or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 289

post #4321 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPro View Post

For mainstream I do find Alicia Keys and Beyonce to be quite good. Skylar Grey as well when she gets serious. Adele is already well known. 

 

Was looking for Key's new album but my local BB didn't have any in stock. I thought it would match well with my Z10 :(

i love skylar grey! especially her albums under her real name Holly Brook

post #4322 of 10479

Checking in with T1 (s/n : 11157) with WA2, simply loving it, mainly on classical music with my Mytek 192DACo2smile.gif Now, I have a problem, what to do with my LCD3confused_face_2.gif

post #4323 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by okw3188 View Post

Checking in with T1 (s/n : 11157) with WA2, simply loving it, mainly on classical music with my Mytek 192DACo2smile.gif Now, I have a problem, what to do with my LCD3confused_face_2.gif

 

give it to me tongue_smile.gif

post #4324 of 10479

I have a good trash at my home bigsmile_face.gif

post #4325 of 10479
Okw, isn't your LCD 3 an early one Sankar is going to replace? If so, be wise to break it in first dontcha think? You might like it!
post #4326 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

you didn't find radioactive - imagine dragons or the i love it- icona pop unlistenable on hd 800?

So I just found out all of this distortion on Imagine Dragon's album was added on purpose...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/imagine-dragons-go-radioactive-on-the-charts-20130508

post #4327 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post

So I just found out all of this distortion on Imagine Dragon's album was added on purpose...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/imagine-dragons-go-radioactive-on-the-charts-20130508

 

eeew. 

post #4328 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

For the record, mine were both 250 and 600 ohm. And slightly better matching doesn't really mean much IMO as the 250 and 600 ohms sounded very similar too. The T1s were head above shoulders better to my ears.

 

I listened 880/600 Ohm, and T1 side by side. While the 880 sounds closest to T1, including other Tesla models (T5 is harsh like AKG K550 without proper amping, T70p sounds like cheap Sony), its treble is not as extended as T1. Now if you dislike bright headphones, you should stick to Sennheiser HD600/650. The T1 is for those who prefer brighter sound and I don't hear any spikines from my cans. My problem with T1 is that it is very revealing of recording flaws like classical piano tracks. Some of those sound rather awful during quiet sections.  

post #4329 of 10479
^ Yeah piano is rather difficult to reproduce, and to record too I imagine.

What specific recording flaws do you notice?
post #4330 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

^ Yeah piano is rather difficult to reproduce, and to record too I imagine.

What specific recording flaws do you notice?

 

This is in reference to piano intro in tracks from iTunes like Debussy "Reverie", Mozart "Piano Sonata No 16" and Laura Fygy's "The Good Life". These are just few examples. My T1 picks up some mild distortion at piano strokes, like a scratchy echo, rustling which disappears as the track gets  louder.  I sampled many versions of piano-centric track like sGoldberg Variations but there is no such distortions. All other recordings: string classical, rock, pop, electronica do not have this issue. Only quiet piano Classical & some Jazz. All this seems to come from my right cups. A lot of classical recording seem to be left channel-centric. Is this true?

 

Or I have a T1 with defective driver.


Edited by zackzack - 5/26/13 at 6:22am
post #4331 of 10479
Thanks. I'll have to check this out. For classical piano I mostly listen with LCD 2, but I'll do some with my T1. Give me a day or two.
post #4332 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

Okw, isn't your LCD 3 an early one Sankar is going to replace? If so, be wise to break it in first dontcha think? You might like it!

Yeap, it is a new LCD3, been using it, less than 3 months and out of sudden, the left side fails. Now, my LCD3 is on its way back to them for further checking.

post #4333 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

Thanks. I'll have to check this out. For classical piano I mostly listen with LCD 2, but I'll do some with my T1. Give me a day or two.

 

Thanks for doing this. I also heard from another forumer that Beyer actually tweaked their drivers starting from serial 4XXX because of some ringing & resonance at 8K frequency (link below). My model has serial number 6XXX but I think what I perceive as distortion is this "ringing" or "resonance" mentioned.

 

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2001927&#r20

 

UPDATE: I did play around with my iTunes equalizer and the resonance seems to be lessened fi you turn down 500Hz to 1K Hz completely. I also notice that many classical recordings tend to sound louder from the left channel. My AKG K550 has none of this imbalance when playing the same track. And I heard Beyerdynamic produces a lot of imbalanced drivers in many models. I guess I could be the unlucky one. 


Edited by zackzack - 5/26/13 at 6:31am
post #4334 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzack View Post

 

Thanks for doing this. I also heard from another forumer that Beyer actually tweaked their drivers starting from serial 4XXX because of some ringing & resonance at 8K frequency (link below). My model has serial number 6XXX but I think what I perceive as distortion is this "ringing" or "resonance" mentioned.

 

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2001927&#r20

 

UPDATE: I did play around with my iTunes equalizer and the resonance seems to be lessened fi you turn down 500Hz to 1K Hz completely. I also notice that many classical recordings tend to sound louder from the left channel. My AKG K550 has none of this imbalance when playing the same track. And I heard Beyerdynamic produces a lot of imbalanced drivers in many models. I guess I could be the unlucky one. 

 

Multimeter to see if their is a serious impedance driver mismatching .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 5/26/13 at 8:19am
post #4335 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post

 

Multimer to see if their is a serious impedance driver mismatching .

 

Multimer?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread