Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 322

post #4816 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx79ez08 View Post

Does anyone know roughly what is the serial number of a new T1 on the market at the moment?

Also how old is a set with the serial number of roughly 2000?

Thank you.

The ones I got from Beyerdynamic around last May are serial 131XX.
post #4817 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiont View Post


The ones I got from Beyerdynamic around last May are serial 131XX.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billerb1 View Post

Got my T1 about a month ago and it was an open box.  Don't know if that means it's a little more dated than what you would buy off the shelf today.  But for reference sake mine is 13181...or something close to that.  It's definitely in the 13's.


Thank you for the info everyone.  That is very useful.

post #4818 of 8076

Has anyone of you replace the earpads on T1.

I am think of replacing my earpads., but not sure which is good.

 I am referring to 3rd party earpads

 the stock earpads doesn't seem to seal on to the body properly..

I have to wriggle my head every now and then

Pads seem to be too thin..

 

anyone???

post #4819 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealer View Post

Has anyone of you replace the earpads on T1.

I am think of replacing my earpads., but not sure which is good.

 I am referring to 3rd party earpads

 the stock earpads doesn't seem to seal on to the body properly..

I have to wriggle my head every now and then

Pads seem to be too thin..

 

anyone???

 i had the same problem the pads do expand after some wear but i would like extra big ones for ultimate comfort!

post #4820 of 8076

So it looks like Moon Audio is an option for re-cabling without voiding the T1's warranty.  Out of curiosity, who else has re-cabled with a Moon Audio cable?  What are your impressions?  Who has re-cabled with other cables options and how would you describe the before and after differences.  I've communicated with Jonathan from this thread...huge fan of the Aphrodite Cu29 Zeus Cable.

I've read that T1's stock cable is a very, very good one as stock cables go.  Therefore, I'd assume that the changes with a cable upgrade would be somewhat subtle and certainly very system dependent.  Has anyone invested in a cable upgrade and ended up feeling like it wasn't worth the expense?  Will be interesting to hear from those of you who've done it.


Edited by billerb1 - 7/12/13 at 9:18am
post #4821 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by billerb1 View Post

I've read that T1's stock cable is a very, very good one as stock cables go.

I would upgrade it for ergonomic alone, same for HD800, can't comment on sonic improvement, never heard it with other phones and aftermarket cables.

post #4822 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

I would upgrade it for ergonomic alone, same for HD800, can't comment on sonic improvement, never heard it with other phones and aftermarket cables.

 

What exactly do you mean by "ergonomic"? Are you referring to weight and length? Just curious.

post #4823 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

I would upgrade it for ergonomic alone, same for HD800, can't comment on sonic improvement,

 

This is my approach to aftermarket cables as well.

post #4824 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemanja View Post

 

What exactly do you mean by "ergonomic"? Are you referring to weight and length? Just curious.


Weight, length, ease of handling, and esthetic. T1 cable is ridiculously stiff and not the prettiest around.

post #4825 of 8076
its not stiff and i wouldnt really consider it heavy
post #4826 of 8076

just got my T1 back! they replaced the entire headband, my old one was the 5k series, this one is from the 11k series beyers. seems like its a little wider, the leather is softer,and the sliding mechanism is nice and solid, it doesn't move all over the place like the old one, it actually clicks into place like its supposed to!

 

peter and the entire beyer service team are awesome!!

post #4827 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

its not stiff and i wouldnt really consider it heavy

 

+1 Even the T1 extension cable that Drew fashioned for me isn't stiff or heavy. And are you guys serious about wanting to replace the stock earpads? Wtf lol
post #4828 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

just got my T1 back! they replaced the entire headband, my old one was the 5k series, this one is from the 11k series beyers. seems like its a little wider, the leather is softer,and the sliding mechanism is nice and solid, it doesn't move all over the place like the old one, it actually clicks into place like its supposed to!

 

peter and the entire beyer service team are awesome!!

 

Wow, and I thought they were fast getting my T1's cable replaced...that's awesome, DG! Actually, it's kind of funny, but Jan Meier just helped me to figure out that my T1s are L/R reversed. I had them re-cabled several months ago when Beyer was amazing enough to do the stock replacement under warranty, even though it was my pup who ate through the cable. I'll have to have them take off the plug and re-solder it back on the other way now. I wonder if they'd replace the headband so the sliders aren't as loose? Mine have gotten so much use that they usually don't stay in position when I take them off anymore. BeyerUSA service and Peter C rock.
post #4829 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

just got my T1 back! they replaced the entire headband, my old one was the 5k series, this one is from the 11k series beyers. seems like its a little wider, the leather is softer,and the sliding mechanism is nice and solid, it doesn't move all over the place like the old one, it actually clicks into place like its supposed to!

 

peter and the entire beyer service team are awesome!!

That's great news! 

 

Was this done all under the warranty free of charge?

post #4830 of 8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

its not stiff and i wouldnt really consider it heavy


It's all relative, I for instance never owned a phone with stiffer and heavier stock cable. D2K and D5K cable was tangly but not as heavy.

Congrats on getting phones back and have adjustment mechanism fixed as well, mine does not stay in place at all. frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread