I have a T1 #95xx and I don't hear this crazy spike people are talking about. I wish someone would take some measurements of later serial #s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 277
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4142 of 81205/5/13 at 10:15am
Beyer tends to change things over time. Maybe it is time for me to get a current sample and measure again. I'll keep it in mind.post #4143 of 81205/5/13 at 10:51amQuote:
well i've 98xx had 2, now 1, and i feel the spike, but not crazy, just substantially more than with any of my other cans, only with certain vocals, and only with powerful amps, like the v200, which is really smooth with the hd800 on the other hand
with less powerful amps the bass is very flat, but with powerful ones the spike gets more noticeableQuote:
change on purpose?
cos some complained about driver imbalance, others about stereo imaging, others about treble spikes,
what i feel is a surround but precise stereo imaging with very immediate depth imaging and range, and the high spl in sibilant vocal recordings, which i can suppress with eq in the 6 to 9 khz range, but which i do not cos it's not that bad and limited to recordings that exhibit sibilance per se, and very amp dependent treble, something like a very efficient treble compared to mids and especially bass
and all the other thing that i stated in my other posts earlier in this thread
so maybe take 10 samples from different series and tell us which one is "best"
btw did anyone question beyerdynamic about all the qualities, "issues", and the concept regarding the t1 design, any interviews, articles, anything?post #4144 of 81205/5/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Magiv9
Does the T1 and WA2 need a warm or neutral dac?
I'm not sure if I'll need the optional DIR9001 or not. (will use coaxial from stx).
Though a little outside of your budget, of the two DAC's that I use with my T1, the warmer is more enjoyable. The Benchmark that I own, a DAC both renowned and reviled for its clinical presentation is not on par with either of the other two. The PWD MKII, a warmer dac has better synergy with the T1 than my W4S Dac 2 > Audiophilleo. While I don't like to use the word neutral, considering that there is no true reference standard for neutral that I'm aware of; the W4S certainly is less warm, less textural, less dynamic, less solid (hell, I've never heard a DAC that is simultaneously so focused and solid as the PWD) but the W4S is also less colored. It's more adept at providing broader staging (with greater separation) and a more precise imaging experience.
The T1's, as they are stock, image as well as any dynamic headphone I've heard. They have a wonderfully deep soundstage, that can vary a great deal respective to the recording. They can be peaky for some and downright bright for others and are just shy of being ruthlessly revealing in their ability to extract detail. For this reason a warmer DAC, that caters more to PRAT, dynamics and solidity would be better suited I think to the T1. There are others that mention the T1 can be boring relative to their other cans, namely the HD800. While I can see their point, I have seldom had this experience, with a few aberrant acoustic albums that I now know to avoid. Get a DAC that stresses rhythm and jump-out-your-seat-factor in lieu of more clinical offerings.
When you're at the precipice of spending say $600 on a DAC, my advice would usually be to wait a bit and save a bit more. Get to the 1k range and buy used, where you can find some wonderful values. For instance, when buying used you can find a W4S Dac 1 for $700 and an additional $400 for an Audiophilleo, which blows the snot out of my Nuforce HDP or the upgraded DACMagic that I auditioned. Similarly the EE Minimax (non plus) gives you the flexibility of a tube/solid state sound, with rollable opamps that similarly kicks the **** of the aforementioned cheaper offerings. I've seen the Minimax go for as low as $550 on Audiogon. As far as I'm concerned, with a flourishing used market, with members that are conscientious of treating their gear delicately, there is absolutely no reason to purchase new, and especially at that price range, where you may find yourself changing gear every few months.
Edited by ericfarrell85 - 5/5/13 at 11:43ampost #4145 of 81205/5/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
Oh, my bad! Everything is still in it's right place :ppost #4146 of 81205/5/13 at 1:23pmpost #4147 of 81205/5/13 at 2:48pmQuote:
you can also consider/feature the felt dampening mod done for T1 for the earlier S/N's :)post #4148 of 81205/5/13 at 2:51pmQuote:
Would you email me a link to that mod?
tyll(at)innerfidelity(dot)compost #4149 of 81205/5/13 at 3:24pmpost #4150 of 81205/8/13 at 4:56ampost #4151 of 81205/8/13 at 5:48ampost #4152 of 81205/8/13 at 6:13ampost #4153 of 81205/8/13 at 6:27ampost #4154 of 81205/8/13 at 6:38am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio AV40 - still a good buy? 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)