I have a T1 #95xx and I don't hear this crazy spike people are talking about. I wish someone would take some measurements of later serial #s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 277
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4142 of 96695/5/13 at 10:15am
Beyer tends to change things over time. Maybe it is time for me to get a current sample and measure again. I'll keep it in mind.post #4143 of 96695/5/13 at 10:51amQuote:
well i've 98xx had 2, now 1, and i feel the spike, but not crazy, just substantially more than with any of my other cans, only with certain vocals, and only with powerful amps, like the v200, which is really smooth with the hd800 on the other hand
with less powerful amps the bass is very flat, but with powerful ones the spike gets more noticeableQuote:
change on purpose?
cos some complained about driver imbalance, others about stereo imaging, others about treble spikes,
what i feel is a surround but precise stereo imaging with very immediate depth imaging and range, and the high spl in sibilant vocal recordings, which i can suppress with eq in the 6 to 9 khz range, but which i do not cos it's not that bad and limited to recordings that exhibit sibilance per se, and very amp dependent treble, something like a very efficient treble compared to mids and especially bass
and all the other thing that i stated in my other posts earlier in this thread
so maybe take 10 samples from different series and tell us which one is "best"
btw did anyone question beyerdynamic about all the qualities, "issues", and the concept regarding the t1 design, any interviews, articles, anything?post #4144 of 96695/5/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Magiv9
Does the T1 and WA2 need a warm or neutral dac?
I'm not sure if I'll need the optional DIR9001 or not. (will use coaxial from stx).
Though a little outside of your budget, of the two DAC's that I use with my T1, the warmer is more enjoyable. The Benchmark that I own, a DAC both renowned and reviled for its clinical presentation is not on par with either of the other two. The PWD MKII, a warmer dac has better synergy with the T1 than my W4S Dac 2 > Audiophilleo. While I don't like to use the word neutral, considering that there is no true reference standard for neutral that I'm aware of; the W4S certainly is less warm, less textural, less dynamic, less solid (hell, I've never heard a DAC that is simultaneously so focused and solid as the PWD) but the W4S is also less colored. It's more adept at providing broader staging (with greater separation) and a more precise imaging experience.
The T1's, as they are stock, image as well as any dynamic headphone I've heard. They have a wonderfully deep soundstage, that can vary a great deal respective to the recording. They can be peaky for some and downright bright for others and are just shy of being ruthlessly revealing in their ability to extract detail. For this reason a warmer DAC, that caters more to PRAT, dynamics and solidity would be better suited I think to the T1. There are others that mention the T1 can be boring relative to their other cans, namely the HD800. While I can see their point, I have seldom had this experience, with a few aberrant acoustic albums that I now know to avoid. Get a DAC that stresses rhythm and jump-out-your-seat-factor in lieu of more clinical offerings.
When you're at the precipice of spending say $600 on a DAC, my advice would usually be to wait a bit and save a bit more. Get to the 1k range and buy used, where you can find some wonderful values. For instance, when buying used you can find a W4S Dac 1 for $700 and an additional $400 for an Audiophilleo, which blows the snot out of my Nuforce HDP or the upgraded DACMagic that I auditioned. Similarly the EE Minimax (non plus) gives you the flexibility of a tube/solid state sound, with rollable opamps that similarly kicks the **** of the aforementioned cheaper offerings. I've seen the Minimax go for as low as $550 on Audiogon. As far as I'm concerned, with a flourishing used market, with members that are conscientious of treating their gear delicately, there is absolutely no reason to purchase new, and especially at that price range, where you may find yourself changing gear every few months.
Edited by ericfarrell85 - 5/5/13 at 11:43ampost #4145 of 96695/5/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
Oh, my bad! Everything is still in it's right place :ppost #4146 of 96695/5/13 at 1:23pmpost #4147 of 96695/5/13 at 2:48pmQuote:
you can also consider/feature the felt dampening mod done for T1 for the earlier S/N's :)post #4148 of 96695/5/13 at 2:51pmQuote:
Would you email me a link to that mod?
tyll(at)innerfidelity(dot)compost #4149 of 96695/5/13 at 3:24pmpost #4150 of 96695/8/13 at 4:56ampost #4151 of 96695/8/13 at 5:48ampost #4152 of 96695/8/13 at 6:13ampost #4153 of 96695/8/13 at 6:27ampost #4154 of 96695/8/13 at 6:38am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 48 seconds ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 50 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2