Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 337

post #5041 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhljhl View Post

WA2  is what seems to be a good pairing according to others.  I say stick with tubes I don't know how others can listen to ss for long periods because of transistor hash.

 

 

popcorn.gif

post #5042 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Man that amp is a jaw dropper. I've always wanted to try a 300b amp on my T1's. I definitely agree with your last statement. I think it's one of the quickest headphones i have listened to when properly amped. Gotta love that super tight bass/mid bass.

 

What model is that beauty? What tubes are in it?

 

hahaha yaa its monsta alrite to be using it just as an headphone amp is getting to be stupid! luckily its also a great speaker amp - paired with the right kinda of speakers ofcos. the amp is an Audio Space Galaxy 300. i bought it used so i dont know what the original tube complement are. right now, the amp has

 

4x Shuguang 300B Black Treasures
2x 6SN7 Sylvania Bad Boys
2x VT229 6SL7 (Sylvania as well I think but not sure)

 

i think every T1 owner owes it to themselves to listen paired with a synergistic amp. it literally blew the doors offa me & to think i was about to sell it!

post #5043 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post

Tubes are indeed very pleasant with the T1, and the CSP2+ for a while was my preferred amp for the T1, until recently. The Dynahi, originally gave the T1's a much-welcomed fun factor and just really grabbed the headphones by the scruff. It wasn't, however, enough to displace the CSP2+ until I added a BPT 3.5 Sig Plus power conditioner. The Dynahi responded to the filtration to a notably greater extent than the other components, which I attribute to the DIY design and merely passable psu. The combination now is something to behold and leapfrogs the CSP2+ by a margin, an amp I've always liked.

I have a fully balanced Beta 22 on route, which should make for an interesting comparison. Maybe Preproman can mention his experiences with the 4 channel Beta and the T1. From what I remember my 3 Channel Beta did not synergize as well as the CSP2+. Anyway, it'll be on the market soon enough.

 

Sure thing.  I really love that combo.  I'm sure it not as good as the D-hi (Dynahi) but a 4 channel B22 + T1 is very seductive.  

 

You have a 4 channel B22 on the way.  I have a Dynahi on the way.  Good times ahead..biggrin.gif

post #5044 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiebabie View Post

 

hahaha yaa its monsta alrite to be using it just as an headphone amp is getting to be stupid! luckily its also a great speaker amp - paired with the right kinda of speakers ofcos. the amp is an Audio Space Galaxy 300. i bought it used so i dont know what the original tube complement are. right now, the amp has

 

4x Shuguang 300B Black Treasures
2x 6SN7 Sylvania Bad Boys
2x VT229 6SL7 (Sylvania as well I think but not sure)

 

i think every T1 owner owes it to themselves to listen paired with a synergistic amp. it literally blew the doors offa me & to think i was about to sell it!

Very nice! I agree, with certain amps the T1 is simply stunning. It's amazing the chameleon-like property the T1 has.

post #5045 of 8076
Definitely some fun times ahead for us, but particularly for you with all the incomings you have. Both Ciunas and Hydra X? Will you be keeping both or conducting fatal shootouts? The Hydra definitely checks a lot of boxes. If you can get your hands on an Offramp I'd be glad to lend you the audiophilleo for what would surely be an awesome and informative comparison. I'm hoping my next dac will bypass the need for a converter...fingers crossed the Vega lives up to all the hype.
post #5046 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post

Definitely some fun times ahead for us, but particularly for you with all the incomings you have. Both Ciunas and Hydra X? Will you be keeping both or conducting fatal shootouts? The Hydra definitely checks a lot of boxes. If you can get your hands on an Offramp I'd be glad to lend you the audiophilleo for what would surely be an awesome and informative comparison. I'm hoping my next dac will bypass the need for a converter...fingers crossed the Vega lives up to all the hype.

I've been very interested in the Hydra X, but it appears there isn't a voltage option for the USA? Is there an option?

post #5047 of 8076

sitting on the lazyboy watching tv (muted with caption on), lappy on the ... lap & switching btwn the T1 & HD800, i gotta say life is good! both cans sounds soo good i swear i cant pick a winner btwn the 2. if i had to, i'd say the T1 is more airy & extended up top while the Senns have slightly more weight to its bite.

 

for sure, driven by the Audio Space 300, the T1's is at the very least as good as the Senns & better in speed & highs. 

post #5048 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiebabie View Post

sitting on the lazyboy watching tv (muted with caption on), lappy on the ... lap & switching btwn the T1 & HD800, i gotta say life is good! both cans sounds soo good i swear i cant pick a winner btwn the 2. if i had to, i'd say the T1 is more airy & extended up top while the Senns have slightly more weight to its bite.

 

for sure, driven by the Audio Space 300, the T1's is at the very least as good as the Senns & better in speed & highs. 

 

 

I'd say the winner in this case would be....you! haha

post #5049 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

 

I'd say the winner in this case would be....you! haha

That amp is a tasty morsel indeed L3000.gif

post #5050 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

I've been very interested in the Hydra X, but it appears there isn't a voltage option for the USA? Is there an option?

 

Oh yeah brunk.  It uses an external PSU.  It has the US option.

post #5051 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post

Definitely some fun times ahead for us, but particularly for you with all the incomings you have. Both Ciunas and Hydra X? Will you be keeping both or conducting fatal shootouts? The Hydra definitely checks a lot of boxes. If you can get your hands on an Offramp I'd be glad to lend you the audiophilleo for what would surely be an awesome and informative comparison. I'm hoping my next dac will bypass the need for a converter...fingers crossed the Vega lives up to all the hype.

 

The Vega is really getting a lot of talk around town.  

 

The reason I jumped on the Hydra-X is because my C.A.P.S. is Win 8.  My current converter (SOtM dx-USB HD) only has drivers for Win 7.  The Hydra-X has Win 8 drivers.  This may be a stop over until the Off Ramp 6 drops in like 6 months.

 

The Ciunas is for my bed room rig and will pair up with the Emotiva a-100 / Mad Dogs.  It's between the Ciunas and the Concero Project86 is letting me use.


Edited by preproman - 8/8/13 at 12:07am
post #5052 of 8076
That is hell of an amp scottiebabie!!
Very convincing!

I wonder how much heat generated with 4 300B tubes and others.
How many watts it consumed?
post #5053 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiebabie View Post

hey guys, forget about HD700 vs T1 or even HD800 vs T1. meet THE STAX KILLA.....................

 

 

to be completely honest, i got this Audio Space 300b amp to drive the Senn HD800 (as i felt the Senns was as good as the T1 in some & way better in others) & perhaps a pair of old school Klipsch Labelles later (if the wifey ever lets me put those monsters in the living room). while its very good with the HD800, its incredible with the T1s. we all know the how the T1 can slam the low end, good soundstage, details & airy extended highs though it always seems to play 2nd fiddle to the Senns. and then theres the vaunted penchant for sibilance which can drive me a little batty. so much so i was planning to sell the T1 in favor of the Senns.

 

well folks, the T1 doesnt play 2nd base no more. in this guise, with the Audio Space 300b providing the juice, the T1s the designated hitter! bass is tighter with better texture. mids are wonderfully intimate, details are so abundant my brain's working overtime to process it all & the highs...the highs! its so extended it reaches the heaven with just as much air & space equalling the HD800s in soundstage width & all! and most importantly, no harshness no sibilance even on less than stellar pop recordings! 

 

the highs are so quick so extended its electric. seems like a hybrid electrostatic like highs with dynamic bass. hmmm how do i explain to the wifey i have to keep both the Senns & the T1s??

 

As this is an integrated amp, the 300B (2 on each channel) is used in conjunction with the output transformer on a push-pull stage to drive the speaker and I am not sure if the headphone circuitry uses it at all....

post #5054 of 8076

I like my Beyer T1s with a Musical Fidelity M1HPA. Yes it is solid state. popcorn.gif

post #5055 of 8076
Anyone has thought over T1 and TH-900?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread