it would be nice to see a good video review somewhere most of the ones online that i've seen aren't really that good. of course its not gonna stop the t1 being my next headphone!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 278post #4156 of 77605/8/13 at 9:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4157 of 77605/8/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I thought Zombie did a good job reviewing them. So too this guy:
Hifiguy did pretty well comparing it against the HD800.post #4158 of 77605/8/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
nice one, i didnt see the second one before im gonna have a look now.post #4159 of 77605/10/13 at 7:21pm
It has been a week since I've performed dampening mod to my pair.
It does make a big difference, from being one foot in Classified they turned into my favorite rock phones now. I can't hear anything distracting from them anymore, the treble in fact is smoother than HD800, combined with more visceral bass impact and more immediate presence they outrun Senns in that genre.
For big orchestral pieces HD800 with its enormous soundstage and better resolution still rule, also Senns still have a more "correct" timbre, T1 is more fun though.
But in all honesty, in stock form they were rather poor, I in fact preferred smoother presentation of DT880 600 Ohm, but now they sound bright and thin in comparison.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 5/10/13 at 7:34pmpost #4160 of 77605/11/13 at 2:35amGlad to know you're finally happy with them
I mightve modded mine too if I decided to stick with my stx and a different amp.
Actually damn, I shouldve tried it, would've been a cheaper solution too! Ergh~
Edited by Magiv9 - 5/11/13 at 2:42ampost #4161 of 77605/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #4162 of 77605/12/13 at 6:59ampost #4163 of 77605/12/13 at 10:58ampost #4164 of 77605/12/13 at 11:32ampost #4165 of 77605/12/13 at 2:25pmpost #4166 of 77605/12/13 at 8:20pm
That is a truly nice photograph. I love the somewhat high-key, pastel look, and the lighting. Very nice.Quote:Originally Posted by zackzack
I just got mine. I am expecting long hours of listening pleasure with these incredible cans.
Edited by zilch0md - 5/12/13 at 8:21pmpost #4167 of 77605/13/13 at 2:35ampost #4168 of 77605/13/13 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Utopia
There's also a Beyerdynamic A20 coming soon:
I just found out that the A20 has a built in power supply. This way, you can power your headphones off the grid, and this supposedly eliminates dirty mains syndrome.
Am I right?
The only other company I know that has such design is Red Wine Audio which Audeze recommends for their LCDs.
Edited by zackzack - 5/13/13 at 8:35ampost #4169 of 77605/13/13 at 7:51amQuote:
A "built-in power supply" doesn't mean it is "off the grid", it just means the power supply/connection to the mains is in the same housing as the rest of the amp.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 8 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 26 seconds ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 30 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 34 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 46 seconds ago
- › 3.5 to 1/4 Cable for my Bang and Olufsen Beoplay H6 Headphones 55 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 3 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)