Have to disagree there, i think it's better to go neutral first and then adjust it through amp's, sources or perhaps another headphone depending on your preference.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 94post #1396 of 105129/14/11 at 9:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 105129/14/11 at 10:59ampost #1398 of 105129/14/11 at 1:11pm
Ofcourse but you have to have a reference point otherwise you'd end up ordering every headphone in the market till you find the right one. It can be allot of fun however but it's not really practicalpost #1399 of 105129/14/11 at 4:10pmpost #1400 of 105129/14/11 at 5:27pmQuote:
Worked for me...post #1401 of 105129/15/11 at 2:14amQuote:
Does it matter as long as you find something that sounds good to you?
Then more power to you, i however don't have the time nor the funds to do that so i try to take shortcuts
post #1402 of 105129/16/11 at 5:36pmpost #1403 of 105129/22/11 at 9:17amQuote:
My first headphones were the DT880 after auditioning several Beyer's, AKG's, Grado's, Senn's and what not.
Even after buting the SR325is and the T50RP they are still my favorite for the clear and neutralish sound.post #1404 of 105129/24/11 at 12:47am
Hello T1- guys. I´ve pondered between HD800 and T1, and after tons of experiences and reviews the mind is made, and i´m getting the T1´s, while keeping the Senn HD600. But 2 questions remain
- there is used pair on sale, with ok price, and short guarantee. Has there been return cases a lot with T1´s? Should i get it new or used, basically?
- my current amp is Lehmann rhinelander. While i might upgrade it later, but is it ok to start with T1´s?
Thanks in advancepost #1405 of 105129/24/11 at 4:07am
Just got my pair, number 4884, in a few days ago. About 40 hours in now, and I'm really impressed with these. I was going back and forth between T1 and HD and am glad I gave these a shot first. They are just so super natural and clear but not harsh or fatiguing. Was also really pleasantly surprised at the bass punch, very nice. Listening to these through a Grace m903 which is great as well.post #1406 of 105129/30/11 at 1:34pm
I bought mint condition used pair of T1´s today, with serial #4000. With the short testing with Lehmann Rhinelander it´s a good upgrade from my HD600´s. But i suppose i should upgrade my amp too at some point. I saw that Burson is said to be good with T1´s, but i would also like to get a tube- amp. So in that case, it is Woo- audio all the way..?post #1407 of 105129/30/11 at 3:30pmpost #1408 of 105129/30/11 at 6:39pm
My current set-up is a laptop with iTunes lossless files--> iBasso D4 DAC--> Woo Audio 3 OTL amp--> HD 650.
But now, I'm itching to upgrade. Will a T1 sound good with my set-up? Or should I get a better DAC and/or amp first? Thanks.post #1409 of 105129/30/11 at 6:57pmT1 is the best I have ever owned IMO and most importantly the most enjoyable without any doubt. Driving it with a custom Pete Millet SRPP Amp and it sounds fantastic. Tube rolling with Sylvania (2), Tungsol (2) , Tungstram and RCA 12BH7's to get totally different sound sigs as if I have 6 different HPs.post #1410 of 105129/30/11 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Timbeh
I bought mint condition used pair of T1´s today, with serial #4000. With the short testing with Lehmann Rhinelander it´s a good upgrade from my HD600´s. But i suppose i should upgrade my amp too at some point. I saw that Burson is said to be good with T1´s, but i would also like to get a tube- amp. So in that case, it is Woo- audio all the way..?
The Burson makes the T1 very analytical and unforgiving to bad recordings, but the control and imaging resulting from it is extremely good. Seems a lot of people actually hate that sound but I find it great with movies and games (positioning with games with this combo is out of the world, unimaginable that could be achieved with a stereo headphone). If you main usage is music go for tubes.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 50 seconds ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clarifier iPhone App 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › A list of quadraphonic headphones, and the best ones. 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear