Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 320

post #4786 of 8377
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

what mid level amp and what high end amp? 

I have a Bellari HA540 with a vintage Telefunken tube=mid

 

Higher end tube amps WA6 or above.

post #4787 of 8377
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

I have a Bellari HA540 with a vintage Telefunken tube=mid

 

Higher end tube amps WA6 or above.

i have the WA2 - i am listening to it right now with T1's. it is amazing. i want a WA5 but my wallet doesn't. 

post #4788 of 8377
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

i have the WA2 - i am listening to it right now with T1's. it is amazing. i want a WA5 but my wallet doesn't. 

 

+1

 

i been considering upgrading WA22 or WA5, but i'm not sure they'd be an upgrade, and WA5 would require double rectifiers, which would be a pain since i'd have to sell all of mine and rebuy new pairs.

 

also WA2 / T1 is endgame quality to me. i rather buy separate amps for my other headphones. (looking at a zana for when i buy my th-900)


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/6/13 at 8:38pm
post #4789 of 8377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

+1

 

i been considering upgrading WA22 or WA5, but i'm not sure they'd be an upgrade, and WA5 would require double rectifiers, which would be a pain since i'd have to sell all of mine and rebuy new pairs.

 

also WA2 / T1 is endgame quality to me. i rather buy separate amps for my other headphones. (looking at a zana for when i buy my th-900)

there is a lot to think about but i have my eye on that WA5. maybe i should look into a custom amp. a glen or something. Is it even possible to get 1 amp for all dynamic and ortho cans? who knows>? all i know for sure is there will be a serious upgrade in the next 2 years for me! 

post #4790 of 8377

I speak for SS ampsbiggrin.gif

 

GS-X mk2

4 channel B22 - my choice.

EF-6

 

I'm sure they'er others.

post #4791 of 8377

I think I know the answer but does re-cabling void the T1's warranty?


Edited by billerb1 - 7/10/13 at 1:28am
post #4792 of 8377
After enjoying my wa2+T1 for quite a few months, I am starting to find the sound just a little bit too bright. I currently have TS5998+ Amperex 6922 (white label USA)+stock electro harmonic ez80 in my wa2. Do you guys think replacing the stock ez80 to mullard ez80 will be a good idea? I read that mullard ez80 is suppose to be warmer and more laid back. Or should I replace 5998 with 6AS7G? I also have a Sylvannia 6AS7GA that came with my wa2, but haven't tried it since I got my wa2. Thanks.
post #4793 of 8377

mullard EZ80 or RFT EZ80 would definitely help. you're rectifiers are probably the cause of some harshness. you could try some warmer driver tubes like those mullard cv2492 but i'm sure the amperex 6922 white label are fine (i use the amperex 6922 a frame orange globes).

 

you could also try a warmer tube than 5998, like the RCA 6AS7G, but you would lose a bit of resolution. 

 

the 6AS7GA aren't very good. mine came stock with GE 6AS7GA, it was kinda crappy. if anything, those tubes introduce grain and harshness into the sound.

post #4794 of 8377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

mullard EZ80 or RFT EZ80 would definitely help. you're rectifiers are probably the cause of some harshness. you could try some warmer driver tubes like those mullard cv2492 but i'm sure the amperex 6922 white label are fine (i use the amperex 6922 a frame orange globes).

 

you could also try a warmer tube than 5998, like the RCA 6AS7G, but you would lose a bit of resolution. 

 

the 6AS7GA aren't very good. mine came stock with GE 6AS7GA, it was kinda crappy. if anything, those tubes introduce grain and harshness into the sound.

 

Thanks! Dubstep Girl, you're great help!! I'll get a pair of mullard or RFT ez80 and see how it turns out!
post #4795 of 8377

you're welcome! 

 

good luck! 

 

the RFT are easy to find on ebay and generally don't cost more than 25-40$ for a NOS pair. mullard are a little harder to find sometimes.

post #4796 of 8377

also my GEC 6AS7G came in. can't wait to test them out on the T1 later this week! 

post #4797 of 8377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

also my GEC 6AS7G came in. can't wait to test them out on the T1 later this week! 

 



Care to divulge your source?

post #4798 of 8377

Actually I found Balanced T1 sounds very good on my Burned in HDVD800 now~~~~~

Any one have cheap cheap tube amps option recons? Never tried any tube amps before, ppl says it is good for T1 and HD800s, so wanna see if there is any good cheap (sub $200) amps I can play with.

 

I am not trying to upgrade my system though, I do not think any sub $200 can beat my HDVD800 or DAC1+RPX-35 system, just to get a taste of the tube sound.

 

Thanks

post #4799 of 8377

I asked the question before but haven't gotten a response.  If anybody knows I'd appreciate your help.  I'm considering upgrading my T1 stock cable with a Aphrodite Cu29 Zeus cable.  I've heard wonderful things about them from Jonathan on this site and others.  I'm assuming though that re-cabling will void my Beyerdynamic warranty (I just got my T1 a couple of weeks ago).  Can anyone who's had dealing with Beyerdynamic's Service Dept. verify the warranty question or recommend someone at Beyerdynamic to talk to.  Thanks!

post #4800 of 8377

I don't know how it wouldn't void the warranty.  Call their service office 631-864-2450.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread