or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 150

post #2236 of 10479

 

Quote:

On first listen, the T1s are notably better than the DT880s (600). The low end is so good that it's startling. The crispness and "kick" of the drums is really making an impact. Vocals are unbelievably clear and natural. Sound stage isn't huge, but it seems right. (I really can't get over the bass....wow!).  This is a much bigger difference than I anticipated...seems like several people told me that they were not a HUGE step up from the 880s, but I'm actually finding them to be well worth the price premium so far. Im going to let them play for a few hours while I head out to dinner and a movie and then will do some more listening when I get home.

 

The T1s are exceeding expectations so far, though.

Really? I felt that the imaging and soundstage were superb, but I could get over the bass...the bass was quite lacking. :/  Btw, my headphone has be recabled with Moon Audio Black Dragon cable.

 

Maybe in time, I will learn to love it as much as my D7000. I hope I can obtain the same feeling that you have, but for now, it will be strictly used for movies and classical music.

post #2237 of 10479


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i really miss my T1, gonna call monday and see why its been almost 3 months now....



: / something is wrong , peraphs headphone's God is a misogynist : / like me evil_smiley.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i have dt 990 and the T1 is a huge step up.

 

LCD-2 and HD 800 are right in the same ball-park too. the improvement is definitely noticeable and worth it imo. ended up selling my hd 650 and grado sr325 so far.

 

gonna sell dt 990 and maybe k701 next.



Soo you will only focus on more high end phones ? No DT-880 testing ? 


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 3/24/12 at 8:06pm
post #2238 of 10479

Did you send them directly to Beyerdynamic?  Usually, the manufacturer has only one or two repair guys on site; it could take forever to get something fixed.  That's why many manufacturers authorize other dealers and shops to do a lot of warranty work.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i really miss my T1, gonna call monday and see why its been almost 3 months now....



 

post #2239 of 10479

Its been 3 months already? I remember when you first posted about sending it off. That sucks dear, I'd be depressed without my T1s for that long.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i really miss my T1, gonna call monday and see why its been almost 3 months now....



 

post #2240 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroakuma View Post

 

Really? I felt that the imaging and soundstage were superb, but I could get over the bass...the bass was quite lacking. :/  Btw, my headphone has be recabled with Moon Audio Black Dragon cable.

 

Maybe in time, I will learn to love it as much as my D7000. I hope I can obtain the same feeling that you have, but for now, it will be strictly used for movies and classical music.



That just boggles my mind about the bass lol...what sort of gear were you using? I cannot imagine anyone would find these headphones lacking in the low end. Many people consider the Atrio M5 (MG7 driver) really bass heavy IEMs, and the T1s blow them out of the water! I know it's not apples to apples, but I don't have as much experience with multiple headphones and IEMs like some of you guys. I must be getting some really solid synergy with my Meier amp or something, cause the bass is absolutely stunning. I was telling ZombieX that I'm accustomed to planar bass with my Magnepans, and the quality I'm hearing in the T1s is damn near as good. I ran through some Deadmau5, Pretty Lights, Skrillex, and Massive Attack tonight and it was all thumpin' and kickin' like I couldn't believe. There's just no way we're hearing the same thing....it must be a difference in gear or something...

 

And if you never feel this way about the T1s, at least you have another world class headphone that is more your style. I have yet to hear any of the better Denon models, but from what I've read they are great phones.  When I first started looking into portable audio and headphones, I got all caught up in "which one should I buy??"  I went back and forth, up and down, and back again trying to make a decision. Then I saw that lots of people didn't have just one pair of headphones...they had lots, and if they didn't like something they had a pretty easy time selling it here or elsewhere. I can't do that with speakers, but with headphones it's easy. Don't like headphone A? Go with B. Maybe try C for a while and then consider D thru F in a few months. It's the most fun you can have with clothes on :)

 

post #2241 of 10479
Thread Starter 

Wow, you still don't have them back? Hell, I'm sorry to hear that. I would call them up and find out what's going on.

 

Dubstep Girl, gotta ask you, you a big fan of Elfen Lied? I love the manga and found the show to be so-so. I actually hated the ending of the TV show... I recently picked up all the volumes of the manga from a local import store. This stuff is seriously testing my Japanese skills, which are a bit rusty, but I can read the majority of it...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i really miss my T1, gonna call monday and see why its been almost 3 months now....



 

post #2242 of 10479

 

Quote:

That just boggles my mind about the bass lol...what sort of gear were you using? I cannot imagine anyone would find these headphones lacking in the low end. Many people consider the Atrio M5 (MG7 driver) really bass heavy IEMs, and the T1s blow them out of the water! I know it's not apples to apples, but I don't have as much experience with multiple headphones and IEMs like some of you guys. I must be getting some really solid synergy with my Meier amp or something, cause the bass is absolutely stunning. I was telling ZombieX that I'm accustomed to planar bass with my Magnepans, and the quality I'm hearing in the T1s is damn near as good. I ran through some Deadmau5, Pretty Lights, Skrillex, and Massive Attack tonight and it was all thumpin' and kickin' like I couldn't believe. There's just no way we're hearing the same thing....it must be a difference in gear or something...

 

No...it's because the headphone is semi open, that the bass is not as thumping as a D7000, which happens to be a closed can. Then again, I bought the headphone because it was the best neutral open headphone on the market. The headphone is AMAZING with classical music, pop, and techno songs. Running the T1 through several hip hop songs, did show that the bass was quite lacking. It just doesn't compare to my Audio Technicas or my D7000, but then again, it's an open headphone.

 

post #2243 of 10479


I'm typically not one to rely heavily on FR graphs, but this seems to contradict what you're hearing, doesn't it?
comparison.png

 

comparison2.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroakuma View Post

 

No...it's because the headphone is semi open, that the bass is not as thumping as a D7000, which happens to be a closed can. Then again, I bought the headphone because it was the best neutral open headphone on the market. The headphone is AMAZING with classical music, pop, and techno songs. Running the T1 through several hip hop songs, did show that the bass was quite lacking. It just doesn't compare to my Audio Technicas or my D7000, but then again, it's an open headphone.

 



 

 


Edited by Focker - 3/24/12 at 11:51pm
post #2244 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post


I'm typically not one to rely heavily on FR graphs, but this seems to contradict what you're hearing, doesn't it?
comparison.png

 

comparison2.png



 

 


In regards to the D7000 vs T1, from the graphs my hypothesis is the D7000's massive valley between the 1kHz-4kHz range and the lack of that treble peak gives the illusion that the bass is stronger to the ears.

post #2245 of 10479

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the T1's bass if a suitable amp is used.

Being 600 ohms means they have different requirements than most other phones

post #2246 of 10479

I should be getting my T1's tomorrow... I'm so excited... yay!

post #2247 of 10479

Quite a long wait, isn't it? ;]

post #2248 of 10479

Yes. One week is more than enough.

post #2249 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the T1's bass if a suitable amp is used.

Being 600 ohms means they have different requirements than most other phones



Are you using the Woo amp for your T1s? As I was doing my research here, it seems that many people loved the combination of the T1s with the Woo gear. On top of that, it's some of the most beautiful gear on the market, in my opinion.

 

Late last night and into this morning, I couldn' stop listening to the T1s even though it was really getting late. I won't use some of the tired cliches about how I heard details in my music that I had never heard before, but I found myself listening to older music that I NEVER listen to. Some of it just sounded ridiculously good, most notably Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean". On some other tracks, you could even hear aspects of the recording environment caught on the recording. There were a few discs where you could tell that they were recording in an environment where there was some reverberation or an echo type effect present. Almost  like how it sounds when you're in a bathroom or some other place where when you sing you can clearly hear your voice echoing in the room as you perform. You can actually hear it in the recording and the details are there in spades.

post #2250 of 10479

 

Quote:
In regards to the D7000 vs T1, from the graphs my hypothesis is the D7000's massive valley between the 1kHz-4kHz range and the lack of that treble peak gives the illusion that the bass is stronger to the ears.

Maybe that is the case. I'll give it more test runs, but even with the frequency graph as proof, I doubt I might find the T1's bass to my liking.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread