Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 231

post #3451 of 7966

No idea what the whole fuss is about. You have 30 day return policy, yet, you whine like a little kid and try to find the most complicated solutions to something that is dead easy. 

 

Get a replacement and be done with it.

post #3452 of 7966

My thanks to everyone who has both empathy and reasonable expectations of flagship headphones.

 

I've left a voice mail earlier today for the national sales manager at the Beyerdynamics U.S. distributorship.  No response yet, but it hasn't been long...

 

Mike

post #3453 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

My thanks to everyone who has both empathy and reasonable expectations of flagship headphones.

 

I've left a voice mail earlier today for the national sales manager at the Beyerdynamics U.S. distributorship.  No response yet, but it hasn't been long...

 

Mike


It obviously stinks that the headphones you received from Amazon (at a very, very nice discount) may be defective.  Returning such an expensive item isn't the same as a $50 item in my experience; you may have to either be around for a UPS pick-up or go to a UPS location.  Stinks even more that there may be a QC issue at Bayerdynamic's plant, and for such an expensive headphone; I'd expect them to be perfect.  My experience with Amazon is that after two returns of a defective item, they basically say:  "You obviously aren't going to be satisfied by us, so here's your money back, and we aren't going send you another one to try."  So all that stinks.

 

But the choice is to buy it from a local dealer, and likely at full price.  You hopefully get more - hopefully a chance to try a high-end item in a proper environment created by somebody who cares about the product.  At least that's what I was hoping when I tried to find a high-end audio shop in my city (major east coast city in the US), and discovered that that doesn't actually exist - and doesn't even in Manhattan.  (Fortunately, a local shop is going to start carrying a few high-end models like the HD-800, so I'll try them there and buy from them if I like them.) 

 

So I'd just return them to Amazon.com as a defect, and they'll just ship you out another one pronto, and if the second is bad, then look for another brand. 

post #3454 of 7966
post #3455 of 7966

hi, T1 fans,

 

since i can not resist the amazon deal last Friday, now i am #9550 T1 member!. i just love it.

 

i use DAC/AMP yulong D100 II that has two headphone outputs, one for low impedance and one for high impedance so that i can easily compare with my Q701. Interesting thing is they sound almost with same loudness! first impression is Q701 obviously feels "thin" compared with t1. and T1 shows a deep soundstage when hearing some live albums, which i feel more realistic.

 

i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

 

 

ps: why not just call amazon for replace? and you will probably get some credits for your next purchase.  my guess is these products are not newly produced and they might get damaged in warehouse or in transport 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

My thanks to everyone who has both empathy and reasonable expectations of flagship headphones.

 

I've left a voice mail earlier today for the national sales manager at the Beyerdynamics U.S. distributorship.  No response yet, but it hasn't been long...

 

Mike

post #3456 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediblejian View Post


i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

I recommend the Decware CSP2+ for driving the T1.
Cost of the amp is less than US$1k and comes with lifetime warranty
post #3457 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediblejian View Post

hi, T1 fans,

 

since i can not resist the amazon deal last Friday, now i am #9550 T1 member!. i just love it.

 

 

i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

 

 

 

 

gratz.

 

the spl auditor is supposably an excellent choice for the T1 and the lower beyers.

post #3458 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledotroberts View Post

I have both, and I'll be honest, I do love the DT1350's. Hopefully you'll have a similar reaction :)

 

[snip]

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesK View Post

[snip]

 

So I'd just return them to Amazon.com as a defect, and they'll just ship you out another one pronto, and if the second is bad, then look for another brand. 

 

OK.  
 
I've rolled the dice by returning the defective T1 to Amazon for exchange.  
 
I want to HEAR a functioning T1, not to mention wanting to make worthwhile all the time I've invested thus far in securing a great price of $950.
 
Going by purrin's experience (three T1's out of six being "good"), the odds are 50:50 I will score.  
 
Still nothing heard from the Beyerdynamic U.S. national sales manager, but what's he going to say?  Can he point me to a published list of Beyerdynamic authorized U.S. resellers?  Can he fix the factory's quality control problems?  I'll call him again tomorrow...
 
Meanwhile, the DT 1350 is on backorder ($254 from Headphones.com) - it's supposed to ship on 7 December.
 
Oh, but this is the T1 thread.  Where was I?   Oh yeah...
 
 
 
  rolleyes.gif
 
Mike
post #3459 of 7966

Question:

Is something like O2 amp. is enough to drive the T1?

same question goes for a Leckerton UHA-6S mk2

 

will both sound good?

thanks!

post #3460 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediblejian View Post

hi, T1 fans,

i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

I have owned the T1 for a while, tried them on several amps at home and at head-fi meets, and I convinced myself that, unlike the HD800 or the orthos, the T1 are very accommodating in terms of amplification: they sound almost as good on a solid "mid-fi" OTL tube amp as they do on a Cavalli Liquid Fire (of course an HD800 aficionado would say that the T1 do not scale up as well as the Senns do. Probably true if you own a $2K+ amp...)

If you want to go solid state I would recommend to get a recent Corda amp: for me the Meier house sound (warm but very detailed) matches the T1 perfectly...
Edited by calaf - 11/29/12 at 10:50am
post #3461 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal1983 View Post

Question:

Is something like O2 amp. is enough to drive the T1?

same question goes for a Leckerton UHA-6S mk2

 

will both sound good?

thanks!

 

No, no, and no.

post #3462 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by calaf View Post


I have owned the T1 for a while, tried them on several amps at home and at head-fi meets, and I convinced myself that, unlike the HD800 or the orthos, the T1 are very accommodating in terms of amplification: they sound almost as good on a solid "mid-fi" OTL tube amp as they do on a Cavalli Liquid Fire (of course an HD800 aficionado would say that the T1 do not scale up as well as the Senns do. Probably true if you own a $2K+ amp...)
If you want to go solid state I would recommend to get a recent Corda amp: for me the Meier house sound (warm but very detailed) matches the T1 perfectly...

 

I agree...Jan's amps are a great way to go. I have the Corda Jazz, which sounds great with the T1s.

post #3463 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal1983 View Post

Question:

Is something like O2 amp. is enough to drive the T1?

same question goes for a Leckerton UHA-6S mk2

 

will both sound good?

thanks!

 

O2 is OK will get enough Loud (use it with AC adapter) . And it will sound good objectively peraphs not the best , depending and personal taste , but enough to enjoy , and later upgrade it for something "better" if you feel the need . 

 

(Better spending money first on Headphone , and after amp if needed and if you like the phone ) .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 11/29/12 at 11:47am
post #3464 of 7966
Quote:

Originally Posted by incrediblejian View Post

 

i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

 

hi, i'm running the T1 with a Phonitor, which is soundwise the same as Auditor. It's a match made in heaven.

I've tried some amps with the T1, eg. Lehmann Black Cube Linear, Violectric, some tube amps and also with Beyers own, the A1.

But from all of them, the Phonitor had the most synergy, a perfect match. As far as i know from SPL, the Phonitor/Auditor was designed with the T1 in mind.

 

Highly recommended!!

post #3465 of 7966

what is the minimum amp. which will let the T1 shine ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread