Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 260

post #3886 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

Hi guys, I'am thinking about buying T1's. Could you tell me your opinion on what is good price when looking for used non-balanced T1's ?

I snagged a used, like-new pair on Amazon (but not FROM Amazon) for $800.  I thought that was pretty good (and will now see how wrong I am with "I did better than that!" posts to come)

post #3887 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

I snagged a used, like-new pair on Amazon (but not FROM Amazon) for $800.  I thought that was pretty good (and will now see how wrong I am with "I did better than that!" posts to come)

 

1-2 years back I got mine on used from amazon warehouse for about $930 in "like new" condition.  certainly looked new when they arrived, I couldn't tell they had even been opened before.

post #3888 of 8190

I guess I could have them for 880$ (3months old) but without warranty so it's probably not that good price.

post #3889 of 8190
Thanks very much for yor responses! helpful as always.


anyone been using their T1 for gaming?
Edited by DWolff - 4/8/13 at 8:17pm
post #3890 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWolff View Post

Thanks very much for yor responses! helpful as always.


anyone been using their T1 for gaming?

Yeah, Starcraft 2 usually and others too. I get scared every time, the mixes by Blizzard are so lifelike and immersive.

post #3891 of 8190

I use the T1 for CS:GO and SC2 as well, but for SC2 I listen to my own music during games. For CS:GO the accuracy is great, I'm not any good at FPS games but I'm sure a good/decent player can make use of the T1's sound stage.

post #3892 of 8190

Will also try to ask here on some sound aspects of T1 :)

 

Could you guys please tell me how different are T1 from Grado SR225i or HD650 which are my most favorite headphones so far ? 

 

Are T1 also fine for Rock/Metal kind of music ?

 

Also BobJS already told me T1's should be ok with Schiit Lyr, anyone else have experience with this combination ?

I'am close to pulling trigger on these headphones, don't want to make a mistake beyersmile.png

 

Thanks a lot ;)

post #3893 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

 

Could you guys please tell me how different are T1 from Grado SR225i or HD650 which are my most favorite headphones so far ? 

 

Are T1 also fine for Rock/Metal kind of music ?

 

Imagine Grado 225 being a saxophone, a groovy little piece of music. T1s are a concert hall with the brass and choir. That, to me, is the difference quite literally.

 

For rock and metal, yessssss.

post #3894 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnupiima View Post

 

For rock and metal, yessssss.

 

Oh that's what I wanted to hear biggrin.gif

post #3895 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

 

Oh that's what I wanted to hear biggrin.gif

 

For Classical, Metal, Rock, POP, I think the T1's are great. However, for bass heavy songs like RAP, Hip Hop, DUBSTEP, there are better headphones around.

post #3896 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz View Post

 

For Classical, Metal, Rock, POP, I think the T1's are great. However, for bass heavy songs like RAP, Hip Hop, DUBSTEP, there are better headphones around.

 

Sounds great to me. I listen to nearly everything except Rap and Hip-Hop, from John Lenon over Taylor Swift to Slipknot. Not sure what bass heavy means here, are HD650 bass heavy for example ?

post #3897 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

 

Sounds great to me. I listen to nearly everything except Rap and Hip-Hop, from John Lenon over Taylor Swift to Slipknot. Not sure what bass heavy means here, are HD650 bass heavy for example ?


From what I have read, the Senn 650 has more bass than T1, but of a lesser quality. T1 would have much better quality bass but I think the 650 has more quantity though. Better someone correct me otherwise....

post #3898 of 8190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz View Post


From what I have read, the Senn 650 has more bass than T1, but of a lesser quality. T1 would have much better quality bass but I think the 650 has more quantity though. Better someone correct me otherwise....

 

The T1's have deeper, tighter bass. The HD650's bass is not as well controlled leading to a fuller loser bass response.

post #3899 of 8190

What about dynamics on T1 ? That's probably one of main things I enjoy.

 

btw: thanks for help guys, really appreciate this.

post #3900 of 8190

The T1's have no problems with dynamics.

If they don't sound dynamic then blame the amp. Some amps don't do well with the 600ohm impedance of the T1's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread