or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 295

post #4411 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post

 

I can't "compare" directly those 3 headphones because they don't compete in the same league. And by that I mean it's 3 different headphones.
LCD2 will be the bass-king with a smaller soundstage than the T1.
And for the HD650, the LCD2 is basically (and to be quick) an improvement in every aspects.
I can't compare the mids because I don't remember so well (I had it for 3 days).
But from what I remember, the T1 does everything well. Good kick and dynamic bass, awesome mids and gorgeous high (with the Soloist at least). I was shocked at the details that the T1 can produce, with the huge soundstage, atmospheric musics (Post-Rock, Ambient...) which I listen to a lot are just eargasm.

 

+1

 

LCD-2 is basic an ub3r l337 version hd 650, thats better at everything, though the soundstage has a bit less dimension and its a bit less laid back. 

 

the T1 is more treble-oriented, but is very well rounded, the treble can be a little too much though depending on the amp you pair it with. it prefers tube amps (especially OTL like decware and WA2) and higher end SS amps. very detailed and great soundstage, not as huge of a soundstage as hd 800, a little more musical though.

post #4412 of 10477

I'm quite shocked of the price of the T1 here in France.

It's nearly half of the HD800 and around 50€ more than the HD700 !!

post #4413 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post

I'm quite shocked of the price of the T1 here in France.

It's nearly half of the HD800 and around 50€ more than the HD700 !!

What is the price? In stores or online?

post #4414 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post

I'm quite shocked of the price of the T1 here in France.

It's nearly half of the HD800 and around 50€ more than the HD700 !!

 

lowest price found

 

T1  :749€  

http://www.cobrason.com/casques/casques-hi-fi/beyerdynamic-t1.html   (online / physical store)

https://www.materiel.net/casque-audiophile/beyerdynamic-casque-audio-t1-64438.html (online)

 

 

HD700 : 699€  (in many local and online shops at this price)

 

HD800 : 899 €  http://corama-boutique.fr/boutique/product.php?id_product=1202 (online/ physical store)

 

but many rised HD800 from 999 € to 1199 € recently .

 

so i don't see nothing special for T1 price (it was even lower for christmas promotions ...)

 

If you have an even beter price for T1 show us ^^


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 5/30/13 at 8:35pm
post #4415 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post

 

lowest price found

 

T1  :749€  

http://www.cobrason.com/casques/casques-hi-fi/beyerdynamic-t1.html   (online / physical store)

https://www.materiel.net/casque-audiophile/beyerdynamic-casque-audio-t1-64438.html (online)

 

 

HD700 : 699€  (in many local and online shops at this price)

 

HD800 : 899 €  http://corama-boutique.fr/boutique/product.php?id_product=1202 (online/ physical store)

 

but many rised HD800 from 999 € to 1199 € recently .

 

so i don't see nothing special for T1 price (it was even lower for christmas promotions ...)

 

If you have an even beter price for T1 show us ^^

Here is one for ya. T1 for  £599 which is 701 euro

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/76301-beyerdynamic_t1_600_ohm_headphones_with_tesla_technology_audio

post #4416 of 10477

Ah yes indeed, in my mind the T1 was roughly 900€ and the HD800 at 1200€. That's why I was surprise. Ok nevermind then :D.

I should receive them tomorrow ! Whoop-whoop \o/

post #4417 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post

 

lowest price found

 

T1  :749€  

http://www.cobrason.com/casques/casques-hi-fi/beyerdynamic-t1.html   (online / physical store)

https://www.materiel.net/casque-audiophile/beyerdynamic-casque-audio-t1-64438.html (online)

 

 

HD700 : 699€  (in many local and online shops at this price)

 

HD800 : 899 €  http://corama-boutique.fr/boutique/product.php?id_product=1202 (online/ physical store)

 

but many rised HD800 from 999 € to 1199 € recently .

 

so i don't see nothing special for T1 price (it was even lower for christmas promotions ...)

 

If you have an even beter price for T1 show us ^^

 

You should have told me, 749 Euro?!!!!

post #4418 of 10477
I think I am having some issues with my right side driver. During passages with low volume the sound isn't clear. It sounds like the signal is breaking up a bit.

Does one have to send these back to Germany or is there a US repair? They are not under warranty.
post #4419 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

I think I am having some issues with my right side driver. During passages with low volume the sound isn't clear. It sounds like the signal is breaking up a bit.

Does one have to send these back to Germany or is there a US repair? They are not under warranty.

Call  Pete carini at beyerdynamic USA 631-293-3288 ext 17. Pete will help you get it fixed here in the NY.

post #4420 of 10477

Quick question T1 for $945 open box, via authorized dealer, still has a 2 year warranty and in perfect condition.  Is this a fair price.

post #4421 of 10477

Yes

post #4422 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Quick question T1 for $945 open box, via authorized dealer, still has a 2 year warranty and in perfect condition.  Is this a fair price.


Ask Razordog to sell you a brand new one for this price.....

post #4423 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Quick question T1 for $945 open box, via authorized dealer, still has a 2 year warranty and in perfect condition.  Is this a fair price.

Ermm... I got my brand new T1 from Amazon with free super saver shipping at that price.
post #4424 of 10477

Check the S/N

 

Mine is 13xxx. Don't know if they've been making any adjustments on the T1s over the last 3 years, but if they have, a current version might be safer.

 

Again, if you can get a new version with the full warranty, it might be better, but in that case you'll need to get it from an authorized dealer.

 

Interesting thing. In the little manual that has multiple languages in it that comes with the T1, it says that there is a 2 year warranty. However, in the larger, 2 page brochure that also came with the phones, it says that they have a special extended 5 year warranty. Anyone know anything about this "special extended" version?

 

- Jeff

post #4425 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post

I'm quite shocked of the price of the T1 here in France.

It's nearly half of the HD800 and around 50€ more than the HD700 !!

This is off the point but anyway - i see there your name is Fishbone and you are from France land. Isn't it mad the way that band are huge in France and then not anywhere else apart from the states? What a band though!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread