Not really sure. Björk's Hunter and Opeth's Ghost of Perdition. In Hunter the bass samples reach deeper and sound fuller. In Ghost- you can feel the kick drum as if you felt the impact in the room it is played. The one that you think can cause you heart palpatations in long run.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 145post #2161 of 104783/4/12 at 7:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2162 of 104783/4/12 at 10:05amThread Starter
I have all the Opeth albums and I have to agree on how the bass sounds. Most of the Opeth stuff is mastered quite well, but others not so well.
Quote:Originally Posted by Kirnupiima
Not really sure. Björk's Hunter and Opeth's Ghost of Perdition. In Hunter the bass samples reach deeper and sound fuller. In Ghost- you can feel the kick drum as if you felt the impact in the room it is played. The one that you think can cause you heart palpatations in long run.post #2163 of 104783/4/12 at 10:15amThread Starter
Sorry for the late reply and double post,
They both sound similar, yet they don't. The V200 is warmer with a smaller soundstage, slightly rolled treble, more pronounced bass. The V200 is a lot more detailed and the sound is very pleasing. It has really good dynamics. The WA3+ is warm, though not as much as the V200. The WA3+'s soundstage is bigger, the treble is a tad less rolled off, the mids aren't as colored, the bass is rounded and full but not the same as the V200's. The WA3+ also is a tad less detailed and more forgiving. The dynamics are still great though not as good as the V200.
The V200 is the more versatile amp and can drive a wider range of headphone compared to the OTL WA3+. The WA3+ is only good for driving headphones of 150Ohms or more as it specializes in voltage output, not current.
I find the T1 to be driven better by the V200, but the WA3+ is no slouch at all. Both are good amps so I would recommend you make the choice based on the sound you want.
Quote:post #2164 of 104783/4/12 at 1:36pmpost #2165 of 104783/5/12 at 1:21amQuote:
I'm glad we are now talking about pretty much the same headphone <3post #2166 of 104783/6/12 at 5:13pm
so i have an Audio-GD NFB-12 and am contemplating T-1s later this year.
1) i have LA2000s and like them (although mids are their greatest weakness). can anyone comment on how different the sound signature of the T-1s would be and in what ways? (also i have owned DT990/600s so that would also be a good comparison)
2) thoughts on driving the T-1s with an NFB-12?
thanks guys!post #2167 of 104783/7/12 at 5:57am
If it's any help, I have, and love, the Denon D7000's. In comparison however, the T1's have a better midrange, greater detail and transparency, and are overall more balanced in their sonic presentation (although many of us still think the top end could be tamed a bit-- hence its recommended pairing with amps that are darker or not too bright). I love both headphones, and find them to be a complementary pairing of high quality.post #2168 of 104783/7/12 at 6:39ampost #2169 of 104783/7/12 at 6:57ampost #2170 of 104783/7/12 at 7:23am
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of T1's. They should be here tomorrow.
Hoping they pair alright with my HA-160D, I've heard some mixed reviews on that (Good and Bad). Anyone here use the T1's with the Burson 160D?post #2171 of 104783/7/12 at 1:48pmpost #2172 of 104783/8/12 at 1:21am
I tried using T1s with HA-160D and even though it did not sound good it sounded much, much better with a tube amp.post #2173 of 104783/8/12 at 3:21am
I used the T1s with the HA160 for a few months and its a decent combo. Very detailed/analytical sound compared to a tube amp but the problem is the midrange can sound slightly thin. Definitely decent though without being spectacular.post #2174 of 104783/8/12 at 11:19am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 23 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 9 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › Lavricables Pure Silver lightning (Chord Hugo/Mojo) interconnect ... 10 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Asura 2.0 Impressions & Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear