You can get "open box" new with full warranty typically for $925-$950 USD on ebay pretty much all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 364post #5446 of 80779/11/13 at 4:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5447 of 80779/11/13 at 10:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hmorneau
It's not possible to get the driver and replace it yourself?
I'm very happy with my T1 so far. At first I was liking a bit more my old DT-880, but now my T1 get all my listening time. Mine are number 7012, so I'm not sure when they was manufactured, but I guess it's a few years ago.
But I'm starting to think, now what? What's the next upgrade I should do? Balanced cable? I'm not sure I can connect them if they are balanced on my auditor.
Balanced is useless with Auditor , as auditor is single ended . If you want balanced you need another amp . Peraphs next thing is to buy another amp like an OTL one to add some complementary with Auditor , or another headphone .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/11/13 at 10:12pmpost #5448 of 80779/12/13 at 11:55am
Ok, all jokes aside (heh! got me too) I wonder how many folks here realize that unlike speakers, having headphones with an extremely flat frequency response is actually undesirable in most situations? Setting the frequency response on headphones is probably as much an art as it is a science. There is a short blurb in the FAQ area of the Beyerdynamic website that discusses this.
Under the Headphone & Headset FAQs tab, look at the "What is diffuse-field equalisation?" bullet.
For anyone that's looked at a frequency response curve for a headphone and wondered why it seems to look so "bad", this short piece is a must readpost #5449 of 80779/12/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
What is an OTL? I guess I will keep my auditor, it sound very nice with my setup and it's simply too powerful to replace it :).post #5450 of 80779/12/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .post #5451 of 80779/12/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by HaVoC-28
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .
which is why i am getting the HD800 - T1/HD800/WA2post #5452 of 80779/12/13 at 7:34pmpost #5453 of 80779/12/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
At your level there's no more "big improvements" only marginal , it's more about flavors than anything else .
But this "flavors" can be perceived as a "great upgrade" . Depending on users tastes etc
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/12/13 at 7:41pmpost #5454 of 80779/12/13 at 10:05pm
Yeah, you might notice improvements by changing sound signature due to you taste in sound and genres. To me the only true big improvements are something like Stax rigs and some out of production models like Sony R10. Many improvements are in inches for big cost over the already very high level my phones have attained. Most of my recent acquisitions are for the sound signature of the phones rather than upgrading purposes. I really would rather a few good different flagships then going up to 3-4000$ for a top stax rig.post #5455 of 80779/12/13 at 11:21pm
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocalspost #5456 of 80779/13/13 at 8:27ampost #5457 of 80779/13/13 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by vlach
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocals
Jazz and vocals are what i listen to mostly, have you heard the new Gregory Porter album? The perfect mix of jazz and vocals. Sounds great on the T1 could be even better on HD800post #5458 of 80779/13/13 at 9:35am
Absolutely. For my tastes, the W3000ANV fills a very specific spot in my music listening, mostly acoustic guitar type (Johannes Lindstead, Robert Michaels, Strunz & Farah, etc), otherwise for jazz & vocals the HD800 is king!
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 10:36ampost #5459 of 80779/13/13 at 9:36amQuote:
Appreciate the recommendation. I will be sure to check it out, thank you.
For me it doesn't get much better than Scott Hamilton & Russ Sportiello "Midnight at Nola's Penthouse", the whole album back to back.
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 9:45ampost #5460 of 80779/13/13 at 9:41amQuote:
For mine too ... jazz and vocals.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 seconds ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4E XB vs Senn IE8 39 seconds ago
- › Need help with 2nd Generation iPod Classic. 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade for ad700 2 minutes ago
- › Good Iem for $100-$200 range 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz PM6004 vs PM6005 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)