or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 131

post #1951 of 10478

Loving what I've heard so far of just the previews. CD or 24bit FLAC? Found a link here.

 

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD678277163720

 

Not entirely sure what you mean by "How much staging is actually on the recording". Could you elaborate? Appreciate the link though :) 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



I think you owe it to yourself to pick this CD up:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Close-Ottmar-Liebert-Luna-Negra/dp/B0017SBG9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327373149&sr=8-1

 

Just to see how much sound staging is actually on the recording.



 


Edited by Naim.F.C - 1/23/12 at 6:59pm
post #1952 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Loving what I've heard so far of just the previews. CD or 24bit FLAC? Found a link here.

 

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD678277163720

 

Not entirely sure what you mean by "How much staging is actually on the recording". Could you elaborate? Appreciate the link though :) 

 



 


Most of the sound staging information is on the recording. The link I gave you was for a binaural recording that makes the LCD-2's sound staging very similar to the T1s. Just goes to show you how much it can be recording dependent.

 

post #1953 of 10478

Oh I see. And yes, I can totally see that being the case. Just listening to the previews off of my Macbook pro speakers you get a sense of that. Sounds almost like it was recorded live during a performance? Out of curiosity, seeing as you already have the CD, how do the T1's compare to the LCD-2's with this particular album?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


Most of the sound staging information is on the recording. The link I gave you was for a binaural recording that makes the LCD-2's sound staging very similar to the T1s. Just goes to show you how much it can be recording dependent.

 



 


Edited by Naim.F.C - 1/23/12 at 7:05pm
post #1954 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Oh I see. And yes, I can totally see that being the case. Just listening to the previews off of my Macbook pro speakers you get a sense of that. Sounds almost like it was recorded live? Out of curiosity, seeing as you already have the CD, how do the T1's compare to the LCD-2's with this particular album?
 



 


Both are outstanding and much closer in that regard IMO. Don't have the LCD-2s anymore though, but from what I remember, I was very impressed. A good desktop amp is a must as well.

 

As I find the LCD-3's sound staging is very HE-6s like (pretty close to the T1s), its much less of a useful comparison.

 

post #1955 of 10478

I must say, that's another comparison I'm interested in carrying out. JDS cMoyBB vs ALO Continental vs EHP-O2 vs V200 and whatever other amps I can get hold of. Never A/B compared the smallest/cheapest to the biggest/most expensive before.  I have compared the JDS cMoy to other much more expensive portable amps, and lets just say it performed amazingly well, especially given the price difference.

 

Sold off my Concerto to pay for the V200 unfortunately, shame I can't do that comparison any more. Though there is hope. A local Head.Fi'er has agreed to bring his round mine for comparing in future if he can't sell it off for the price he's wanting. 


Edited by Naim.F.C - 1/23/12 at 7:15pm
post #1956 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

I must say, that's another comparison I'm interested in carrying out. JDS cMoyBB vs ALO Continental vs EHP-O2 vs V200 and whatever other amps I can get hold of. Never A/B compared the smallest/cheapest to the biggest/most expensive before.  I have compared the JDS cMoy to other much more expensive portable amps, and lets just say it performed amazingly well, especially given the price difference. Sold off my Concerto to pay for the V200 unfortunately, shame I can't do that comparison any more. 



The V200 looks like a great amp. I really liked the Concerto when I owned it last year too. Now, I've got a Gilmore GS-1 (w/DACT attenuator) coming in soon (talked to Justin and it should be shipping out tomorrow). I'm looking forward to a solid stage "wire with gain" amp to compare to my WA22. After the amp gets settled in, I might pick up a JDS O2 for fun to compare (and then make it my work amp).

post #1957 of 10478

Hadn't heard of the GS-1 before, looks promising. Would be nice to get it on the list of products to compare or test. Keep me posted on your thoughts.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



The V200 looks like a great amp. I really liked the Concerto when I owned it last year too. Now, I've got a Gilmore GS-1 (w/DACT attenuator) coming in soon (talked to Justin and it should be shipping out tomorrow). I'm looking forward to a solid stage "wire with gain" amp to compare to my WA22. After the amp gets settled in, I might pick up a JDS O2 for fun to compare (and then make it my work amp).



 

post #1958 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Hadn't heard of the GS-1 before, looks promising. Would be nice to get it on the list of products to compare or test. Keep me posted on your thoughts.
 



 

 

In case you're interested:
 

http://www.headamp.com/home_amps/gs1/index.htm

 

I'll report back how it works will all of my cans (including T1s to stay on topic here).

post #1959 of 10478

# If reducing beyerdynamic T1 cable from 10ft to 5 ft

  do u think it will improve quality?

 

# Double up wire size 2 parallel 5ft. ?

 

How du u think it will affect the sound ?

 

 

Pros and cons of high impedance headphones:

  1. Headphone impedance is usually increased by thinner wire and most importantly more turns of wire in the voice coil. More turns or loops creates a larger field (area of magnetic influence). In layman's terms more magnetic force for the coil to move the diaphragm. Thinner wire usually works out to a lighter, more responsive diaphragm. Depending on the headphone design, this may lead to more accurate response.

 

 

post #1960 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Loving what I've heard so far of just the previews. CD or 24bit FLAC? Found a link here.

 

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD678277163720

 

Not entirely sure what you mean by "How much staging is actually on the recording". Could you elaborate? Appreciate the link though :) 

 



 

oooh, looks good, downloading right now.
 

 

post #1961 of 10478

 

Wow, this is great stuff!  Thanks for the recommendation.  Whoops, just realized I'm in the T1 thread, I need to unplug the HD-800's and break out the Beyer's!  tongue.gif

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



I think you owe it to yourself to pick this CD up:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Close-Ottmar-Liebert-Luna-Negra/dp/B0017SBG9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327373149&sr=8-1

 

Just to see how much sound staging is actually on the recording.



 

 

post #1962 of 10478

EDIT: w00t 1500 posts!


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 1/23/12 at 10:39pm
post #1963 of 10478

Gratsimus maximus! 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

EDIT: w00t 1500 posts!



 

 

post #1964 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Gratsimus maximus! 
 



 

 


 

beerchug.gif

post #1965 of 10478

Since I was able to sell my WA6 now I have a WA2 coming in from A2A.  Should have it by Monday. :)

 

I already love my T1 with the WA6, now looking forward to getting the most out of them if the pairing's reputation is what it is made to believe.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread