it would be nice to see a good video review somewhere most of the ones online that i've seen aren't really that good. of course its not gonna stop the t1 being my next headphone!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 278post #4156 of 104795/8/13 at 9:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4157 of 104795/8/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I thought Zombie did a good job reviewing them. So too this guy:
Hifiguy did pretty well comparing it against the HD800.post #4158 of 104795/8/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
nice one, i didnt see the second one before im gonna have a look now.post #4159 of 104795/10/13 at 7:21pm
It has been a week since I've performed dampening mod to my pair.
It does make a big difference, from being one foot in Classified they turned into my favorite rock phones now. I can't hear anything distracting from them anymore, the treble in fact is smoother than HD800, combined with more visceral bass impact and more immediate presence they outrun Senns in that genre.
For big orchestral pieces HD800 with its enormous soundstage and better resolution still rule, also Senns still have a more "correct" timbre, T1 is more fun though.
But in all honesty, in stock form they were rather poor, I in fact preferred smoother presentation of DT880 600 Ohm, but now they sound bright and thin in comparison.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 5/10/13 at 7:34pmpost #4160 of 104795/11/13 at 2:35amGlad to know you're finally happy with them
I mightve modded mine too if I decided to stick with my stx and a different amp.
Actually damn, I shouldve tried it, would've been a cheaper solution too! Ergh~
Edited by Magiv9 - 5/11/13 at 2:42ampost #4161 of 104795/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #4162 of 104795/12/13 at 6:59ampost #4163 of 104795/12/13 at 10:58ampost #4164 of 104795/12/13 at 11:32ampost #4165 of 104795/12/13 at 2:25pmpost #4166 of 104795/12/13 at 8:20pm
That is a truly nice photograph. I love the somewhat high-key, pastel look, and the lighting. Very nice.Quote:Originally Posted by zackzack
I just got mine. I am expecting long hours of listening pleasure with these incredible cans.
Edited by zilch0md - 5/12/13 at 8:21pmpost #4167 of 104795/13/13 at 2:35ampost #4168 of 104795/13/13 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Utopia
There's also a Beyerdynamic A20 coming soon:
I just found out that the A20 has a built in power supply. This way, you can power your headphones off the grid, and this supposedly eliminates dirty mains syndrome.
Am I right?
The only other company I know that has such design is Red Wine Audio which Audeze recommends for their LCDs.
Edited by zackzack - 5/13/13 at 8:35ampost #4169 of 104795/13/13 at 7:51amQuote:
A "built-in power supply" doesn't mean it is "off the grid", it just means the power supply/connection to the mains is in the same housing as the rest of the amp.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 29 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 35 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Mee Audio M6 Pro vs Sony MDR-EX450 2 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Schitt wyrd. priced to sell 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 8 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear