or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 177

post #2641 of 10479
Thread Starter 

The treble is slightly sibilant on the T5p so far. It's not like DT990 treble at all, but more like DT880 treble.

 

The bass is like that of the T1 but has more impact and reaches deeper. I don't know why people call it bass light, it certainly is not bass light. It's no bass monster at all but is pretty competent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

how much edgier treble and how much bass ? kinda like a refined 990?


Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

I thought the T5p was supposed to be bass light?

post #2642 of 10479

oh ok. thanks!

 

and yeah kinda surprised on the bass, i thought the T5p where supposed to be bright and bassless lol

 

wish the T1s had leather pads like them.  i was thinking the other day, when the cushions on the T1 wear out, where do i get a replacement?


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 6/14/12 at 3:20pm
post #2643 of 10479
Thread Starter 

Yo,

 

The T5p is bright but not as bad as many make them out to be. They are as bright as a DT880/600Ohm. Their bass is about the same as the T1 but deeper.

 

The T1 uses the black DT990 velour cushions. Even the DT880 pads are the same. So you can order them from B&H or beyerdynamic directly.

 

IMG_0558.JPG

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

oh ok. thanks!

 

and yeah kinda surprised on the bass, i thought the T5p where supposed to be bright and bassless lol

 

wish the T1s had leather pads like them.  i was thinking the other day, when the cushions on the T1 wear out, where do i get a replacement?


Edited by Zombie_X - 6/16/12 at 9:55pm
post #2644 of 10479

So last week ago me and my crew found that one of our T1s has impedance imbalance, the different is around 40 ohm.

 

When we tested it, for songs with very few instrument the difference is almost non exist, but when the complex passage come I think I can hear the imbalance sound.

 

I wonder, actually how much amount of impedance needed to make imbalance sound? 

post #2645 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

So last week ago me and my crew found that one of our T1s has impedance imbalance, the different is around 40 ohm.

 

When we tested it, for songs with very few instrument the difference is almost non exist, but when the complex passage come I think I can hear the imbalance sound.

 

I wonder, actually how much amount of impedance needed to make imbalance sound? 

 

Try using this in conjunction with a SPL meter (or your ears) to see if/what imbalances might exist:
 

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

post #2646 of 10479

By some bizarre accident, I came upon the T1 for $592 as an open box return or something, so I snapped it up. I'm getting a tube amp and Mullard tube to drive it (never had a tube amp before). I would get a Woo WA2 for it, if it weren't so expensive...

post #2647 of 10479

Congrats! I think you're going to like it. It's an awesome hp.

post #2648 of 10479

Thanks! I'm very impressed by my DT880s so I feel like it's an easier jump to the T1 since I have some familiarity with Beyer. I've only had the HD555 from Senn and never tried anything else from them (though I've been itching to hear the 650). Not enough hi-fi stores in San Diego to be able to audition easily. You will never see the same kinds of deals in store though. I got my DT880 for $155, like-new. 

post #2649 of 10479

Personally I think the T1 is better balanced than the HD-650. I felt while the 650 was great with certain types of music the T1 is a much better hp. I just sold my 650 a few weeks ago.

post #2650 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlexsparkee View Post

Thanks! I'm very impressed by my DT880s so I feel like it's an easier jump to the T1 since I have some familiarity with Beyer. I've only had the HD555 from Senn and never tried anything else from them (though I've been itching to hear the 650). Not enough hi-fi stores in San Diego to be able to audition easily. You will never see the same kinds of deals in store though. I got my DT880 for $155, like-new. 

 

Wow, I"m going to call you next time I need a great deal on some headphones! You seem to have a knack for that :)

post #2651 of 10479

As an audiophile, it requires the utmost discipline :D

 

I also sell old gear to pay for the new, so it's not as big of a price shock. It kinda sucks though, because finding good deals is very time consuming, esp. a waste of time spent in front of the computer. I'm hoping my new set-up will stop my compulsive checking of threads and allow me to just enjoy my music. Even with my level of frugality, I always wonder what the next upgrade will be like (and I'm rather tame about audio spending by head-fi standards)...

post #2652 of 10479

Well for what it's worth, you made an excellent choice...and I really think you'll consider the T1s a nice step up from the 880s. I heard differing opinions on that when I was in the market for my pair, and Zombie_X assured me the T1s were a very noticeable improvement. I ended up coming to the very same conclusion and have enjoyed them immensely since I picked them up. I hope you'll let us know how you like them once you get them in!  And you're on the right track with tubes, as well. I love how they sound with my Meier amp, but having a tube buffer in the signal path really allowed them to shine. 

post #2653 of 10479

No, I'm definitely convinced about the headphone choice, just not the amplifier choice. I looked for countless hours at Darkvoice, Woo, Beyer A1, Burson, Grace, Audio gd... Most of them were just too expensive for me to consider since I just bought the T1. Of course, I may upgrade later but I went with the Bellari HA540: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5049/5266804884_0e3b9d2220_b.jpg

Apparently, it can drive headphones up to 2000 ohms, as unbelievable as that sounds. It was $250 plus $17 for the tube, so we'll see how that works out.

post #2654 of 10479

Very interesting amp! 

post #2655 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlexsparkee View Post

No, I'm definitely convinced about the headphone choice, just not the amplifier choice. I looked for countless hours at Darkvoice, Woo, Beyer A1, Burson, Grace, Audio gd... Most of them were just too expensive for me to consider since I just bought the T1. Of course, I may upgrade later but I went with the Bellari HA540: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5049/5266804884_0e3b9d2220_b.jpg

Apparently, it can drive headphones up to 2000 ohms, as unbelievable as that sounds. It was $250 plus $17 for the tube, so we'll see how that works out.

It's not unbelievable. Technically, a Fiio E5 could drive 2000 ohms. Or an iPod. What really matters is how much power can they put into that level of resistance.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread