Not really sure. Björk's Hunter and Opeth's Ghost of Perdition. In Hunter the bass samples reach deeper and sound fuller. In Ghost- you can feel the kick drum as if you felt the impact in the room it is played. The one that you think can cause you heart palpatations in long run.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Xiaomi have always been ahead of it's time in budget high quality earphones and smarthphone, their goal look like to make accessible for the mass products that was only accessible for wealthy...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 145post #2161 of 105533/4/12 at 7:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2162 of 105533/4/12 at 10:05amThread Starter
I have all the Opeth albums and I have to agree on how the bass sounds. Most of the Opeth stuff is mastered quite well, but others not so well.
Quote:Originally Posted by Kirnupiima
Not really sure. Björk's Hunter and Opeth's Ghost of Perdition. In Hunter the bass samples reach deeper and sound fuller. In Ghost- you can feel the kick drum as if you felt the impact in the room it is played. The one that you think can cause you heart palpatations in long run.post #2163 of 105533/4/12 at 10:15amThread Starter
Sorry for the late reply and double post,
They both sound similar, yet they don't. The V200 is warmer with a smaller soundstage, slightly rolled treble, more pronounced bass. The V200 is a lot more detailed and the sound is very pleasing. It has really good dynamics. The WA3+ is warm, though not as much as the V200. The WA3+'s soundstage is bigger, the treble is a tad less rolled off, the mids aren't as colored, the bass is rounded and full but not the same as the V200's. The WA3+ also is a tad less detailed and more forgiving. The dynamics are still great though not as good as the V200.
The V200 is the more versatile amp and can drive a wider range of headphone compared to the OTL WA3+. The WA3+ is only good for driving headphones of 150Ohms or more as it specializes in voltage output, not current.
I find the T1 to be driven better by the V200, but the WA3+ is no slouch at all. Both are good amps so I would recommend you make the choice based on the sound you want.
Quote:post #2164 of 105533/4/12 at 1:36pmpost #2165 of 105533/5/12 at 1:21amQuote:
I'm glad we are now talking about pretty much the same headphone <3post #2166 of 105533/6/12 at 5:13pm
so i have an Audio-GD NFB-12 and am contemplating T-1s later this year.
1) i have LA2000s and like them (although mids are their greatest weakness). can anyone comment on how different the sound signature of the T-1s would be and in what ways? (also i have owned DT990/600s so that would also be a good comparison)
2) thoughts on driving the T-1s with an NFB-12?
thanks guys!post #2167 of 105533/7/12 at 5:57am
If it's any help, I have, and love, the Denon D7000's. In comparison however, the T1's have a better midrange, greater detail and transparency, and are overall more balanced in their sonic presentation (although many of us still think the top end could be tamed a bit-- hence its recommended pairing with amps that are darker or not too bright). I love both headphones, and find them to be a complementary pairing of high quality.post #2168 of 105533/7/12 at 6:39ampost #2169 of 105533/7/12 at 6:57ampost #2170 of 105533/7/12 at 7:23am
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of T1's. They should be here tomorrow.
Hoping they pair alright with my HA-160D, I've heard some mixed reviews on that (Good and Bad). Anyone here use the T1's with the Burson 160D?post #2171 of 105533/7/12 at 1:48pmpost #2172 of 105533/8/12 at 1:21am
I tried using T1s with HA-160D and even though it did not sound good it sounded much, much better with a tube amp.post #2173 of 105533/8/12 at 3:21am
I used the T1s with the HA160 for a few months and its a decent combo. Very detailed/analytical sound compared to a tube amp but the problem is the midrange can sound slightly thin. Definitely decent though without being spectacular.post #2174 of 105533/8/12 at 11:19am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews,... 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Do I need an amp/usb soundcard for my headphones/headset? 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Beat Audio Signal by mrazik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear