or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 287

post #4291 of 10477
Don't the HD800 fanbois have their own thread ? :-P

While waiting for my DNA Sonett 2 to be built, I'm 'stuck' with my upgraded Sr71b feeding my T1s....just outstanding...great synergy...
post #4292 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf7 View Post


Thanks for your feedback once again rusta, you've been really helpful when I've asked for your opinion in other threads.

I've narrowed my choices down to those 3, and I've decided to get the t1 for the following reasons. I ruled out the HD 800 because its a little over my budget even for a used pair. And like you've pointed out before, the LCD, though boasting outstanding sonic qualities, falls short in terms of comfort and ergonomics. The build quality of the t1 is superb, and it's relatively light compared to the LCDs. I've read several reviews and most if not all praised the t1 for comfort and sonics. The only drawback in terms of ergonomic IMO is the non removable cable. But that shouldn't be much of an issue unless it breaks and I'm not also into custom cables.

That said, I can't wait to listen to Taylor swift whine about her exes and break ups with the t1

 

beerchug.gif

post #4293 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf7 View Post


Thanks for your feedback once again rusta, you've been really helpful when I've asked for your opinion in other threads.

I've narrowed my choices down to those 3, and I've decided to get the t1 for the following reasons. I ruled out the HD 800 because its a little over my budget even for a used pair. And like you've pointed out before, the LCD, though boasting outstanding sonic qualities, falls short in terms of comfort and ergonomics. The build quality of the t1 is superb, and it's relatively light compared to the LCDs. I've read several reviews and most if not all praised the t1 for comfort and sonics. The only drawback in terms of ergonomic IMO is the non removable cable. But that shouldn't be much of an issue unless it breaks and I'm not also into custom cables.

That said, I can't wait to listen to Taylor swift whine about her exes and break ups with the t1

 

I think you made the right choice... T1 should offer you all - comfort, ergonomy and built, reasonable neutrality while having more "fun" bass (but still linear), quality soundstage.

 

I think you will have a perfect opportunity to listen, analyze and find out what is the best for you - if you want to go for a bit warmer, a bit more technically advanced or just the same type of sound you have in Beyers :-)

 

Remember that T1 do not have flat impedance curve... If you find them to be a bit bright, find out an amplifier with higher output impedance to get a bit warmer signature. The lowest impedance value of T1 is around 600 - 615ohm appr., therefore 600/8 = 75ohm. Choosing an amplifier of output impedance up to around 75ohm should provide you with 100% precise sound while boosting bass a bit, warming up the overall signature.

 

Beyer designed their own amp of 120ohm impedance but that's only a damping factor of 5 which I dont think is completely suitable. Well, they know T1 the best, I suppose...

 

EDIT: You can always raise output impedance using resistors (do a special adapter and insert between your amp and headphone cable), of course...


Edited by RustA - 5/23/13 at 5:15pm
post #4294 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by okw3188 View Post


So what's your choice of amp for LCD3 to beat T1 with WA2?

Pretty much any good amp that can supply constant current and about 2W per channel (except fo the Lyr...that wasn't he greatest match). On a budget, the Schiit Mjolinir would be a fantastic choice for under $1k.

post #4295 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

i find the T1 to be more natural rather than artificial sounding. the hd 800 can sound more artificial due to the soundstage, sometimes it just spreads things out way too much. neither hd 800 or t1 are perfect at conveying a sense of realism.

I found the DT880s VERY artificial sounding...especially in the treble. 

post #4296 of 10477

we talking T1 here though. 

 

i was never too impressed with the lower beyers.

post #4297 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

we talking T1 here though. 

 

i was never too impressed with the lower beyers.

I know, I really like the T1s (more so than the HE-6s). The only lower end beyers that I've heard that I like are the DT1350s. I have it from a good source that the T90s are also winners.

post #4298 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

we talking T1 here though. 

 

i was never too impressed with the lower beyers.

For c. 300 bucks?  Are you kidding?

post #4299 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

For c. 300 bucks?  Are you kidding?

I'd go with the HD600s or Q701s over the DT880s. So not really kidding.

post #4300 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

I know, I really like the T1s (more so than the HE-6s). The only lower end beyers that I've heard that I like are the DT1350s. I have it from a good source that the T90s are also winners.

 

Even people who are typically anti-Beyer seem to really appreciate the 1350s...I've had mine for over a year and would be lost without them. 

 

I've said several times that I actually consider them to be dollar-for-dollar the better phone vs the T1s, and I love the T1s. 

post #4301 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

Even people who are typically anti-Beyer seem to really appreciate the 1350s...I've had mine for over a year and would be lost without them. 

 

I've said several times that I actually consider them to be dollar-for-dollar the better phone vs the T1s, and I love the T1s. 

I love the DT1350s and T1s....and Frank I swears the T90s are keepers (and he and I tend to hear things fairly closely too).

post #4302 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

For c. 300 bucks?  Are you kidding?

I'd go with the HD600s or Q701s over the DT880s. So not really kidding.

So, a lot less treble?  (former Q701 owner)

post #4303 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

I love the DT1350s and T1s....and Frank I swears the T90s are keepers (and he and I tend to hear things fairly closely too).

 

I've seen Frank post a lot over at the Audio Circle, as well...both you and he are two of the posters I rely on the most in terms of feedback on phones....doesn't surprise me that you guys have similar taste!

post #4304 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

So, a lot less treble?  (former Q701 owner)

Not so much less treble, just less "metallic" treble that I really disliked on the DT880s. Very tin-like sounding headphones.

post #4305 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Not so much less treble, just less "metallic" treble that I really disliked on the DT880s. Very tin-like sounding headphones.

 

And a bit more bass , and fuller/warmer mids redface.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread