or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 296

post #4426 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

This is off the point but anyway - i see there your name is Fishbone and you are from France land. Isn't it mad the way that band are huge in France and then not anywhere else apart from the states? What a band though!

How are your t1's do you have em yet? 

post #4427 of 10503

I'm 90% certain I'm goign to send Jan some money this week for his amp/DAC stack....I've been loving my Meier Jazz amp, but my T1s deserve better, especially in the DAC department. My little AudioEngine D1 is a great little budget DAC, but it seems I have a thing for Wolfson chips, and apparently Jan is a fan, as well. I think for me, this will be my end game in terms of gear for quite a while. The T1s and my Grados have stood the test of time over the past year to where I'm not really drooling over anything else, and I'd just have to spend too much money to improve on the Meier stack. 

 

But anyway, sorry to ramble....the point is that I may have some new Germans in the house soon and I'll gladly report back with some impressions on how they sound with the T1s. The Jazz/T1 combo is beautiful, so I'm just hoping for a little more of a good thing :)

post #4428 of 10503

Waiting on my T1, should be here soon, I can't wait.  

post #4429 of 10503
Does anyone know where I can get a carry case for the t1?
post #4430 of 10503
post #4431 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

How are your t1's do you have em yet? 

 

I didn't pick that nickname from the band, but ye I know them and they are quite good :). They are big, but I didn't know they were only in the US... They deserve more to be honest.

Ye I've picked up the T1 at the post office yesterday, and I'm glad to have that sound back. I really love how the headphones can separate all the layers of the song and bring them to your face. Very detailed, bass are punchy, and the mids are sweet. The Soloist is a very good match...

Next step, I need to compare them in depth, to the HE-500 and the LCD2 !

post #4432 of 10503
post #4433 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post

 

I didn't pick that nickname from the band, but ye I know them and they are quite good :). They are big, but I didn't know they were only in the US... They deserve more to be honest.

Ye I've picked up the T1 at the post office yesterday, and I'm glad to have that sound back. I really love how the headphones can separate all the layers of the song and bring them to your face. Very detailed, bass are punchy, and the mids are sweet. The Soloist is a very good match...

Next step, I need to compare them in depth, to the HE-500 and the LCD2 !

i should be getting mine in about a month and ill be pairing it with the wa2(tube upgrades). At the moment im using hd650 with the wa2 and its great for jazz but a little bit too dark for everything else. Id like too hear some treble again so im looking forward to the t1's. 

post #4434 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf7 View Post

Thanks. Will this case fit the T1s? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_64010_Beyerdynamic-DT-Leather-Case.html


HiFiMan Travel Case is pretty good. Fits perhaps any phone I own.

post #4435 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

i should be getting mine in about a month and ill be pairing it with the wa2(tube upgrades). At the moment im using hd650 with the wa2 and its great for jazz but a little bit too dark for everything else. Id like too hear some treble again so im looking forward to the t1's. 

Yep, it will be perfect mix. I use the LCD2/HD650 with Jazz or Folk music, and they are awesome.

The T1 complement them nicely. That's why I bought them. With the WA2, the treble shouldn't be too harsh, that's a good match aswell !

I'm looking forward for your review ;).

post #4436 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf7 View Post

Thanks. Will this case fit the T1s? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_64010_Beyerdynamic-DT-Leather-Case.html

 

Yes. Problem is that it's a very soft bag, especially with the front flap covered by what seems like just a very thin piece of foam. If you're carrying it separately it might be a good idea to look at something with a bit more protection.

 

Insert gratuitous picture here (unfortunately my genius camera focused on the zip, but you can probably see what I mean)


Edited by bangraman - 6/2/13 at 5:20pm
post #4437 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


HiFiMan Travel Case is pretty good. Fits perhaps any phone I own.

This is a good suggestion. Having the headphones surrounded with thick foam pads as well as a hard shell is the way to go. thanks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangraman View Post

 

Yes. Problem is that it's a very soft bag, especially with the front flap covered by what seems like just a very thin piece of foam. If you're carrying it separately it might be a good idea to look at something with a bit more protection.

 

Insert gratuitous picture here (unfortunately my genius camera focused on the zip, but you can probably see what I mean)

Thanks, I was *this* close to ordering that bag from amazon. Figured $29 for a leather case would be a steal. Shall look elsewhere for something more sturdy now.

post #4438 of 10503

cant believe i am enjoying hiphops n pops on the T1...darn guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud on my audiogd nfb10. beerchug.gif

post #4439 of 10503

Regarding the T1 "carry case" issue...

 

Has anyone considered just adding a handle of some sort to the standard aluminum case that the T1 comes with? Not sure how durable the case is so I'd be inclined to add some rubber feet, etc.

 

I'm surprised that a $149 case didn't have a handle. As a result it is always a "two handed" pickup operation.

 

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/aluminium-transport-bag-for-t1.html

 

I mean, after all, for the price of a T1 I could get a really great set of suitcases. So what's a handle worth? smile.gif

post #4440 of 10503
If you frequently transport your t1s, I would recommend looking at a pelican case (similar to what Audeze ships with their "travel" case). I think the included case is really meant for storage at home.

You can get the pelican case with pluck out foam so you should be able to get a nice fit (plus the case is waterproof and is pretty much indestructable)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread