or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 23

post #331 of 10479

Great to hear so many T1 owners still love this great phone.  While many great amps that have been mentioned to mate with T1, I think it is definitely worthwhile to pursue some higher end DAC or source.  T1 is at the level that you will be able to appreciate source upgrade.

 

In my experience I appreciated crispier upper freq,, more solid bass and great impact and faster response over the spectrum.

post #332 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR1 View Post

I feel the Beta 22 works extremely well with T1 and with HD800.



x 2  beyersmile.png

 

I have the same impression.

 

For my taste the Beta 22 is a kind of reference headphone amp, at least for higher impedance headphones starting from the 62 Ohm Akg K701.

post #333 of 10479

hello :) i've got a question, how would these cans sound with Burson HA-160D, anyone tried that combo ?

post #334 of 10479

I just got my re-terminated T-1's back from Moon Audio   Zombie offered to do these at a great price and I was impatient, was going to send them to Moon Audio ASAP which of course I didn't do.  Sorry Z!  I have a Woo WA22 and the XLR 4 pin is a much better connection period.  The TRS was wobbly in the WA22 (Jack Wu told me some of the jacks are just the tiniest bit smaller in dia and thus wobble.  I have no idea if this is indeed correct).

 

I would report here if I noticed a difference but at the same time I bought a new Wyred4Sound DAC2.  The T-1's, WA22, and W4S DAC2 sound incredible!  And I have about 3 hours only on the DAC and need a total of 200 to get it really broken in!

 

I do recommend the 4-pin XLR.  I debated on that or the twin 3-pin XLR's but this is much cleaner looking, works just the same, and is just as cool looking!

post #335 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post

hello :) i've got a question, how would these cans sound with Burson HA-160D, anyone tried that combo ?


I wouldn't bother...around the worst synergistic pairing I've come across. As much as I enjoy my T1s...I might not have bought them in the first place if that was the pairing I auditioned them on.

These 600 ohm cans really excel with good quality OTL amps that can swing the voltage to power them.
post #336 of 10479

i see, thanks for the reply :)

post #337 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post

i see, thanks for the reply :)


Just wanted to confirm, I think the Burson amp is one impressive amp with the other headphones I heard it with (HD650 and K701), but the synergy wasn't there with the T1s for some reason.
post #338 of 10479

My T1s (#2132) are Sooooo nice with my B52 amp. They are just in stock form, single-ended. The little upper treble bite I hear with solid state amps just disappears, and they have controlled bass,

sweet fluid but detailed mids, vocals with great substance and texture and roundedness, and just right highs. I listened to my Carole King Tapestry SACD  a day ago and the B52/T1 just nailed the

music perfectly. I've been listening to Tapestry for 30+ years with speakers and phones and this may be as satisfying as I have heard it.

The T1s get that lower mid range with rock solid stability that is pretty rare. So I think the T1s are best with tubes. I've got lots of phones but I'm loving my T1s more and more.

I like them better than my LCD2s because of that great stability that gives them a sense of realism and groundedness with no wow and flutter.

They are not the last word for soundstaging but they do the job more than adequately. The tonality is in Goldilocks region: not too rough and not too shiny/overpolished either. This really suits me right.

Just silky enough.

My source is an EMM cd player.


Edited by rgs9200m - 3/27/11 at 7:05pm
post #339 of 10479

Hi there!

I'm a long time Head Fi reader but new poster around here being not so confident with my english skills.

 

Anyway I just wanted to share my happiness of being an owner of those gorgeous T1 for almost half a year now.

 

I'm more and more amazed by the dynamic and the versatility of the T1. Jazz fan but listening to several type of music, the T1 are doing the deal perfectly for me. I think they deserve more love around here. L3000.gif

For the record I had the chance to try other high end headphones as HD800 (impressive headphone but not my cup of tea) or O2mk2(love them) but the T1 suits me better.

post #340 of 10479

Yeah Mr. Banana, I agree. What do you like about their sound?

post #341 of 10479

Welcome as a head-writer :-)


1) Why do you love the O2 and prefer the T1? 

 

2) What amping do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Banana View Post

Hi there!

I'm a long time Head Fi reader but new poster around here being not so confident with my english skills.

 

Anyway I just wanted to share my happiness of being an owner of those gorgeous T1 for almost half a year now.

 

I'm more and more amazed by the dynamic and the versatility of the T1. Jazz fan but listening to several type of music, the T1 are doing the deal perfectly for me. I think they deserve more love around here. L3000.gif

For the record I had the chance to try other high end headphones as HD800 (impressive headphone but not my cup of tea) or O2mk2(love them) but the T1 suits me better.



 

post #342 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

Welcome as a head-writer :-)


1) Why do you love the O2 and prefer the T1? 

 

2) What amping do you do?



 



1/ I love the tonal balance very organic and enjoyable of the O2, their big soundstage very nice for big musical formations, and the amount of detail (best headphone i've ever heard in that regard). But I prefer by a narrow margin the very neutral balance of the T1, the dynamic and impact, and the more intimist soundstage but still big of the T1 (I listen to a lot of jazz trio). I feel the TI more involving and a little bit more versatile in my opinion. But as I really love the O2 too, they are my most wanted headphone. Maybe I'll get one in the future.


2/ I use a meier concerto (with a stagedac) and I really enjoy this very neutral and detailed setting. I heard a lot of time that tubes are better for T1 but I didn't take this way for convenient reasons. Maybe one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs9200m View Post

Yeah Mr. Banana, I agree. What do you like about their sound?


As said before, I like how they can handle every kind of music, the neutrality (just the right amount of everything to my teaste), the dynamic, the non fatigue aspect even during very long listening session In that regard I love T1's treble. I used to have a RS1 which had this kind of textured treble but I couldn't heard them for very long time because of the fatigue and ended selling them. The T1 gives me a similar enjoyment in the treble without the fatigue.

post #343 of 10479

x2

 

Totally agree the T1's are superb. I love their speed,detail and clarity.

 

Very even handed sound that brings music alive!!

post #344 of 10479

Hey Mr. Banana, Funny you should mention the RS1 vs. T1, because the RS1s were my main phone for a long while (with flats to calm them down and for comfort),

and I had *exactly* the same experience--nice natural mids but splashy highs that led to fatigue after a few songs. Now the T1s are just balanced-sounding top to bottom

and with that no-fatigue factor. As I said, the only negative is some bite on top but the tubes deal with that nicely on my B52.

 

I feel the B52/T1 match may be the best phone-amp match I have owned (of very many).

 

The main thing I like is a realistic tonality. The are not too liquid not too dry, not to punchy but not too distant or recessed.

And there is a firm grip on the lower mids/upper bass that is superior even to HD800s.

And the grip/control factor is very welcome and makes them superior for me than any of the orthodynamics, which have a bit of "wooziness" in  the bass-to-mids.

 

There is something about the vocals and midrange instruments (like woodwinds and many strings) that just sounds more "right" on the T1s than any other phones

I have or had, and that even includes R10s (bass-lights). The sound is a nice balance of easygoing & impactful (is that a word?).

 

Again, the soundstage is not huge or cavernous, but I kind of don't care given the great tonality.

Comfort is superb, too. They are light and soft.

 


Edited by rgs9200m - 3/31/11 at 7:08am
post #345 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs9200m View Post

Hey Mr. Banana, Funny you should mention the RS1 vs. T1, because the RS1s were my main phone for a long while (with flats to calm them down and for comfort),

and I had *exactly* the same experience--nice natural mids but splashy highs that led to fatigue after a few songs. Now the T1s are just balanced-sounding top to bottom

and with that no-fatigue factor. As I said, the only negative is some bite on top but the tubes deal with that nicely on my B52.

 

I feel the B52/T1 match may be the best phone-amp match I have owned (of very many).

 

The main thing I like is a realistic tonality. The are not too liquid not too dry, not to punchy but not too distant or recessed.

And there is a firm grip on the lower mids/upper bass that is superior even to HD800s.

And the grip/control factor is very welcome and makes them superior for me than any of the orthodynamics, which have a bit of "wooziness" in  the bass-to-mids.

 

There is something about the vocals and midrange instruments (like woodwinds and many strings) that just sounds more "right" on the T1s than any other phones

I have or had, and that even includes R10s (bass-lights). The sound is a nice balance of easygoing & impactful (is that a word?).

 

Again, the soundstage is not huge or cavernous, but I kind of don't care given the great tonality.

Comfort is superb, too. They are light and soft.

 


I have owned the RS1s and RS1is for the past few years and my T1s since Feb. 2010. There really is no comparison here. I am on the record as a big RS1 fan (and I am), but I did sell off my RS1is + MAD Ear+HD (best amp I've heard with Grados) to fund my HE-6s + Lyr and I am not regretting it in any way.

The T1s are a neutral world class pair of headphones (and the HE-6s for that matter). The RS1s are great "fun" headphones that work incredibly well with rock/jazz/metal. But (and it's a big one), performing a frequency sweep with the RS1s, you really hear how poorly they perform in the low bass region (barely audible) when compared to the T1s. Their treble (RS1s) is over emphasized and they have a pretty big mid-bass hump. The T1s go down to 20Hz and are flat right through. Though their treble is rolled off at higher frequencies.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that the RS1s are fun cans, and not on the same plain as the T1s. YMMV, just my 2 cents..yada yada yada. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread