or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 258

post #3856 of 10477

Why isn't this T1 thread in the Summit-Fi category? There is no question that these are flagship headphones. Just wondering why these don't get the same status as the HD800's? Sure there are fan clubs for different flagship headphones  but all the flagships deserve to be in Summit-Fi as far as I am concerned. I've got the T1's and I've owned other top hf's these are right up there with some of the best but they don't seem to get the same attention from the community.

post #3857 of 10477

In the words of Currawong, they'd need to be normally 'paired with source equipment that costs thousands.'

post #3858 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

In the words of Currawong, they'd need to be normally 'paired with source equipment that costs thousands.'


Could you please elaborate? I don't get it.

post #3859 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

In the words of Currawong, they'd need to be normally 'paired with source equipment that costs thousands.'

Lots of people have the T1 paired with equipment that costs thousands so I don't get the comment. Probably as many people as have the HD800 paired with expensive equipment. That point doesn't make sense to me.

post #3860 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

Why isn't this T1 thread in the Summit-Fi category? There is no question that these are flagship headphones. Just wondering why these don't get the same status as the HD800's? Sure there are fan clubs for different flagship headphones  but all the flagships deserve to be in Summit-Fi as far as I am concerned. I've got the T1's and I've owned other top hf's these are right up there with some of the best but they don't seem to get the same attention from the community.

 

post #3861 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

Why isn't this T1 thread in the Summit-Fi category? There is no question that these are flagship headphones. Just wondering why these don't get the same status as the HD800's? Sure there are fan clubs for different flagship headphones  but all the flagships deserve to be in Summit-Fi as far as I am concerned. I've got the T1's and I've owned other top hf's these are right up there with some of the best but they don't seem to get the same attention from the community.


Agreed. Matter of fact, i think the "general" opinion of the T1's that was made years ago needs updating correcting. The reason i say this is that the HE-6 aside, the T1 needs the more sophisticated amp than anything else and those amps are just now becoming more mainstream. There is a disconnect.

post #3862 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post


Agreed. Matter of fact, i think the "general" opinion of the T1's that was made years ago needs updating correcting. The reason i say this is that the HE-6 aside, the T1 needs the more sophisticated amp than anything else and those amps are just now becoming more mainstream. There is a disconnect.

 

 

+1 agreed as well.  I would also throw in the HE800s.  But yes, these are High end headphones.  They're the flagship of the line for god's sakes.

post #3863 of 10477

I think those who love the T1 are among a minority that's defined by a difference in sonic taste - specifically, a taste for sound that's uncolored, neutral, detailed, and quite simply...  accurate.

 

Without taking any surveys and with nothing to go on but my personal assessment of the Head-Fi community at large, I think the majority of Head-Fi, even among those with very expensive rigs, prefer a warmer, darker, smoother, inaccurate sound than what the T1 delivers when using equally neutral and transparent sources. 

 

Even among T1 owners we have people using tube amps, tube DACs, and tube buffers ahead of solid state amps.  Why?  Because the majority of people prefer a warmer, darker, smoother, less accurate sound.   

 

The T1 is, in my opinion, the only truly "reference" headphone I've heard to date.  It's very, very good at adding almost nothing to the signal.  And for that, it's shunned.

 

Mike

post #3864 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

I think those who love the T1 are among a minority that's defined by a difference in sonic taste - specifically, a taste for sound that's uncolored, neutral, detailed, and quite simply...  accurate.

 

Without taking any surveys and with nothing to go on but my personal assessment of the Head-Fi community at large, I think the majority of Head-Fi, even among those with very expensive rigs, prefer a warmer, darker, smoother, inaccurate sound than what the T1 delivers when using equally neutral and transparent sources. 

 

Even among T1 owners we have people using tube amps, tube DACs, and tube buffers ahead of solid state amps.  Why?  Because the majority of people prefer a warmer, darker, smoother, less accurate sound.   

 

The T1 is, in my opinion, the only truly "reference" headphone I've heard to date.  It's very, very good at adding almost nothing to the signal.  And for that, it's shunned.

 

Mike


+1 well said

post #3865 of 10477

Agree with the rationale - but disagree with the reference point (i.e. accurate). I would say the T1 is brighter than accurate sound / music presentation. And, therefore - some like the exaggerated "accuracy" it delivers.

post #3866 of 10477
new WA2/T1 owner here with a naive question:

is there a "go-to" vendor for re-cabling the T1? I think the Beyerdynamic cable is nice, but I wouldn't mind a removable cable myself.
post #3867 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWolff View Post

new WA2/T1 owner here with a naive question:

is there a "go-to" vendor for re-cabling the T1? I think the Beyerdynamic cable is nice, but I wouldn't mind a removable cable myself.


I would contact Moon Audio, they are authorized by Beyerdynamic and offer 2 year warranties on their work. Reasonable pricing too for peace of mind. I went with Moon Audio myself.


Edited by brunk - 4/7/13 at 9:23am
post #3868 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post

 

 

 

+2

 

i consider the Beyerdynamic T1 to be my reference headphone, and my favorite as well

post #3869 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

+2

 

i consider the Beyerdynamic T1 to be my reference headphone, and my favorite as well


+3

post #3870 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWolff View Post

new WA2/T1 owner here with a naive question:

is there a "go-to" vendor for re-cabling the T1? I think the Beyerdynamic cable is nice, but I wouldn't mind a removable cable myself.

 

 

There's lots of options.  

 

Moon Audio

 

http://aphroditecu29.com/Zeus/Zeus_Headphone_Cable.aspx

 

http://www.btg-audio.com/

 

I bought an aftermarket cable from Norse Audio and had a Head Fi friend install it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread