- 95 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 280post #4186 of 105035/17/13 at 10:46amHas anyone tried the T1s one the dacmini as both the dac and the anp. Do they pair okay together?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4187 of 105035/17/13 at 1:27pm
anyone ever have any problems with the ear cups fitting over your ears on the t1s - i have big ears just wondering if the hd650 are bigger or smaller (they are the cans i own at the moment). i cant seem to find the exact dimensions of the cups online.post #4188 of 105035/17/13 at 2:19pmpost #4189 of 105035/17/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
sounds good so they will work without touching the ears even for big ears? are they bigger that the 650s?post #4190 of 105035/17/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
You may want to get an opinion from Centrance directly in addition to the feedback others provide. They use the T1s in combo with their DacMini and love the pairing.post #4191 of 105035/17/13 at 3:57pmQuote:
I have the DACmini CX with 1-Ohm output impedance mod, which CEntrance describes as being more neutral, less warm, than the default 10-Ohm version, and find that the 1-Ohm version is too bright with my T1, at least with my ears, for my tastes.
I consider the 1-Ohm version of the DACmini CX to be "perfect" with the LCD-2 rev.1, however - better than my Burson Soloist + LCD-2, in my opinion.
Unfortunately, I've never heard the T1 with the standard, 10-Ohm version of the DACmini CX - I'm just saying, don't order the 1-Ohm version for the T1.
Mikepost #4192 of 105035/17/13 at 8:39pm
it's just a good pairing for T1.. in my ears no problem... no sibilant treble or anything... just natural sounding... as long as the recording is good, because both of the DAC in DACmini and T1 is very revealing.. so if the recording is bad, the treble will little bit spiky... I'm RIP from CD, so no problem on that one...
I said good enough for T1 to sing, but not bring out what T1 really can do... that's why I'm using my woo as amp... because, I feel that woo is perform much better then DACmini in amp section, but the for the DAC section, DACmini is the best for the price I think...
post #4193 of 105035/17/13 at 10:20pmpost #4194 of 105035/17/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
Just tried on the T1 and HD650. Both are very good in this regard. T1 pads are definitely deeper, but not as tall.
I find any pads touching my ears to be pretty annoying....and I have no issue with the T1 (or the 650)post #4195 of 105035/17/13 at 11:42pmQuote:
The T1s are the most comfortable phones I've ever worn, by a large margin. I would imagine someone would have to have some pretty big ears for them not to be. I literally wear mine for hours and hours, often times falling asleep with them on, and when I wake up they are just as comfortable as they were when I first put them on. It's one of the reasons I love them so much.post #4196 of 105035/18/13 at 5:20ampost #4197 of 105035/18/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
T1 is the most balanced headphones I ever listened to. I bit the bullet and sprang for it 2 weeks ago and I never look back.
I have listened to LCD 3 and it is great with classical & rock music where you may have problems with hot treble, sibilance
etc. The Audeze is very warm sounding to the point of being muddy. You need top flight DAC & Amp to bring out the best in
Audeze. The bass is more powerful on Audeze, and if you love ear-punishing bass thumping electronic music, they are for you.
My small Audio Technica amp could drive AKG K550 to ear drum-piercing level but it could only drive half of what Audeze
could absorb. The phones need powerful, high current amplifier to rattle. soundstage is bigger than T1. But T1 has transparency,
more well defined bass, and, what I feel the quality that makes Beyer T1 special, is its holographic imaging capability.
Edited by zackzack - 5/18/13 at 10:51pmpost #4198 of 105035/19/13 at 1:14amWell, the LCD 2 (haven't heard LCD 3 yet) can take quite some brain adjustment. Initial warmth, even muddiness, can turn out to be lots of extra timbral and textural information not presented by most phones. at least, that's how I experienced it over some days and weeks.
Anyway, both the LCD and T1 dominate my head-time over my grado and (dare I say it?) an old stax. T1 used to only get 10%, but once I mated it with a tube amp I started to 'get' it. Both great phones...post #4199 of 105035/19/13 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by AiDee
Well, the LCD 2 (haven't heard LCD 3 yet) can take quite some brain adjustment. Initial warmth, even muddiness, can turn out to be lots of extra timbral and textural information not presented by most phones. at least, that's how I experienced it over some days and weeks.
Anyway, both the LCD and T1 dominate my head-time over my grado and (dare I say it?) an old stax. T1 used to only get 10%, but once I mated it with a tube amp I started to 'get' it. Both great phones...
I see you have a meier classic. Any impression of T1 on classic? I ordered one recently to pair it with T1, it is on spring sales discount by Jan as well.post #4200 of 105035/19/13 at 8:50am
I've been running a Meier Jazz with my T1s for the last year...fantastic combination. The Classic will be even better. I was afraid that the T1s might be a bit bright with a SS amp, but no worries at all. Jan is a big fan of the Beyerdynamic phones, and the Jazz has excellent synergy. I'm thinking about picking up the daccord/classic combo while he has them on sale.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 15 seconds ago
- › [Review] NVX XPT100, A direct Brainwavz HM5 competitor 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear