it would be nice to see a good video review somewhere most of the ones online that i've seen aren't really that good. of course its not gonna stop the t1 being my next headphone!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 278post #4156 of 84485/8/13 at 9:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4157 of 84485/8/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I thought Zombie did a good job reviewing them. So too this guy:
Hifiguy did pretty well comparing it against the HD800.post #4158 of 84485/8/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
nice one, i didnt see the second one before im gonna have a look now.post #4159 of 84485/10/13 at 7:21pm
It has been a week since I've performed dampening mod to my pair.
It does make a big difference, from being one foot in Classified they turned into my favorite rock phones now. I can't hear anything distracting from them anymore, the treble in fact is smoother than HD800, combined with more visceral bass impact and more immediate presence they outrun Senns in that genre.
For big orchestral pieces HD800 with its enormous soundstage and better resolution still rule, also Senns still have a more "correct" timbre, T1 is more fun though.
But in all honesty, in stock form they were rather poor, I in fact preferred smoother presentation of DT880 600 Ohm, but now they sound bright and thin in comparison.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 5/10/13 at 7:34pmpost #4160 of 84485/11/13 at 2:35amGlad to know you're finally happy with them
I mightve modded mine too if I decided to stick with my stx and a different amp.
Actually damn, I shouldve tried it, would've been a cheaper solution too! Ergh~
Edited by Magiv9 - 5/11/13 at 2:42ampost #4161 of 84485/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #4162 of 84485/12/13 at 6:59ampost #4163 of 84485/12/13 at 10:58ampost #4164 of 84485/12/13 at 11:32ampost #4165 of 84485/12/13 at 2:25pmpost #4166 of 84485/12/13 at 8:20pm
That is a truly nice photograph. I love the somewhat high-key, pastel look, and the lighting. Very nice.Quote:Originally Posted by zackzack
I just got mine. I am expecting long hours of listening pleasure with these incredible cans.
Edited by zilch0md - 5/12/13 at 8:21pmpost #4167 of 84485/13/13 at 2:35ampost #4168 of 84485/13/13 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Utopia
There's also a Beyerdynamic A20 coming soon:
I just found out that the A20 has a built in power supply. This way, you can power your headphones off the grid, and this supposedly eliminates dirty mains syndrome.
Am I right?
The only other company I know that has such design is Red Wine Audio which Audeze recommends for their LCDs.
Edited by zackzack - 5/13/13 at 8:35ampost #4169 of 84485/13/13 at 7:51amQuote:
A "built-in power supply" doesn't mean it is "off the grid", it just means the power supply/connection to the mains is in the same housing as the rest of the amp.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 seconds ago
- › WTB: Hifiman HM801 and Sony MDR E888/E282/E484 and Technics HV75/HV100 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 18 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 57 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)