You can get "open box" new with full warranty typically for $925-$950 USD on ebay pretty much all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 364post #5446 of 105039/11/13 at 4:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5447 of 105039/11/13 at 10:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hmorneau
It's not possible to get the driver and replace it yourself?
I'm very happy with my T1 so far. At first I was liking a bit more my old DT-880, but now my T1 get all my listening time. Mine are number 7012, so I'm not sure when they was manufactured, but I guess it's a few years ago.
But I'm starting to think, now what? What's the next upgrade I should do? Balanced cable? I'm not sure I can connect them if they are balanced on my auditor.
Balanced is useless with Auditor , as auditor is single ended . If you want balanced you need another amp . Peraphs next thing is to buy another amp like an OTL one to add some complementary with Auditor , or another headphone .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/11/13 at 10:12pmpost #5448 of 105039/12/13 at 11:55am
Ok, all jokes aside (heh! got me too) I wonder how many folks here realize that unlike speakers, having headphones with an extremely flat frequency response is actually undesirable in most situations? Setting the frequency response on headphones is probably as much an art as it is a science. There is a short blurb in the FAQ area of the Beyerdynamic website that discusses this.
Under the Headphone & Headset FAQs tab, look at the "What is diffuse-field equalisation?" bullet.
For anyone that's looked at a frequency response curve for a headphone and wondered why it seems to look so "bad", this short piece is a must readpost #5449 of 105039/12/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
What is an OTL? I guess I will keep my auditor, it sound very nice with my setup and it's simply too powerful to replace it :).post #5450 of 105039/12/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .post #5451 of 105039/12/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by HaVoC-28
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .
which is why i am getting the HD800 - T1/HD800/WA2post #5452 of 105039/12/13 at 7:34pmpost #5453 of 105039/12/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
At your level there's no more "big improvements" only marginal , it's more about flavors than anything else .
But this "flavors" can be perceived as a "great upgrade" . Depending on users tastes etc
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/12/13 at 7:41pmpost #5454 of 105039/12/13 at 10:05pm
Yeah, you might notice improvements by changing sound signature due to you taste in sound and genres. To me the only true big improvements are something like Stax rigs and some out of production models like Sony R10. Many improvements are in inches for big cost over the already very high level my phones have attained. Most of my recent acquisitions are for the sound signature of the phones rather than upgrading purposes. I really would rather a few good different flagships then going up to 3-4000$ for a top stax rig.post #5455 of 105039/12/13 at 11:21pm
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocalspost #5456 of 105039/13/13 at 8:27ampost #5457 of 105039/13/13 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by vlach
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocals
Jazz and vocals are what i listen to mostly, have you heard the new Gregory Porter album? The perfect mix of jazz and vocals. Sounds great on the T1 could be even better on HD800post #5458 of 105039/13/13 at 9:35am
Absolutely. For my tastes, the W3000ANV fills a very specific spot in my music listening, mostly acoustic guitar type (Johannes Lindstead, Robert Michaels, Strunz & Farah, etc), otherwise for jazz & vocals the HD800 is king!
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 10:36ampost #5459 of 105039/13/13 at 9:36amQuote:
Appreciate the recommendation. I will be sure to check it out, thank you.
For me it doesn't get much better than Scott Hamilton & Russ Sportiello "Midnight at Nola's Penthouse", the whole album back to back.
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 9:45ampost #5460 of 105039/13/13 at 9:41amQuote:
For mine too ... jazz and vocals.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 49 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tonebooster Morphit - Correct your headphone's frequency response,... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations on desktop headphone/amp setup for 80% low fi... 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Lumin D1 Audiophile Network Player 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio K5 not providing bass and power expected (weak compared to... 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear