or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 139

post #2071 of 10478

M-Stage Matrix pairs with the T1 nicely and would probably be one of the most cost efficient ways to properly drive them.

post #2072 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly View Post

 

Wow, fantastic post.  Extremely constructive and helpful. rolleyes.gif

 

Where's the rule that says you must spend above a certain amount on an amp if your headphones cost $1000?  Also, notice that he said "for now."  It's actually a good idea to get the dream headphones first and slowly figure out and build the system behind it.

 

 


you are helping him, plenty.  nice

 

a 1000 headphone is somewhat overprice and a 1000 setup could sound incredible already. 

 

 

maybe a used darkvoice 336 can do the job?  i use my darkvoice 337 sometimes with t1 and it does sound nice. 

 

 

 

 

post #2073 of 10478

@Swiss, the new upcoming ODA seem to be based on the current architecture of the O2 with some improvement in power supply section so it might possibly improve on this already very impressive (specially for the cost) amplifier. You can build the current O2 in a taller case to allow better input/output ports (see pictures).

 

LLLL

 

Regarding the Matrix M-Stage (No offence Frank-I) I owned one in the pass and it was a very good amplifier with tons of power and used it with my DT880/600 at the time but I'm not convince it is a better amplifier then the O2 honestly.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Hey Swiss,

 

I'm a newly owner of the T1 too and I have been using the T1 with my portable O2 for night time and paired with a good source that is a bit warmish than neutral (DACport) I'm very impress with what I'm hearing. My O2 is setup with a gain of 1x & 3x and on 3x I'm listening to 10 so the load is not a problem. The O2 is very clear and detail and until I try the T1 on a higher end amplifier I'm not feeling that I'm missing much. This is all based on my experience so YMMV.

 

Yeah, a lot of people seem to like the O2, that's why I'm considering it. The only worry I have is the one explained in my first post.. With the new one coming out and that I'll need a desktop amp.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Look for a used Matrix M Stage. 175.00 get you where you want to go for now.

 

I did a quick search on a few sites and the best I could find was like $250.. Thanks though.

post #2074 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post


you are helping him, plenty.  nice

 

a 1000 headphone is somewhat overprice and a 1000 setup could sound incredible already. 

 

 

maybe a used darkvoice 336 can do the job?  i use my darkvoice 337 sometimes with t1 and it does sound nice. 

 

 

 

 



i have a muse DAC ($60) and o2 ($100) that i used the T1 with. i liked it. now i have a bifrost but i go back and forth between the o2 and csp2+.   if youre happy spending more, by all means.  doesnt mean everyone needs to. one of the biggest problems with headfi.  

post #2075 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post



i have a muse DAC ($60) and o2 ($100) that i used the T1 with. i liked it. now i have a bifrost but i go back and forth between the o2 and csp2+.   if youre happy spending more, by all means.  doesnt mean everyone needs to. one of the biggest problems with headfi.  



i'm actually saying you don't even need to spend so much on a setup.  let alone a headphone.  damn people(not one, people) are so sensitive.  this was the last time i'm giving advise.   

post #2076 of 10478
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post



i'm actually saying you don't even need to spend so much on a setup.  let alone a headphone.  damn people(not one, people) are so sensitive.  this was the last time i'm giving advise.   


If this is your definition of advice, then thank goodness you won't be giving any more.

 

post #2077 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

@Swiss, the new upcoming ODA seem to be based on the current architecture of the O2 with some improvement in power supply section so it might possibly improve on this already very impressive (specially for the cost) amplifier. You can build the current O2 in a taller case to allow better input/output ports (see pictures).

 

LLLL

 

Regarding the Matrix M-Stage (No offence Frank-I) I owned one in the pass and it was a very good amplifier with tons of power and used it with my DT880/600 at the time but I'm not convince it is a better amplifier then the O2 honestly.

 

 

 

I did a quick search on a few sites and the best I could find was like $250.. Thanks though.




the price was what you can find one for used on the Matrix. I have not heard the 02DIY amp so I cant say if its good or not and only comment on what I have heard the T1 w

post #2078 of 10478

Thank you everyone (well, almost), I really appreciate your help.

 

@Twinster, yeah I'd probably buy the upcoming one because everyone seems to love the current one, but the upcoming part is the problem.

 

It's not that I can't buy a more expensive (and better I hope so) amp, it's just that I don't know much about amps, so I want to play it safe at first...
You could probably get me to buy something like the ASGARD if that's a good one for the T 1.

post #2079 of 10478

For value I'd recommend a mid-range tube amp will pair very well with T1. Consider stuff like WA6, Darkvoice 337 and Audiotailor Jade.

post #2080 of 10478
Thread Starter 

Here's a nice picture for you guys ;)

 

GEDC0254.JPG

 

post #2081 of 10478

The T1s are definitely one of the classiest looking phones around with the build quality to match.

post #2082 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by essencez View Post

For value I'd recommend a mid-range tube amp will pair very well with T1. Consider stuff like WA6, Darkvoice 337 and Audiotailor Jade.



Yeah, the WA6 and Darkvoice 337 cost a lot more than what I want to pay for an amp right now and the Audiotailor Jade is also a bit over that. I'll consider them for the future though.

 

I'm having a really hard time choosing one. Does someone have the ASGARD with the T 1, would that be a good choice? I'd prefer to stay in that price range, preferably below, for now.

post #2083 of 10478

After a 1 1/2 month wait my Musical Fidelity M1DAC A finally arrived. Sounds incredible with my T1 and SPL Auditor. biggrin.gif

post #2084 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Here's a nice picture for you guys ;)

 

GEDC0254.JPG

 




Zom get all the dandruff off your pads dudeL3000.gif

post #2085 of 10478

The velour on the T1's always bloody collect dust lol. I actually use those sticky roller things on them, the one's you're supposed to use on suits, shirts, clothes etc. Works like a charm. A couple of minutes with those and my pads are spotless.

 

This thing.

 

bastis-lint-roller__66902_PE180389_S4.jpg

 

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60109436/

 

Make sure you buy one that has easy to remove strips like the Ikea one's, otherwise it's a nightmare finding the last tear end each time, just like you have to with cellotape!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread