I have a T1 #95xx and I don't hear this crazy spike people are talking about. I wish someone would take some measurements of later serial #s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 277
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4142 of 92705/5/13 at 10:15am
Beyer tends to change things over time. Maybe it is time for me to get a current sample and measure again. I'll keep it in mind.post #4143 of 92705/5/13 at 10:51amQuote:
well i've 98xx had 2, now 1, and i feel the spike, but not crazy, just substantially more than with any of my other cans, only with certain vocals, and only with powerful amps, like the v200, which is really smooth with the hd800 on the other hand
with less powerful amps the bass is very flat, but with powerful ones the spike gets more noticeableQuote:
change on purpose?
cos some complained about driver imbalance, others about stereo imaging, others about treble spikes,
what i feel is a surround but precise stereo imaging with very immediate depth imaging and range, and the high spl in sibilant vocal recordings, which i can suppress with eq in the 6 to 9 khz range, but which i do not cos it's not that bad and limited to recordings that exhibit sibilance per se, and very amp dependent treble, something like a very efficient treble compared to mids and especially bass
and all the other thing that i stated in my other posts earlier in this thread
so maybe take 10 samples from different series and tell us which one is "best"
btw did anyone question beyerdynamic about all the qualities, "issues", and the concept regarding the t1 design, any interviews, articles, anything?post #4144 of 92705/5/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Magiv9
Does the T1 and WA2 need a warm or neutral dac?
I'm not sure if I'll need the optional DIR9001 or not. (will use coaxial from stx).
Though a little outside of your budget, of the two DAC's that I use with my T1, the warmer is more enjoyable. The Benchmark that I own, a DAC both renowned and reviled for its clinical presentation is not on par with either of the other two. The PWD MKII, a warmer dac has better synergy with the T1 than my W4S Dac 2 > Audiophilleo. While I don't like to use the word neutral, considering that there is no true reference standard for neutral that I'm aware of; the W4S certainly is less warm, less textural, less dynamic, less solid (hell, I've never heard a DAC that is simultaneously so focused and solid as the PWD) but the W4S is also less colored. It's more adept at providing broader staging (with greater separation) and a more precise imaging experience.
The T1's, as they are stock, image as well as any dynamic headphone I've heard. They have a wonderfully deep soundstage, that can vary a great deal respective to the recording. They can be peaky for some and downright bright for others and are just shy of being ruthlessly revealing in their ability to extract detail. For this reason a warmer DAC, that caters more to PRAT, dynamics and solidity would be better suited I think to the T1. There are others that mention the T1 can be boring relative to their other cans, namely the HD800. While I can see their point, I have seldom had this experience, with a few aberrant acoustic albums that I now know to avoid. Get a DAC that stresses rhythm and jump-out-your-seat-factor in lieu of more clinical offerings.
When you're at the precipice of spending say $600 on a DAC, my advice would usually be to wait a bit and save a bit more. Get to the 1k range and buy used, where you can find some wonderful values. For instance, when buying used you can find a W4S Dac 1 for $700 and an additional $400 for an Audiophilleo, which blows the snot out of my Nuforce HDP or the upgraded DACMagic that I auditioned. Similarly the EE Minimax (non plus) gives you the flexibility of a tube/solid state sound, with rollable opamps that similarly kicks the **** of the aforementioned cheaper offerings. I've seen the Minimax go for as low as $550 on Audiogon. As far as I'm concerned, with a flourishing used market, with members that are conscientious of treating their gear delicately, there is absolutely no reason to purchase new, and especially at that price range, where you may find yourself changing gear every few months.
Edited by ericfarrell85 - 5/5/13 at 11:43ampost #4145 of 92705/5/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
Oh, my bad! Everything is still in it's right place :ppost #4146 of 92705/5/13 at 1:23pmpost #4147 of 92705/5/13 at 2:48pmQuote:
you can also consider/feature the felt dampening mod done for T1 for the earlier S/N's :)post #4148 of 92705/5/13 at 2:51pmQuote:
Would you email me a link to that mod?
tyll(at)innerfidelity(dot)compost #4149 of 92705/5/13 at 3:24pmpost #4150 of 92705/8/13 at 4:56ampost #4151 of 92705/8/13 at 5:48ampost #4152 of 92705/8/13 at 6:13ampost #4153 of 92705/8/13 at 6:27ampost #4154 of 92705/8/13 at 6:38am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking for to buy some IEM/Headphones. 54 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › SubPac for Sub Referencing 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX For Sale - Barely Used - No rattle/Issues 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Do I need a DAP? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)