Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 318

post #4756 of 7979

switching from a HE6 to a T1, must say the T1 has such a refined texture like highthreadcount fabric...and that deep penetrating clarity..

definitely holding its own amongst the toptier.

Listening to some trance now...clean air..dreammmy..floating......just after eva cassidy.....

great..............zzzzz .

post #4757 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

switching from a HE6 to a T1, must say the T1 has such a refined texture like highthreadcount fabric...and that deep penetrating clarity..

definitely holding its own amongst the toptier.

Listening to some trance now...clean air..dreammmy..floating......just after eva cassidy.....

great..............zzzzz .

beyersmile.png sweet dreams

post #4758 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

switching from a HE6 to a T1, must say the T1 has such a refined texture like highthreadcount fabric...and that deep penetrating clarity..

definitely holding its own amongst the toptier.

Listening to some trance now...clean air..dreammmy..floating......just after eva cassidy.....

great..............zzzzz .

 

I have all of Eva's albums...so sad that she passed so early, but I'm thankful that there was enough material for us to enjoy. What an amazing voice, and the T1s allow it to resonate in all its beauty. I could listen to her all day. 

post #4759 of 7979

she's gone home...ooooooh...must be jazzing up heaven now.

 i shall look up more of her cds.

 

this album is so passionately great.... nothing dusty.

 

post #4760 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

switching from a HE6 to a T1, must say the T1 has such a refined texture like highthreadcount fabric...and that deep penetrating clarity..

definitely holding its own amongst the toptier.

Listening to some trance now...clean air..dreammmy..floating......just after eva cassidy.....

great..............zzzzz .

 

yes!!!

post #4761 of 7979

75 hours on the T1's now. the halfway point. smile.gif

post #4762 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

I have all of Eva's albums...so sad that she passed so early, but I'm thankful that there was enough material for us to enjoy. What an amazing voice, and the T1s allow it to resonate in all its beauty. I could listen to her all day. 

 

 

My favorite biggrin.gif

 

 

post #4763 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

And here is why they broke, very simple. I do not think any metal-made headphones are made to be bent.

Any metal that is bent will weaken with every bend over its designed limits until it snaps. Naturally, different metals will take it differently, hard metals will bend only a very small amount until they just snap, others like spring metal can be bent like crazy and will always spring back. Others, like copper, just deform and stay in that shape and have no springy properties at all.

What happened here is clearly a one-off. Either the heat treatment went wrong and the metal wasn't anneald enough, or there is just a weak link in the metal itself. This can always happen. Unless each piece is x-rayed, there is no way to know. And I doubt this is an option at this price point and in headphones. Its not a life critical structural elemnt.

The design itself, with the cutouts where they are (T1 logo), is a weak point too, as has been stated.

I really think Beyer will honor the warranty in a break like this.
Edited by ev13wt - 7/4/13 at 8:21am
post #4764 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

I have all of Eva's albums...so sad that she passed so early, but I'm thankful that there was enough material for us to enjoy. What an amazing voice, and the T1s allow it to resonate in all its beauty. I could listen to her all day. 

 

 

My favorite biggrin.gif

 

 

Dancing Cheek to Cheek is killer.

post #4765 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post

Any metal that is bent will weaken with every bend over its designed limits until it snaps. Naturally, different metals will take it differently, hard metals will bend only a very small amount until they just snap, others like spring metal can be bent like crazy and will always spring back. Others, like copper, just deform and stay in that shape and have no springy properties at all.

What happened here is clearly a one-off. Either the heat treatment went wrong and the metal wasn't anneald enough, or there is just a weak link in the metal itself. This can always happen. Unless each piece is x-rayed, there is no way to know. And I doubt this is an option at this price point and in headphones. Its not a life critical structural elemnt.

The design itself, with the cutouts where they are (T1 logo), is a weak point too, as has been stated.

I really think Beyer will honor the warranty in a break like this.

I would not attribute the failure to the unit's weakness only. The user should not have tried bending them back and forth as I see no reason to do that.

I have no clue why you guys are looking for the fault in the phones, when it was clearly the user who f'ed up
Edited by Szadzik - 7/4/13 at 1:03pm
post #4766 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

 

And here is why they broke, very simple. I do not think any metal-made headphones are made to be bent.

 

This is very true. But so is the converse--metal made headphones should be made to NOT accidentally bend under normal daily use and occasional minor accidents (such as knocking them off the table onto the floor, etc.) REQUIRING the owner to have to straighten them out again. Unfortunately, the significant amount of metal that was removed for the T1 logo cosmetic/marketing purposes may very well be significantly detrimental to the assumption that these expensive headphones should be reasonably durable.

 

The metal cross section of the temple was cut down from 12mm to 5mm by cutting out the T1 logo (i.e., probably more than 60% of the strength was removed). How many full size headphones do you see out there with 5x1.5mm aluminum alloy temples? If you want to get it to that size, you'll probably need steel (or titanium).

 

No, the T1 cutout appears to be just bad engineering (or engineering being forced to adhere to marketing mandates). It would have been nice if it had just been etched or colored somehow (sorta like the beyerdynamic logo on the screens). The warning here is that if you love these phones (and there is a LOT to love), you're gonna have to just baby them some because they are not as durable as the cheaper models that Beyerdynamic makes using similar form factors.

post #4767 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post


I would not attribute the failure to the unit's weakness only. The user should not have tried bending them back and forth as I see no reason to do that.

I have no clue why you guys are looking for the fault in the phones, when it was clearly the user who f'ed up

I may be mistaking here, but I did not read that the user said they were "bending them back and forth". My take on it was that they said that they had to bend them "back" after they were accidentally dropped (or bent in some accidental fashion during daily use).

 

Are you suggesting that it is completely acceptable that dropping a $1400 pair of headphones on the floor can result in a bent temple?

 

And when it does happen, are you suggesting that you do nothing to straighten them? Just leave them bent while you use them?

 

And yea, If someone is playing around trying to adjust the tightness of the headband by opening the temples and bending them or some-such, they are running risks that could result in damage. But my main point is that the risk of bending the temple through the T1 logo is much, much, much more likely (whether intentionally or accidentally) with that silly cutout there.

 

In my humble opinion, the ability to bend or break the temple on a headphone appears to be far more likely on the T1 than on any other headphones that I've looked at (limited as it may be).


Edited by wisemanja - 7/4/13 at 2:55pm
post #4768 of 7979

yup....dun sit on your headfonies...nor sleep with it. i am dozing off....floatsmile.png

post #4769 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemanja View Post

I may be mistaking here, but I did not read that the user said they were "bending them back and forth". My take on it was that they said that they had to bend them "back" after they were accidentally dropped (or bent in some accidental fashion during daily use).

 

Are you suggesting that it is completely acceptable that dropping a $1400 pair of headphones on the floor can result in a bent temple?

 

And when it does happen, are you suggesting that you do nothing to straighten them? Just leave them bent while you use them?

 

And yea, If someone is playing around trying to adjust the tightness of the headband by opening the temples and bending them or some-such, they are running risks that could result in damage. But my main point is that the risk of bending the temple through the T1 logo is much, much, much more likely (whether intentionally or accidentally) with that silly cutout there.

 

In my humble opinion, the ability to bend or break the temple on a headphone appears to be far more likely on the T1 than on any other headphones that I've looked at (limited as it may be).

 

 

+1

 

yeah they bent after being dropped. and i straightened it back. they where normal and straight when they broke. they just snapped out of nowhere basically as i took them off my head.

 

my dt 770s and dt 990s i owned before seemed a little more durable, though not as solid feeling.

post #4770 of 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

+1

 

yeah they bent after being dropped. and i straightened it back. they where normal and straight when they broke. they just snapped out of nowhere basically as i took them off my head.

 

my dt 770s and dt 990s i owned before seemed a little more durable, though not as solid feeling.

 

Maybe you should have sent them for repair when they got bent. I do not know about your floors and dropping the cans, but mine were dropped several times and nothing ever got bent. If we look at the amount of users in this thread and see only one user with this problem, does it imply a user problem or equipment problem? Are you the only one around who ever dropped them?

 

P.S. you shoulld be happy if Beyer fix them under warranty, as 99% of manufacturers would send them back to you or ask you to pay loads of money for such repair. This is a typical physical breakage that is not covered bythe warranty.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread