or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 123

post #1831 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

Had a change of heart - bought a silver one day. Will post pictures later. Thing is massive.


Looking forward to some impressions, the fact that Addicted to Audio has them in stock is seriously tempting for me too and I'm considering selling both my Burson and WA6 for a WA2.  

 

Unless my itch for a pair of STAX gets to me first. tongue_smile.gif

 

post #1832 of 10478

Problem is, the competition is stiff. LCD-2, HD800, HE-500 etc. Sonically, all are comparable and have pro's and cons, winning elements over each other, but also losing one's too, but in terms of style or elaborate design, T1 really falls short. And whether or not people want to admit it, I'm sure in terms of mass consumerism, aesthetics make a difference.

 

You look at something like the LCD-2's or HD800's, and physically, they look absolutely other worldly and scream expense. T1's on the other hand, are very timid in design and on immediate reflection to an impulse buyer, might not seem nearly as good value. Don't get me wrong, they're absolutely beautiful, just not particular innovative or provocative aesthetically speaking. I honestly think Beyer should have gone with something a bit more elaborate with the physical outer properties of the T1's, to really emphasise the separation of higher tier from the rest of it's line.

 

There's still a potential. If they create a T1 with a slightly wider soundstage and more sub bass presence (mid bass is just perfect), and also completely re-design the outer aesthetic to a more unique and bold design, I'm sure it would be a sure fire hit. In-fact, it'd be a near perfect headphone.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredWong View Post

I kind of feel sad that T1 had only sold for about 3,000 units. All who are willing to pay for Beats' price should also consider this too.



 


Edited by Naim.F.C - 1/12/12 at 11:41pm
post #1833 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Problem is, the competition is stiff. LCD-2, HD800, HE-500 etc. Sonically, all are comparable and have pro's and cons that the others do better or match, but in terms of style or elaborate design, T1 really falls short. And whether or not people want to admit it, I'm sure in terms of mass consumerism, aesthetics make a difference. You look at something like the LCD-2's or HD800's, and physically, they look absolutely other worldly and scream expense. T1's on the other hand, are very timid in design and on immediate reflection to an impulse buyer, might not seem nearly as good value. I honestly think Beyer should have gone with something a bit more elaborate with the physical outer properties of the T1's, to really emphasise the separation of higher tier from the rest of it's line.

 

There's still a potential. If they create a T1 with a slightly wider soundstage and more sub bass presence (mid bass is just perfect), and also completely re-design the outer aesthetic to a more unique and bold design, I'm sure it would be a sure fire hit. In-fact, it'd be a near perfect headphone.
 



 



its fine the way it is, just more subbass and less treble as well as having thicker mids.

 

either way, the T1 is a perfectly fine headphone and right on the same level as HD 800 and LCD-2

post #1834 of 10478

According to George they have been selling like hot cakes. He said he was sold out after mine and that he would be getting another shipment next week. Site still says in stock though. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaholic View Post


Looking forward to some impressions, the fact that Addicted to Audio has them in stock is seriously tempting for me too and I'm considering selling both my Burson and WA6 for a WA2.  

 

Unless my itch for a pair of STAX gets to me first. tongue_smile.gif

 



I disagree about the aesthetics. Out of those three cans, the T1s look the classiest IMO. In come across better in real life though - the build quality and craftsmenship when you inspect them in detail just exude a luxury feel. The HD800s looks cheaper in comparison and sorta strange. Both the LCD2 and HD800 have "unique" designs that don't appeal to me at all. At the end of the day aesthetics is hugely subjective though and I've also preferred a classic look over a "cool" one.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Problem is, the competition is stiff. LCD-2, HD800, HE-500 etc. Sonically, all are comparable and have pro's and cons that the others do better or match, but in terms of style or elaborate design, T1 really falls short. And whether or not people want to admit it, I'm sure in terms of mass consumerism, aesthetics make a difference. You look at something like the LCD-2's or HD800's, and physically, they look absolutely other worldly and scream expense. T1's on the other hand, are very timid in design and on immediate reflection to an impulse buyer, might not seem nearly as good value. I honestly think Beyer should have gone with something a bit more elaborate with the physical outer properties of the T1's, to really emphasise the separation of higher tier from the rest of it's line.

 

There's still a potential. If they create a T1 with a slightly wider soundstage and more sub bass presence (mid bass is just perfect), and also completely re-design the outer aesthetic to a more unique and bold design, I'm sure it would be a sure fire hit. In-fact, it'd be a near perfect headphone.
 



 



 

post #1835 of 10478

I actually prefer the T1's to the HD800's and LCD-2's sonically speaking (depending on the music genre). At least for my music tastes. Though I prefer the LCD-2's bass and the HD800's sound stage, I feel like the T1 has the best overall balance. It's sort of like a mix between the HD800 and LCD-2 funnily enough.

 

I was talking purely aesthetically. Beats by Dre, LCD-2's, HD800's...one thing they all share is iconic or shall we say, un-conventional physical design. T1 by the same standard is far more conventional in it's aesthetic. This is where Beyer need to push things forward. An Audi R8 can have all the engineering pedigree in the world, but if it didn't look the way it did, it wouldn't sell. 

 

 

On a side note, I think the mids on the T1 are harmonious with the rest of the sonic balance. I prefer them slightly less forward, as I like to pick out surrounding instrumentals with better ease. I find the T1's better at imaging because of this. The treble is also very nice, with certain tube amps it is absolutely beautiful in-fact. But for default or more traditional or neutral SS amp's, sure, ever so slightly sweeter high's might be welcome.

 

I think sub bass is the main thing. Otherwise as is, they are already a sublime balance.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post



its fine the way it is, just more subbass and less treble as well as having thicker mids.

 

either way, the T1 is a perfectly fine headphone and right on the same level as HD 800 and LCD-2



 


Edited by Naim.F.C - 1/12/12 at 11:57pm
post #1836 of 10478

Beyer developed the T1 around the A1, which has an output Impedance of 100 ohm.

A 120 ohm Impedance Audio Jack is enough to get a warm sound signature with increased bass response and smooth highs.

The Soundstage gets bigger, but it doesn't sound as airy as on low output impedance ports.

 

Personally, i run my T1 (SN >6000) on a Xonar Essence ST plus an Objective O2 together with this Audio Jack and i'm very happy about the sound signature.

 

post #1837 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Problem is, the competition is stiff. LCD-2, HD800, HE-500 etc. Sonically, all are comparable and have pro's and cons, winning elements over each other, but also losing one's too, but in terms of style or elaborate design, T1 really falls short. And whether or not people want to admit it, I'm sure in terms of mass consumerism, aesthetics make a difference.



Honestly, HD800 look like a fischer price thing and not a $1400 can. 

 

post #1838 of 10478

Lol... On a side note, has Fischer Price ever developed a toy made of machined stainless steel?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post



Honestly, HD800 look like a fischer price thing and not a $1400 can. 

 



 

post #1839 of 10478

I think Beyers design is cool, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

 

I also like the design of the dt-series in the 1980's. Very light and easy to wear...

 

Anyway, I'm joining the club, got a T1 on it's way :-) My setup will be:

 

Isabellina HPA > T1

 

Isabellina > WA2 (w. TS 5998 tubes) > T1

 

Secondary I will try it with my vinyl setup, but I think most of my records needs a more forgiving headphone (many old records, bad recordings...)

post #1840 of 10478

The T1 looks very classy and understated in a good way because in the end it's about how they sound IMO, hell i just bought a DT-150 for my computer and it's so ugly but does allot of things right. Can't see myself replacing the T1 anytime soon because the combination with the Phoenix is just excellent!

post #1841 of 10478


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Lol... On a side note, has Fischer Price ever developed a toy made of machined stainless steel?



You do not have to agree. 

 

post #1842 of 10478

This is very true, one of the reasons I almost didn't go with a T1, and was about to choose between with either the LCD-2/HD800, was not only design but also they had these wow features they excelled at, LCD-2: Bass, HD800: Detail, Imaging, Soundstage. But after spending time with the T1, I think it was the best choice, good amount of bass impact (and goes deep), and energetic treble, so it gives it this fun/musical sound yet staying quite neutral. The design is timeless, and the build quality is superb.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Problem is, the competition is stiff. LCD-2, HD800, HE-500 etc. Sonically, all are comparable and have pro's and cons, winning elements over each other, but also losing one's too, but in terms of style or elaborate design, T1 really falls short. And whether or not people want to admit it, I'm sure in terms of mass consumerism, aesthetics make a difference.

 

You look at something like the LCD-2's or HD800's, and physically, they look absolutely other worldly and scream expense. T1's on the other hand, are very timid in design and on immediate reflection to an impulse buyer, might not seem nearly as good value. Don't get me wrong, they're absolutely beautiful, just not particular innovative or provocative aesthetically speaking. I honestly think Beyer should have gone with something a bit more elaborate with the physical outer properties of the T1's, to really emphasise the separation of higher tier from the rest of it's line.

 

There's still a potential. If they create a T1 with a slightly wider soundstage and more sub bass presence (mid bass is just perfect), and also completely re-design the outer aesthetic to a more unique and bold design, I'm sure it would be a sure fire hit. In-fact, it'd be a near perfect headphone.
 



 



 

post #1843 of 10478

HD800 looks space age. T1 looks much classier and conservative. They both have their appeal. 

post #1844 of 10478

personally i think the lcd look horrendous.  have you looked in the mirror with them on? aesthetics do matter to me. so does comfort, thats why i sold them off.  i then went with the hd800 and really liked them but the t1 is a better all arounder.  i think the t1 looks classy. it doesnt need to be innovative or provocative.  if you line them up with the lower models, you really cant tell which is the top of the line?  that said , i think the d7000 are just beautiful. 

post #1845 of 10478

When I saw the HD800 in person it was the most well-constructed and solid feeling headphone I've ever put my hands on.  I respectively have to disagree about it looking like a Fischer Price toy as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread