Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 304

post #4546 of 7901
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

are you any closer to getting your T1? 

great posts so far by the way especially

the HDVD800 stuff about the optical up-sampling 

that was some good reading.

 

Thanks. I had received my T1 over a month ago but sent it back to have them reterminate them for balanced so I could use them with the HDVD800 that I was waiting for. I just received them both a week ago. Been letting them run during the day so that they could break in. I'm guess that I'm around the 100 hour mark right now.

 

By the way, the T1 I order 1 1/2 months ago and received (initially) about a month ago have a serial number in the 13xxx range.

 

- Jeff

post #4547 of 7901

Just bought a T1 from the US (I'm based in UK) from Razordog. Was quite a good deal, my package is still being processed by customs according to USPS. However it is guaranteed to come by tomorrow! So I'm holding on patiently... Sorry to sound ignorant but what exactly is 'open box display'?

post #4548 of 7901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truesound View Post

Just bought a T1 from the US (I'm based in UK) from Razordog. Was quite a good deal, my package is still being processed by customs according to USPS. However it is guaranteed to come by tomorrow! So I'm holding on patiently... Sorry to sound ignorant but what exactly is 'open box display'?

Open box just means that it was either on display in the store, or opened to show a customer.

 

My experience with the Razordog is the items were basically brand new.

post #4549 of 7901
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post

Open box just means that it was either on display in the store, or opened to show a customer.

 

My experience with the Razordog is the items were basically brand new.

 

Ok, cheers for that. I'll post up some pics and impressions, I'm looking forward to receiving them. I'll see how they stack up against pair TH-900's which I adore.


Edited by Truesound - 6/13/13 at 2:50pm
post #4550 of 7901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truesound View Post

 

Ok, cheers for that. I'll post up some pics and impressions, I'm looking forward to receiving them. I'll see how they stack up against pair TH-900's which I adore.

Razordog is solid you won't be disappointed.

post #4551 of 7901

I understand the wa2 is the most recommended amp for the tesla but sadly my wallet cant afford a dac if I purchase the wa2 (well I have the essence stx dac but I believe that isn't enough by far). Should I keep saving or something like a wa7 would also be a top-tier recommendation?


Edited by Bodymeta - 6/13/13 at 9:00pm
post #4552 of 7901

Hi,

 

I am too a proud owner of this beautiful headphone.

This headphone is mod to balanced mode.

Was wondering which of the type of cable will optimise it peformance?? silver or copper???

 

rgds

post #4553 of 7901
I picked up an old darkvoice336se for 200...getting some glorious sound out of it
Whilst saving for a decware.
Maybe i dun need one..:pp
post #4554 of 7901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodymeta View Post

I understand the wa2 is the most recommended amp for the tesla but sadly my wallet cant afford a dac if I purchase the wa2 (well I have the essence stx dac but I believe that isn't enough by far). Should I keep saving or something like a wa7 would also be a top-tier recommendation?

 

Well just buy the WA2 first and keep the STX as DAC  and save for later if you feel the need to upgrade the DAC part , the "STX DAC that isn't enough by far" argument is debatable . (you could also plug directly your futur T1 on STX it will not sound bad at all ...if you need time to save money and want to have a taste of t1 before spending more money)


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 6/14/13 at 11:10am
post #4555 of 7901

Agreed. 

 

Buy the WA2 first.  Also, do not obsess over replacement tubes initially.  Stop shopping for a bit and enjoy.

post #4556 of 7901

I bought this headphone with the intention of stretching out the headband by leaving the headphone stretched out over a wide box. I've kept it like this for over 100 hours (burning in whilst this is going on) to no avail. It clamps exactly as much as it does before and for me that's too much. 

 

This headband is like a rubber band, except, probably, it doesn't break as easily.

 

Anybodies T1's looser in clamp now than when they got them. How did this happen if it did?

post #4557 of 7901

The clamping force is quite high for big heads like mine, but I only used the headphone for 2 hours so I'll get used to it... Compared to my other headphones... K702, K550, AD900, the clamping force is VERY HIGH.

post #4558 of 7901

I wonder if guys here can help me out as to buying top-notched headphone in ROME ITALY, needless to say T1 is one. I really don't want those targeted for tourist(although I'm actually one visiting in coming Aug), those in the knows only for locals will often charge a lot less, thanks in advance.normal_smile%20.gif

post #4559 of 7901
Quote:
Originally Posted by inasafeplace View Post

The clamping force is quite high for big heads like mine, but I only used the headphone for 2 hours so I'll get used to it... Compared to my other headphones... K702, K550, AD900, the clamping force is VERY HIGH.

 

I just want to know if it'll stretch out. I've currently got it wrapped around a wide box and will leave it in this position untill it stretches out. I'll give it a few weeks maximum!

post #4560 of 7901

Question: Do you guys know if the headband on the T1 is easily removable? I have this headband http://turbulentlabs.com/beyer-onyx/ and would like to try it on them...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread