or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 302

post #4516 of 10477

does anyone know if there are differences in the headband on the t1's depending on when they were made? for example in the following two images the inside of the top of the headband (the part that says beyerdynamic) looks different, in one image it looks leather and in the other it looks like some other cottony type material.

 

 

 

 

is this just the way the photo is taken or is it a different headband. I ask this because i am thinking of getting my t1 second hand and the pics that the seller has posted are ones that look cottony and not leather. 

post #4517 of 10477
Worn leather may look cottonly, most important is sound quality still intact, such big beast with scarce isolation should be kept and used indoor mooooost of the time, so I suggest you shouldn't mind the appearance if the price is a real bargain.
post #4518 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

does anyone know if there are differences in the headband on the t1's depending on when they were made? for example in the following two images the inside of the top of the headband (the part that says beyerdynamic) looks different, in one image it looks leather and in the other it looks like some other cottony type material.

 

is this just the way the photo is taken or is it a different headband. I ask this because i am thinking of getting my t1 second hand and the pics that the seller has posted are ones that look cottony and not leather. 


I have 2 pairs of T1s, they both look like the picture (and both are fairly new -- serial number is > 11000). I would call the strip down the middle suede.

post #4519 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post


I have 2 pairs of T1s, they both look like the picture (and both are fairly new -- serial number is > 11000). I would call the strip down the middle suede.

There are tow different headbands> i believe they wet changed around serial number 4200  or so . The newer ones are the better headband in my opinion.

post #4520 of 10477

My new models have the work "Beyerdynamic" printed directly in the centered in the middle of the headband... I see the 2nd picture has "Beyerdynamic" printed at the edges. So mine are more like your first picture.

post #4521 of 10477

As a on year old owner of the T1, I found this club too late:P

 

I find a lot of ppl think the T1 is bright and needed some tube amp (woo audio) to warm it up.

Well, in my opinion, I think they should sound as what they been design for. If you do not like it, maybe phones like HE500 or LCD2 is better way to go.

Personally, if you take away those sharp highs and horrible sibilance for bad recordings, they do sound very comfortable. But, when you go to high res recordings, some of the detail seems missing through those tube amps. (Maybe because of the roll off of both high end and low end.)

 

I always uses my T1 on Solid State amps and they do perform as what I was expected. On I am paring it on HDVD800 on balance to compare with my HD800 balance. They both good phones, while HD800 is more mid forwarding. All of them reveals the same amount of details, but with a bit more forward mid for HD800, it sound more detailed. Hence, T1 is more like a POP and ROCK phone for me and HD800 will handle the Jazz and Classic.

 

P.S.

I only listen through the WA6-SE with single ended output in a store, so my opinion is only based on that. Not saying tube amp is worse than SS amp, just a personal expression on sound.

post #4522 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post

As a on year old owner of the T1, I found this club too late:P

 

I find a lot of ppl think the T1 is bright and needed some tube amp (woo audio) to warm it up.

Well, in my opinion, I think they should sound as what they been design for. If you do not like it, maybe phones like HE500 or LCD2 is better way to go.

Personally, if you take away those sharp highs and horrible sibilance for bad recordings, they do sound very comfortable. But, when you go to high res recordings, some of the detail seems missing through those tube amps. (Maybe because of the roll off of both high end and low end.)

 

I always uses my T1 on Solid State amps and they do perform as what I was expected. On I am paring it on HDVD800 on balance to compare with my HD800 balance. They both good phones, while HD800 is more mid forwarding. All of them reveals the same amount of details, but with a bit more forward mid for HD800, it sound more detailed. Hence, T1 is more like a POP and ROCK phone for me and HD800 will handle the Jazz and Classic.

 

P.S.

I only listen through the WA6-SE with single ended output in a store, so my opinion is only based on that. Not saying tube amp is worse than SS amp, just a personal expression on sound.

i will have mine next week with the wa2. i will let you know if it is truely a magical experience like others described

post #4523 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

i will have mine next week with the wa2. i will let you know if it is truely a magical experience like others described

Keep me posted.

I am very interested know~~~~~

post #4524 of 10477

the WA6-SE isn't very good with T1 unless you roll tubes. store probably will have regular stocks or just a sophia or something.

 

the WA2 is much better with T1. also, the WA6-SE is not rolled off.

post #4525 of 10477

The T1 arrives tomorrow. I will be excited to do that review especially with the WA5 coming 

post #4526 of 10477

The T1 landed

post #4527 of 10477

i thought u already had t1.

post #4528 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i thought u already had t1.

I used to own it but this one is here for a review they asked me to do. I wont get to it for about 60 days but its fun having it back for the third time. Just here for a review.

post #4529 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I used to own it but this one is here for a review they asked me to do. I wont get to it for about 60 days but its fun having it back for the third time. Just here for a review.

have you got amps in your arsenal now that you had not got the last time you had the t1? apart from the WA5 that's on its way of course.

post #4530 of 10477

did you get rid of it to get another piece of gear?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread