Not really sure. Björk's Hunter and Opeth's Ghost of Perdition. In Hunter the bass samples reach deeper and sound fuller. In Ghost- you can feel the kick drum as if you felt the impact in the room it is played. The one that you think can cause you heart palpatations in long run.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 145post #2161 of 105123/4/12 at 7:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2162 of 105123/4/12 at 10:05amThread Starter
I have all the Opeth albums and I have to agree on how the bass sounds. Most of the Opeth stuff is mastered quite well, but others not so well.
Quote:Originally Posted by Kirnupiima
Not really sure. Björk's Hunter and Opeth's Ghost of Perdition. In Hunter the bass samples reach deeper and sound fuller. In Ghost- you can feel the kick drum as if you felt the impact in the room it is played. The one that you think can cause you heart palpatations in long run.post #2163 of 105123/4/12 at 10:15amThread Starter
Sorry for the late reply and double post,
They both sound similar, yet they don't. The V200 is warmer with a smaller soundstage, slightly rolled treble, more pronounced bass. The V200 is a lot more detailed and the sound is very pleasing. It has really good dynamics. The WA3+ is warm, though not as much as the V200. The WA3+'s soundstage is bigger, the treble is a tad less rolled off, the mids aren't as colored, the bass is rounded and full but not the same as the V200's. The WA3+ also is a tad less detailed and more forgiving. The dynamics are still great though not as good as the V200.
The V200 is the more versatile amp and can drive a wider range of headphone compared to the OTL WA3+. The WA3+ is only good for driving headphones of 150Ohms or more as it specializes in voltage output, not current.
I find the T1 to be driven better by the V200, but the WA3+ is no slouch at all. Both are good amps so I would recommend you make the choice based on the sound you want.
Quote:post #2164 of 105123/4/12 at 1:36pmpost #2165 of 105123/5/12 at 1:21amQuote:
I'm glad we are now talking about pretty much the same headphone <3post #2166 of 105123/6/12 at 5:13pm
so i have an Audio-GD NFB-12 and am contemplating T-1s later this year.
1) i have LA2000s and like them (although mids are their greatest weakness). can anyone comment on how different the sound signature of the T-1s would be and in what ways? (also i have owned DT990/600s so that would also be a good comparison)
2) thoughts on driving the T-1s with an NFB-12?
thanks guys!post #2167 of 105123/7/12 at 5:57am
If it's any help, I have, and love, the Denon D7000's. In comparison however, the T1's have a better midrange, greater detail and transparency, and are overall more balanced in their sonic presentation (although many of us still think the top end could be tamed a bit-- hence its recommended pairing with amps that are darker or not too bright). I love both headphones, and find them to be a complementary pairing of high quality.post #2168 of 105123/7/12 at 6:39ampost #2169 of 105123/7/12 at 6:57ampost #2170 of 105123/7/12 at 7:23am
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of T1's. They should be here tomorrow.
Hoping they pair alright with my HA-160D, I've heard some mixed reviews on that (Good and Bad). Anyone here use the T1's with the Burson 160D?post #2171 of 105123/7/12 at 1:48pmpost #2172 of 105123/8/12 at 1:21am
I tried using T1s with HA-160D and even though it did not sound good it sounded much, much better with a tube amp.post #2173 of 105123/8/12 at 3:21am
I used the T1s with the HA160 for a few months and its a decent combo. Very detailed/analytical sound compared to a tube amp but the problem is the midrange can sound slightly thin. Definitely decent though without being spectacular.post #2174 of 105123/8/12 at 11:19am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones like LCD 3 but are more comfortable and have more... 9 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sony MH1 alternative 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear