i love my WA2/T1 combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 328post #4906 of 104257/25/13 at 6:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4907 of 104257/25/13 at 6:19pm
The WA2 is all tube right? I'm not into that sound much personally. The EF1 hybrid is almost too-tubish for me, even with the analytic cans (940, 702) that could use some warmth. So when people say they prefer the T1 with some warmer amp like the WA2 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't personally (never know until I tried it though).post #4908 of 104257/25/13 at 7:33pm
I have the T1 and the new Beyer A20 for review so it will be interesting to hear this new amplifier . its burning in now. The retail is 679.00 for the amp.post #4909 of 104257/25/13 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pratt
The WA2 is all tube right? I'm not into that sound much personally. The EF1 hybrid is almost too-tubish for me, even with the analytic cans (940, 702) that could use some warmth. So when people say they prefer the T1 with some warmer amp like the WA2 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't personally (never know until I tried it though).
If you are not into tubes, get yourself a Meier Corda Classic for the ultimate synergy with T1s.post #4910 of 104257/25/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
Just buy a T1 plug it in your amp/receiver and enjoy
( if you ever feel the need to upgrade amp section , just ask here and you will have many advices )
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 7/25/13 at 10:40pmpost #4911 of 104257/25/13 at 11:34pmQuote:
Yea, I've heard that. Don't know what those go for new/used but it might be an option. However, looking around a bit it seems either of the two amps I have would do well with the T1's.Quote:
I'm sure I could. I might not be getting the ultimate sound out of it, but I believe that speakers/headphones make up most of the sound (and of course room sonics/placement with speakers) so the money should be spent there.post #4912 of 104257/26/13 at 4:47amQuote:I'm sure I could. I might not be getting the ultimate sound out of it, but I believe that speakers/headphones make up most of the sound (and of course room sonics/placement with speakers) so the money should be spent there.
Yeah i agree headphones/speackers do most of the thing , it's not like you are without amp . With an m-stage and EF-1 will bring most of what T1 as to offer , some amps can improve the thing a bit , but it's more user getting somthing that suit their tastes than real improvements .post #4913 of 104257/26/13 at 7:23amQuote:
meier-audio.de, check the details there.post #4914 of 104257/26/13 at 7:47amQuote:
Any chance you can give some impressions of what makes the synergy so compelling? I enjoy the T1 through the Violectric V200 but these sorts of comment always make me wonder what I may be missing out on...post #4915 of 104257/26/13 at 7:57am
anyone know of a good solid state setup for T1 with a big fat bottom end? other than the meir gear. I had something like the Dark star in mind has anyone tried it with T1?post #4916 of 104257/26/13 at 8:17ampost #4917 of 104257/26/13 at 8:23ammagiccabbage before u try an SS, check out reflector 6n23p-ev tubes, they make t1 quite bassy, though slightly less resolving than the 7308
they cheap enough it wont hurt to try them.post #4918 of 104257/26/13 at 8:44amQuote:post #4919 of 104257/26/13 at 8:52amQuote:
they power tubes? I wonder are they on ebay?
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Elecom products- are they any good? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...