or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 350

post #5236 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Quest View Post

 

You'll never power those kind of headphones through an IPOD!

Haven't you ever heard of a headphone amplifier?

I was under the impression that they had a WA2 fed from an iPod

 

Yea, trying to drive any of those phones directly off of an iPod is a losing deal...

post #5237 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Quest View Post

 

You'll never power those kind of headphones through an IPOD!

Haven't you ever heard of a headphone amplifier?

he was using wa2

post #5238 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemanja View Post

I was under the impression that they had a WA2 fed from an iPod

 

Yea, trying to drive any of those phones directly off of an iPod is a losing deal...

It was off a WA2,via a special connection which disables the Ipod volume control...

I know that the internal DAC of the Ipod isnt good,but wouldnt that maifest in the sound quality(detail,bass response etc...) as opposed to totally lackluster volume,which SHOULD have been influenced by the WA2?!?

My rationale is if im going to demo a amp/phone I want to use it with music Im familiar with and would be hearing on a daily basis,as opposed to hearing the combo while listening to Beethoven,which is something I would never do,and am not familiar with how it is supposed to sound.


Edited by monsterzero - 8/26/13 at 9:35am
post #5239 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

It was off a WA2,via a special connection which disables the Ipod volume control...

I know that the internal DAC of the Ipod isnt good,but wouldnt that maifest in the sound quality(detail,bass response etc...) as opposed to totally lackluster volume,which SHOULD have been influenced by the WA2?!?

My rationale is if im going to demo a amp/phone I want to use it with music Im familiar with and would be hearing on a daily basis,as opposed to hearing the combo while listening to Beethoven,which is something I would never do,and am not familiar with how it is supposed to sound.

 

You bring your CDs , and they have a CD player to plug into WA2 .

post #5240 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post

 

You bring your CDs , and they have a CD player to plug into WA2 .

I sold my entire vinyl and CD collection when I moved overseas,and as a former DJ,the collection was massive.
My entire music collection is now digital,mostly lossless,Apple lossless and 320 mp3

post #5241 of 10477

popcorn.gif

post #5242 of 10477

I've always taken my iPod with me to audition gear. I just bust out the LOD-to-RCA cable and I'm good to go. I agree that it's best to audition with recordings you're familiar with. 

post #5243 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

It was off a WA2,via a special connection which disables the Ipod volume control...

I know that the internal DAC of the Ipod isnt good,but wouldnt that maifest in the sound quality(detail,bass response etc...) as opposed to totally lackluster volume,which SHOULD have been influenced by the WA2?!?

My rationale is if im going to demo a amp/phone I want to use it with music Im familiar with and would be hearing on a daily basis,as opposed to hearing the combo while listening to Beethoven,which is something I would never do,and am not familiar with how it is supposed to sound.

Yes, you are quite correct that the volume level is a different issue. Sounds like they were using one of those RCA cords that connects to the docking port on the iPod which *IS* supposed to give line level outputs. However, I'm not sure what the specs are on the two.

 

It does seem that either the WA2 had something wrong with it, or the iPod/cable assembly wasn't driving the WA2 at the proper level for some reason.

post #5244 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemanja View Post

Yes, you are quite correct that the volume level is a different issue. Sounds like they were using one of those RCA cords that connects to the docking port on the iPod which *IS* supposed to give line level outputs. However, I'm not sure what the specs are on the two.

 

It does seem that either the WA2 had something wrong with it, or the iPod/cable assembly wasn't driving the WA2 at the proper level for some reason.

Thats interesting because at Jet Live Audio I demo'd the T1 w/ a SS amp via the same connector cable and the same Ipod (dont recall the name or model of the amp) and the detail was flawless and the volume was more than adequate,in fact that demo was what got me infatuated w/ the T1 in the first place,and after reading so many glowing reports of the T1/WA2 combo here I was really looking forward to hearing that combination,so yeah it was a huge letdown

post #5245 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

Thats interesting because at Jet Live Audio I demo'd the T1 w/ a SS amp via the same connector cable and the same Ipod (dont recall the name or model of the amp) and the detail was flawless and the volume was more than adequate,in fact that demo was what got me infatuated w/ the T1 in the first place,and after reading so many glowing reports of the T1/WA2 combo here I was really looking forward to hearing that combination,so yeah it was a huge letdown

regardless of whether you like it or not volume should not be an issue. It has never come up on this thread as a problem and also on the woo thread i have never heard of it, which leads me to thinking that something was not right along the chain. Unfortunatley now your opinion is tainted and i find that this can be hard to reverse, speaking from past experience. 

post #5246 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

regardless of whether you like it or not volume should not be an issue. It has never come up on this thread as a problem and also on the woo thread i have never heard of it, which leads me to thinking that something was not right along the chain. Unfortunatley now your opinion is tainted and i find that this can be hard to reverse, speaking from past experience. 

+1

 

there shouldn't be any problem with the WA2, it gets loud as hell on HD 800, T1, HD 650, and HD 600, regardless of input, unless he had the ipod setup wrong or not at line volume, this is regardless of tubes pretty much.

post #5247 of 10477

On a more postive note, I received my T1's today, they are more than I expected. 

Looking forward to the quiet evening to listen in peace. Thanks to all who participate

on this forum and helped with my decision. 

post #5248 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadell View Post

On a more postive note, I received my T1's today, they are more than I expected. 

Looking forward to the quiet evening to listen in peace. Thanks to all who participate

on this forum and helped with my decision. 

no problem - enjoy

post #5249 of 10477

rnadell, congrats! 

post #5250 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadell View Post

On a more postive note, I received my T1's today, they are more than I expected. 

Looking forward to the quiet evening to listen in peace. Thanks to all who participate

on this forum and helped with my decision. 

 

yes!!

 

beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread