or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 280

post #4186 of 10478
Has anyone tried the T1s one the dacmini as both the dac and the anp. Do they pair okay together?
post #4187 of 10478

anyone ever have any problems with the ear cups fitting over your ears on the t1s - i have big ears just wondering if the hd650 are bigger or smaller (they are the cans i own at the moment). i cant seem to find the exact dimensions of the cups online.

post #4188 of 10478

The T1s are round while 650s are oval.  I prefer the oval shape of the 650...but I have no problems at all with the T1s either.

post #4189 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPulse View Post

The T1s are round while 650s are oval.  I prefer the oval shape of the 650...but I have no problems at all with the T1s either.

sounds good so they will work without touching the ears even for big ears? are they bigger that the 650s?

post #4190 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

Has anyone tried the T1s one the dacmini as both the dac and the anp. Do they pair okay together?

 

You may want to get an opinion from Centrance directly in addition to the feedback others provide. They use the T1s in combo with their DacMini and love the pairing.

post #4191 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

Has anyone tried the T1s one the dacmini as both the dac and the anp. Do they pair okay together?

 

I have the DACmini CX with 1-Ohm output impedance mod, which CEntrance describes as being more neutral, less warm, than the default 10-Ohm version, and find that the 1-Ohm version is too bright with my T1, at least with my ears, for my tastes. 

 

I consider the 1-Ohm version of the DACmini CX to be "perfect" with the LCD-2 rev.1, however - better than my Burson Soloist + LCD-2, in my opinion.  

 

Unfortunately, I've never heard the T1 with the standard, 10-Ohm version of the DACmini CX - I'm just saying, don't order the 1-Ohm version for the T1.

 

Mike

post #4192 of 10478

it's just a good pairing for T1.. in my ears no problem... no sibilant treble or anything... just natural sounding... as long as the recording is good, because both of the DAC in DACmini and T1 is very revealing.. so if the recording is bad, the treble will little bit spiky... I'm RIP from CD, so no problem on that one...

I said good enough for T1 to sing, but not bring out what T1 really can do... that's why I'm using my woo as amp... because, I feel that woo is perform much better then DACmini in amp section, but the for the DAC section, DACmini is the best for the price I think...

 

cheers
 

post #4193 of 10478

My T1 has found a new home.  A friend made this out of fiberglass and bamboo wood. 

 

post #4194 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

sounds good so they will work without touching the ears even for big ears? are they bigger that the 650s?

 Just tried on the T1 and HD650.  Both are very good in this regard.  T1 pads are definitely deeper, but not as tall.

 

I find any pads touching my ears to be pretty annoying....and I have no issue with the T1 (or the 650)

post #4195 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPulse View Post

 Just tried on the T1 and HD650.  Both are very good in this regard.  T1 pads are definitely deeper, but not as tall.

 

I find any pads touching my ears to be pretty annoying....and I have no issue with the T1 (or the 650)

 

The T1s are the most comfortable phones I've ever worn, by a large margin. I would imagine someone would have to have some pretty big ears for them not to be. I literally wear mine for hours and hours, often times falling asleep with them on, and when I wake up they are just as comfortable as they were when I first put them on. It's one of the reasons I love them so much. 

post #4196 of 10478

thanks guys for clearing that up. 

post #4197 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyermaniac View Post

I listened to the T1, LCD2 and HD800 last weekend. The T1 sounds the most balanced whilst the LCD2 sounds muffled in comparison. The HD800 sounds too thin and lightweight in the bass. The T1 sounds the best to my ears. Great sounding cans!

 

T1 is the most balanced headphones I ever listened to. I bit the bullet and sprang for it 2 weeks ago and I never look back. 

I have listened to LCD 3 and it is great with classical & rock music where you may have problems with hot treble, sibilance

etc. The Audeze is very warm sounding to the point of being muddy. You need top flight DAC & Amp to bring out the best in

Audeze. The bass is more powerful on Audeze, and if you love ear-punishing bass thumping electronic music, they are for you.

My small Audio Technica amp could drive AKG K550 to ear drum-piercing level but it could only drive half of what Audeze

could absorb. The phones need powerful, high current amplifier to rattle. soundstage is bigger than T1. But T1 has transparency,

more well defined bass, and, what I feel the quality that makes Beyer T1 special, is its holographic imaging capability. 


Edited by zackzack - 5/18/13 at 10:51pm
post #4198 of 10478
Well, the LCD 2 (haven't heard LCD 3 yet) can take quite some brain adjustment. Initial warmth, even muddiness, can turn out to be lots of extra timbral and textural information not presented by most phones. at least, that's how I experienced it over some days and weeks.

Anyway, both the LCD and T1 dominate my head-time over my grado and (dare I say it?) an old stax. T1 used to only get 10%, but once I mated it with a tube amp I started to 'get' it. Both great phones...
post #4199 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

Well, the LCD 2 (haven't heard LCD 3 yet) can take quite some brain adjustment. Initial warmth, even muddiness, can turn out to be lots of extra timbral and textural information not presented by most phones. at least, that's how I experienced it over some days and weeks.

Anyway, both the LCD and T1 dominate my head-time over my grado and (dare I say it?) an old stax. T1 used to only get 10%, but once I mated it with a tube amp I started to 'get' it. Both great phones...


I see you have a meier classic. Any impression of T1 on classic? I ordered one recently to pair it with T1, it is on spring sales discount by Jan as well.

post #4200 of 10478

I've been running a Meier Jazz with my T1s for the last year...fantastic combination. The Classic will be even better. I was afraid that the T1s might be a bit bright with a SS amp, but no worries at all. Jan is a big fan of the Beyerdynamic phones, and the Jazz has excellent synergy. I'm thinking about picking up the daccord/classic combo while he has them on sale. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread