You can get "open box" new with full warranty typically for $925-$950 USD on ebay pretty much all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 364post #5446 of 79669/11/13 at 4:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5447 of 79669/11/13 at 10:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hmorneau
It's not possible to get the driver and replace it yourself?
I'm very happy with my T1 so far. At first I was liking a bit more my old DT-880, but now my T1 get all my listening time. Mine are number 7012, so I'm not sure when they was manufactured, but I guess it's a few years ago.
But I'm starting to think, now what? What's the next upgrade I should do? Balanced cable? I'm not sure I can connect them if they are balanced on my auditor.
Balanced is useless with Auditor , as auditor is single ended . If you want balanced you need another amp . Peraphs next thing is to buy another amp like an OTL one to add some complementary with Auditor , or another headphone .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/11/13 at 10:12pmpost #5448 of 79669/12/13 at 11:55am
Ok, all jokes aside (heh! got me too) I wonder how many folks here realize that unlike speakers, having headphones with an extremely flat frequency response is actually undesirable in most situations? Setting the frequency response on headphones is probably as much an art as it is a science. There is a short blurb in the FAQ area of the Beyerdynamic website that discusses this.
Under the Headphone & Headset FAQs tab, look at the "What is diffuse-field equalisation?" bullet.
For anyone that's looked at a frequency response curve for a headphone and wondered why it seems to look so "bad", this short piece is a must readpost #5449 of 79669/12/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
What is an OTL? I guess I will keep my auditor, it sound very nice with my setup and it's simply too powerful to replace it :).post #5450 of 79669/12/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .post #5451 of 79669/12/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by HaVoC-28
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .
which is why i am getting the HD800 - T1/HD800/WA2post #5452 of 79669/12/13 at 7:34pmpost #5453 of 79669/12/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
At your level there's no more "big improvements" only marginal , it's more about flavors than anything else .
But this "flavors" can be perceived as a "great upgrade" . Depending on users tastes etc
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/12/13 at 7:41pmpost #5454 of 79669/12/13 at 10:05pm
Yeah, you might notice improvements by changing sound signature due to you taste in sound and genres. To me the only true big improvements are something like Stax rigs and some out of production models like Sony R10. Many improvements are in inches for big cost over the already very high level my phones have attained. Most of my recent acquisitions are for the sound signature of the phones rather than upgrading purposes. I really would rather a few good different flagships then going up to 3-4000$ for a top stax rig.post #5455 of 79669/12/13 at 11:21pm
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocalspost #5456 of 79669/13/13 at 8:27ampost #5457 of 79669/13/13 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by vlach
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocals
Jazz and vocals are what i listen to mostly, have you heard the new Gregory Porter album? The perfect mix of jazz and vocals. Sounds great on the T1 could be even better on HD800post #5458 of 79669/13/13 at 9:35am
Absolutely. For my tastes, the W3000ANV fills a very specific spot in my music listening, mostly acoustic guitar type (Johannes Lindstead, Robert Michaels, Strunz & Farah, etc), otherwise for jazz & vocals the HD800 is king!
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 10:36ampost #5459 of 79669/13/13 at 9:36amQuote:
Appreciate the recommendation. I will be sure to check it out, thank you.
For me it doesn't get much better than Scott Hamilton & Russ Sportiello "Midnight at Nola's Penthouse", the whole album back to back.
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 9:45ampost #5460 of 79669/13/13 at 9:41amQuote:
For mine too ... jazz and vocals.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HM-901 24 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 26 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 41 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 2 minutes ago
- › What's the Sound I'm Looking For? 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)