or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 140

post #2086 of 10477

these also help keep T1 clean:

EDT Cotton Ear Seals

post #2087 of 10477
Thread Starter 

It's not dandruf ;) Only lint and dust.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
Zom get all the dandruff off your pads dudeL3000.gif


 

post #2088 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

The velour on the T1's always bloody collect dust lol. I actually use those sticky roller things on them, the one's you're supposed to use on suits, shirts, clothes etc. Works like a charm. A couple of minutes with those and my pads are spotless.

 

This thing.

 

bastis-lint-roller__66902_PE180389_S4.jpg

 

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60109436/

 

Make sure you buy one that has easy to remove strips like the Ikea one's, otherwise it's a nightmare finding the last tear end each time, just like you have to with cellotape!


you can get them at walmart too. 

 

best invention ever, i always clean my hd 650 pads with them since they attract dust the most. the beyer pads i don't like to use with lint rollers becasue the hairs get ripped off and i think it'll wear down the pads (the dt 990 pads, not the t1 pads, those are very nice)

 

post #2089 of 10477

I made sure to go over mine with one of the rollers a few time before the meet this past weekend. I use the T1s bedside and they get feathers from the pillows all over them. Speaking of the meet, I fell in love with the T1 all over again on musicman59's WA5-LE. I think I have to get one now.

post #2090 of 10477

I've now spent about 15-20 hours of burn in on my T1 using the Valhalla as an amplifier and wanted to make a brief comparison between the T1 and the DT990/600.

 

I've found that the T1 is definitely the superior headphone. Soundstage is more accurate and the imaging is more precise on the T1. I feel the the T1 can keep up with the speed of the music and keep it very enjoyable. The T1 is also better with detail retrieval to my ears. The only thing I prefer from the DT990 is the comfort and the bass. DT990 velour seems a little softer/ the angled drivers in the T1 protrude a bit and make the headphone not quite as comfortable. The bass on the T1 is very accurate and feels very tight. The DT990 just has more of a punch to the bass on it that I tend to prefer sometimes.

 

I'm still going to continue to let these burn in more but I've yet to have a WOW moment with the T1. However, I am impressed with the T1 as I've yet to find a genre or track that the T1 doesn't replicate accurately and handle well. It seems to be a very well rounded headphone that is accurate and detailed that can be used with nearly any genre... Something I truly appreciate as I tend to vary in genre from moment to moment. (I typically listen to Jazz and 60's rock but occasionally some bluegrass/rap/electro-house/psy-trance.)

 

I'm interested to see if the CSP2+ changes the dynamic of the mix. :)

 

Just thought I'd post my initial impressions. So far, the T1 is a keeper. :)

 

Oh yeah... the DT990 definitely wins in the battle against dust/dandruff as the T1 shows it ALL!

post #2091 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbususer View Post

I've now spent about 15-20 hours of burn in on my T1 using the Valhalla as an amplifier and wanted to make a brief comparison between the T1 and the DT990/600.......


 

I agree with you on this since i own both headphones and power them out of the WA2.

 

The bass on the T1 is cleaner and very slightly less in impact compared to the DT 990, however, i wouldn't call it "tight". its well controlled, but its still kinda loose IMO. its very similar in quality and style as the dt 990, just a little better. 

 

the T1 seem to have slightly more distant mids than the DT 990, they sound very similar overall, but i keep them both because the DT 990 is still fun for some songs.

 

 

btw, how does the valhalla do with powering both headphones?

post #2092 of 10477


I can't speak to the 990, but I basically only use my Valhalla for the T1. It doesn't not compare to a WA5, but it was 10% the price. I have a few other amps, but I still go back to the Schiit amp. I never have to turn the knob too far to get good listening levels either. Depending on the track, I tend to listen a little loud too. I never feel like the amp is stressed to produce music either.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

btw, how does the valhalla do with powering both headphones?



 

post #2093 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post


I can't speak to the 990, but I basically only use my Valhalla for the T1. It doesn't not compare to a WA5, but it was 10% the price. I have a few other amps, but I still go back to the Schiit amp. I never have to turn the knob too far to get good listening levels either. Depending on the track, I tend to listen a little loud too. I never feel like the amp is stressed to produce music either.
 



 


 

 

kk thanks

 

 

would be interesting to see how the valhalla compares to other mid-fi amps like my WA2.

 

post #2094 of 10477

What music player do you Mac using T1 users use? I've been doing a lot of testing lately between Amarra, Pure Music, Fidelia and Audirvana. There are definitely audible differences, even if they are subtle. Though you could argue that Amarra actually sounds quite noticeably different to Pure Music on closer inspection and strict A/B testing.

post #2095 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

What music player do you Mac using T1 users use? I've been doing a lot of testing lately between Amarra, Pure Music, Fidelia and Audirvana. There are definitely audible differences, even if they are subtle. Though you could argue that Amarra actually sounds quite noticeably different to Pure Music on closer inspection and strict A/B testing.



You should ask SilentOne for info on this. he has alot of experience with playing around with all the different options available for mac. he doesn't own the T1, but im sure he will still provide useful info!

post #2096 of 10477

I'm currently just using Clementine on my iMac for music playing as I like the library style feature and I find it quite nice. (I haven't tried the others, though.... I did try Cog but every few songs it gave me unbearable white noise/static that was deafening!)

 

The valhalla powers both headphones quite well. I have not had to push the knob past the 12 o;clock position yet and I tend to listen a bit louder than I believe most do. I will compare the valhalla with the CSP2+ when it arrives. Also, I agree with your assessment of the differences in bass between the two. I've yet to master the audiophile vernacular yet... :P

 

It's so late but I just can't put the T1 down and go to sleep! There is always just one more album I want to listen to! :P

post #2097 of 10477


I fall alseep with mine on a lot. dt880smile.png
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbususer View Post

 

It's so late but I just can't put the T1 down and go to sleep! There is always just one more album I want to listen to! :P



 

post #2098 of 10477

29c0921a5d0b11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

 

Now to decide whether I want to add a HD800 to the mix.

post #2099 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

29c0921a5d0b11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

 

Now to decide whether I want to add a HD800 to the mix.


Do it! wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post


 

 

kk thanks

 

 

would be interesting to see how the valhalla compares to other mid-fi amps like my WA2.

 


$350 vs $1200. Not sure they're intended to be in the same class...
post #2100 of 10477

#6700 reporting for duty!

 

I've so far only got a Grado 225 to compare to and I'm using Icon HDP as the amp. Cavalli's Bijou tube amp is on the works though!

 

So far seems that I'm liking this purchase quite a lot.redface.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread