or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 102

post #1516 of 10478


Thanks for the link........beerchug.gif

 

post #1517 of 10478

Have you never notice that your serial number is No. 17xx ??? Maybe you got a pre-release version???? maybe
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post



My bright, bass light versions looked like this....  Could someone point me to a link for the white drivers?

 

IMG_0779 800.jpg



 

post #1518 of 10478

^ Not sure if serious, but that's because the serial is a photoshop, I can tell by the pixelstongue_smile.gif

post #1519 of 10478

what would be the point of not showing your serial number? sorry if its a dumb question, just not sure of the answer.

post #1520 of 10478

The World Government has a list of serials and owners.  The serial alone is enough to track down the owner.

post #1521 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post

The World Government has a list of serials and owners.  The serial alone is enough to track down the owner.



Good thing I'm no longer #3964; that pair turns out to be B stock and had some signs of wear so I exchanged them for a new one.  #5210

 

 

 

Damn, I just gave my new number away! tongue.gif

 

 

Btw, I was reading through this thread from the start and noticed that the pair that Tyll measured for the graphs was #3964.  Wow!

post #1522 of 10478

To the readers of this thread.

 

I suggest you try the dt48 which the t1 is based off, there are some things that the dt48 does better then the hd800 and t1 in areas its strengths.

 

If you can't afford the t1 and hd 800 the dt48 may be for you if your after a true blue plain sounding headphone that may sound boring but it is a charmeleon and is like a mic feed to your ear and the magic of the dt48 and i don't know how the t1 and hd 800 do in this area then well yea get the dt48 25 ohms if you want a taste of high end to ultra high end its speed of the dt48 series is like an f1 car this headphone in the mids department manages to get just right near perfect and prehaps 5% off perfect.

 

You need critical listening skills or the music groove magic of the dt 48 would be gone and in any case it will most likely suprise you again and again and again.

 

http://base.teamxbox.com/blog-post/43202/5975/02-07-2010/p1/

post #1523 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by holylucifer View Post

To the readers of this thread.

 

I suggest you try the dt48 which the t1 is based off, there are some things that the dt48 does better then the hd800 and t1 in areas its strengths.

 

If you can't afford the t1 and hd 800 the dt48 may be for you if your after a true blue plain sounding headphone that may sound boring but it is a charmeleon and is like a mic feed to your ear and the magic of the dt48 and i don't know how the t1 and hd 800 do in this area then well yea get the dt48 25 ohms if you want a taste of high end to ultra high end its speed of the dt48 series is like an f1 car this headphone in the mids department manages to get just right near perfect and prehaps 5% off perfect.

 

You need critical listening skills or the music groove magic of the dt 48 would be gone and in any case it will most likely suprise you again and again and again.

 

http://base.teamxbox.com/blog-post/43202/5975/02-07-2010/p1/



 KBI alt account? ha

 

-Daniel

post #1524 of 10478

No if you want to knock down the whole dt48 praise reputation longest headphone production with varying then go ahead, if you don't like headphones costing near 1k to 1k the dt48 would be for you.

 

Seriously..you can even knock down beyerdynamic for saying it is a precise control instrument with nagra recorders.

 

You could also knock down how the t1 is based off the dt48.

 

But then thats totally harsh and unfair.

 

 

 

post #1525 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by holylucifer View Post

You could also knock down how the t1 is based off the dt48.



How do you know that?

post #1526 of 10478

The T1 is based on the DT48?  They have the same enclosure?  They have the same drivers?  The drivers are both angled?  They share the same Tesla magnet power?  They both have the same velour earpads? Both are closed? To the best of my knowledge they do not have one shared part, so in what ways is the Tesla T1 based on the DT48?  They are both classified as dynamic headphones (tick).

 

Based on?  So is every other dynamic headphone.


Edited by Kernmac - 11/12/11 at 11:46pm
post #1527 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by holylucifer View Post

No if you want to knock down the whole dt48 praise reputation longest headphone production with varying then go ahead, if you don't like headphones costing near 1k to 1k the dt48 would be for you.

 

Seriously..you can even knock down beyerdynamic for saying it is a precise control instrument with nagra recorders.

 

You could also knock down how the t1 is based off the dt48.

 

But then thats totally harsh and unfair.

 

 

 


 

Talk about getting defensive-maybe it really is KBI. I'm telling Jude-stat! rolleyes.gif

 

-Daniel
 

 

post #1528 of 10478

Joelpearce

"and I'm sure you'll like this quote:



"By the way the DT 48 E drivers are very similar to the T 1 drivers. Both drivers have a ring magnet, the big difference though is the material: DT 48 E is ferrite and T1 is neodymium..."



you can guess who told me wink.gif"

post #1529 of 10478

Well prehaps not based off the dt48 design i'm thinking about alot of things including sound science but they share alot of similarities and then there peter groof of whatever his name is who prehaps told him.


Edited by holylucifer - 11/13/11 at 1:19am
post #1530 of 10478

Most likely based of dt 48 design ring magnet regarding where the ideas came from but then t1 has tesla technology in it well yea first dynamic headphone and design but then yea, i'll leave this correlation here.


Edited by holylucifer - 11/13/11 at 1:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread