobim I prefer the HD800, and even more-so the W3k. For Christian McBride Denons will have you dancin' in your chair.
I don't listen to modern jazz at all.
Overall the T1s are the best all rounders for my tastes, jazz included.post #5472 of 104789/15/13 at 3:04am
but its a little too neutral for me.. however, its not bad, just that the T1 is a bright headphone and really needs a tube amp to tame the treble and still add some extra warmth to the sound.
what is good however, is that the sound has decent bass (not as much as WA2 though, that 1400 ohm impedance really needs an OTL amp i think to get the most of the bass out).
and the sound also isn't thin, the mids are nice and full which surprised me.
also the sound quality overall is similar to WA2. i guess the WA2 is just such a good amp or the T1 just doesn't scale as high. seems like its already at its best with the WA2. besides that the GSX is definitely a great amp that brings out of the T1, but i prefer the WA2 here.
im going to try out WA22 with T1, but if i don't like it, the WA2 will be here to stay for HD 800 and T1. i will switch between it with the HD 800, i think i might have a slight preference for the HD 800 on the GSX cause it is so much better at everything except warmth and bass quantity.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 9/15/13 at 3:07ampost #5473 of 104789/15/13 at 3:13ampost #5474 of 104789/15/13 at 3:18ampost #5475 of 104789/15/13 at 3:20am
its pretty good but i think i like the extra body of the WA2, its slight but enough to make a difference. not sure though.
i am hearing more resolution out of the T1 with the GSX MK2, so we'll see. its slight but there.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › I am new here pls help!! 1 minute ago
- › SE846 vs Audeze Sine 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-RX900 modifications, a picture tutorial. (56k, forget about... 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear