or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 98

post #1456 of 10478

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

I don't think you are going to get a concensus on how the T1's sound because they are very transparent so one persons opinions and another persons are likely to be different because the T1's are showcasing the differences in the systems they are used on.



I agree the T1 is very transparent just like the DT880/600Ω I had before it. I would say the T1 is neutral with a wide soundstage and gives an accurate representation of the recording. The T1 does not compromise, it can go deep and output plenty of bass which I like, but it can also go earpiercing high if that's what it gets from the source. Personally I like a warm sound and the highs somewhat tamed and smooth, thus why I use a tube amp to tailor the sound. 

 

Anyway I think the only way to get a general idea of the headphones without actually listening to them, is to ask peoples opinions how it compares to a headphone you have heard. That way there is at least a common reference, one mans bright is another mans warm ;)

post #1457 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

I don't think you are going to get a concensus on how the T1's sound because they are very transparent so one persons opinions and another persons are likely to be different because the T1's are showcasing the differences in the systems they are used on.



That's very true. It's amazing how  my T1 sounded better (less brighter) changing the source from a PC with Essence ST to a Mac Book....

post #1458 of 10478

What is great with the t1 every tube change I make in my CSP2 is very noticeable. If I want a brighter T1 I use the 5Y3G Sylvania and if I want that warmer more bass sound I pop in the 5U4G. The sound differences are like night and day and I much prefer 5U4G sound with both the T1 and D7000. But whats great with the T1 any change is very very noticeable with this headphone. Transparency and balance is what they are all about. Still my favorite cans and my permanent ones. There are many opinions and some feel they are bright but with the current tube compliments I use in my Decware they are anything but bright more towards neutral and sound fantastic.

post #1459 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

I'm not one to b**** much on this forum...but let's just say I've spent probably 10 hours the past 3 days reading this ENTIRE thread in hopes of gleaning some meaningful impressions about my next purchase: the Tesla 1.  This thread is almost a complete waste of space. Aside from probably 5-6 posts that have some impressions that are somewhat helpful, the thread can otherwise be somewhat summed up like this:

 

"This headphone is B.R.I.G.H.T!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!!!!"

"Yes it iiiiiiiis!"

"Cables make a difference."

"Do not."

"Yeah huh!"

"NOPE."

"Don't shortchange this $1300 headphone-buy a great OTL!"

"Nah, my portable amp couldn't possibly be a weak link."

"rolleyes.gif"

"Guys! my Grados OWN your T1!"

"...Guys? Seriously, fo' realz yoz! Grados the bomb-Tesla suxxorz!!"

everyone: "confused_face_2.gif...please...GTFO"

 

rinse and repeat for 97 pages...

 

 

 

Sorry  guys...I just wanna glean even an OUNCE of impressions about this headphone....any other main T1 threads going? I've already read Pete's "T1 and HD800 musings" thread-any other big ones out there??

 

-Daniel



welcome to headfi. every thread is like this. jk

post #1460 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

I'm not one to b**** much on this forum...but let's just say I've spent probably 10 hours the past 3 days reading this ENTIRE thread in hopes of gleaning some meaningful impressions about my next purchase: the Tesla 1.  This thread is almost a complete waste of space. Aside from probably 5-6 posts that have some impressions that are somewhat helpful, the thread can otherwise be somewhat summed up like this:

 

"This headphone is B.R.I.G.H.T!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!!!!"

"Yes it iiiiiiiis!"

"Cables make a difference."

"Do not."

"Yeah huh!"

"NOPE."

"Don't shortchange this $1300 headphone-buy a great OTL!"

"Nah, my portable amp couldn't possibly be a weak link."

"rolleyes.gif"

"Guys! my Grados OWN your T1!"

"...Guys? Seriously, fo' realz yoz! Grados the bomb-Tesla suxxorz!!"

everyone: "confused_face_2.gif...please...GTFO"

 

rinse and repeat for 97 pages...

 

 

 

Sorry  guys...I just wanna glean even an OUNCE of impressions about this headphone....any other main T1 threads going? I've already read Pete's "T1 and HD800 musings" thread-any other big ones out there??

 

-Daniel


Hey Bourne

 

Glad to see you.  How have you been? smile.gif

 

The fact that you can't get a consensus in almost 100 pages should tell you something.  biggrin.gif

 

USG

 

post #1461 of 10478

Show me one single headphone on head-fi where there is "consensus".  

post #1462 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Show me one single headphone on head-fi where there is "consensus".  



Ed10? Even Googleli stopped singing it's praises. 


Edited by MrQ - 10/21/11 at 11:02am
post #1463 of 10478

Nope.  I know of one head-fier at least who still swears they are the best he's heard.  Even the Ed 10 has no consensus.

 

Beauty is truly in the ear of the listener...


Edited by Skylab - 10/21/11 at 11:45am
post #1464 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Nope.  I know of one head-fier at least who still swears they are the best he's heard.  Even the Ed 10 has no consensus.

 

Beauty is truly in the ear of the listener...


Heh, Isn't that the truth.

post #1465 of 10478

Consensus?  Based on taste and opinion, doesn't exist.

 

It is simple.  The Tesla T1 is simply a very dynamic, neutral, natural, sounding headphone.  The sound is balanced, soundstage realistic, instrument separation is outstanding, plenty of PRaT, clear and precise range up and down the spectrum, ideal for acoustic and rock, performs well for trance/electronic and big band sound (movie scores) and it is simply one of the best headphones available.  And I used an SS amp, not tubes.

 

There are plenty of headfiers that love the T1 and then there are those that are wrong.  There we go- consensus.


Edited by Kernmac - 10/21/11 at 2:00pm
post #1466 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post




Heh, Isn't that the truth.



Depends who's listening, I guess.
post #1467 of 10478

I wasn't looking for a consensus...I was just looking for a few impressions in an Official Impressions Thread. wink_face.gif Most impressions however-seem to be inline with what Kernmac said-they are simply amazing at everything in the spectrum, with no glaring weaknesses. It would be hard to describe a headphone without comparing it's relative strengths and weaknesses, thus impressions for the T1 are hard to describe in that regard. Based on my reading, I do believe that these headphones will basically show what's in the entire upstream, and thus the varying opinions. I love that-it goes to show that the T1 should scale wonderfully as you improve your other gear (read: spend $$ lol). I plan on buying one around in two weeks when I have the funds-they will presently be fed by Squeezebox Touch-->NFB-2-->C-2.1, with Decware interconnects and powercords. Hopefully that will get 80-90% from them lol.

 

Now-someone convince me where to blow my other $1100: Decware CSP2+ or WA2? Rob, this means you...or...Dukja I think tried them both...? I love the looks of the Woo-but I love Steve's underground, against the grain philosophies too...

 

Oh, and POST SOME MORE DAMN IMPRESSIONS!!! L3000.gif

 

-Daniel

post #1468 of 10478

The T1 is terrific with both the CSP-2 and WA2.  Really terrific.

post #1469 of 10478


You punk-I'm not buying both like you lol! Frank's leaning me toward's the Decware...and everyone else the Woo ..any comparisons? Does one control the bass better than the other? More transparent? Larger soundstage? et cetera et cetera Don't make me save for a ZD...biggrin.gif

 

-Daniel

 

Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

The T1 is terrific with both the CSP-2 and WA2.  Really terrific.



 

post #1470 of 10478

i have the csp2 now with the T1.  i really like it but i have a weak dac.  i thnk it will open up with a dac.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread