If I had the money to buy these, I would do it in a heart beat. They look incredible and I'm sure the sound is amazing as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Yamaha UK for the sample. Full review...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 1047711/1/11 at 5:03pmThread Starter
Congrats on the purchase! I've seen the drivers you mentioned but I don't know if they sound any different at all. I have the black drivers and they sound splendid.
Also if you guys have the Auditor try adding a 100Ohm impedance adapter to the T1's. It seems to drive them better and also fleshes out the bass a bit more than without the adapter.
Also guys I must say I am sorry for not being on recently. My whole site got hacked and I have been working to restore it.
Quote:post #1503 of 1047711/1/11 at 5:45pmpost #1504 of 1047711/1/11 at 6:20pmThread Starter
A lot of places manufacture them so they aren't that hard to find. I have one on hand if you want to borrow it.
post #1505 of 1047711/6/11 at 8:35am
Gah, what to do. LCD-3 or T1? Love the HE-6 sound sig, but couldn't live with the compromises of the HE-500. Need a phone to compliment the HE-6 and I can't audition the LCD-3. T1 seems to give the impression of what I wanted the HE-500 to be.post #1506 of 1047711/6/11 at 9:07amQuote:
FWIW, I would recommend the LCD-3s. I find my T1s very similar to my HE-6s.post #1507 of 1047711/6/11 at 9:12ampost #1508 of 1047711/6/11 at 11:57ampost #1509 of 1047711/6/11 at 10:30pm
Agreed. I think the HE-6 and the T1 sound similar. I've been using the HE-6s at the main rig and the T1s for bedside. When I head to bed, I feel as though I didn't change cans sometimes. However, if the same songs play, I note subtle differences.
I would go for the LCD-3 as well. I have been thinking about that or the HD800 as the next unit.
Quote:post #1510 of 1047711/7/11 at 4:17am
The HE6 and T1 do share similarities in soundstage and they sound alike in many ways. The T1 is very easy to drive and the HE6 loves gobs of solid state watts and is a rewarding phone with better transparency than the T1 by a slight margin. The T1 images much better than any headphone I have owned. I decided I like the tube sound more so than the SS sound thus I own the T1 again and sold my HE6. The 6 IMO is better than the LCD2 for classical music and soundstage but the LCD2 does vocals better than any headphone I have heard but the treble is no where as good as either the HE6 or T1. The T1 is balanced and neutral and plays any genre and does it well. You will not be unhappy owning any of them IMO.post #1511 of 1047711/7/11 at 4:53ampost #1512 of 1047711/7/11 at 4:54pm
Buying a T1 within the week from another Head-fier, I should have it next week! I'll be pairing it in the short-term with my SB Touch-->NFB 3-->ACSS-->C-2.1. I'll be sure to give some layman impressions here in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to Frank and everyone else here who left their impressions that helped me decide on the Tesla!
-Danielpost #1513 of 1047711/7/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
My bright, bass light versions looked like this.... Could someone point me to a link for the white drivers?post #1514 of 1047711/7/11 at 7:29pmQuote:
Here's a link to the white drivers.
The ones that you have are what most people, including myself, have. It's the production model, I think.post #1515 of 1047711/7/11 at 9:13pm
You made the right choice, if I can chime in here. The T1s stage like no other and there is a balance to them that goes unrivaled. Granted, sometimes they lack raunch, but that, as y'all have been saying, is what the LCD-2s are for. T1s are great on the Zana Deux. I also like the T1s balanced on my DNA Sonnett. So they have range, tube, SS, balanced or not. Cable is key. I find the SAA Endorphin to be the top of the 3/4 I have tried... But I would suggest researching as they have to be hard-wired and you gotta live with that... Or pay the price as I did before I landed on SAA...
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 42 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Wyrd: mint 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z1R vs. other flagships Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear