Have to disagree there, i think it's better to go neutral first and then adjust it through amp's, sources or perhaps another headphone depending on your preference.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 94post #1396 of 104789/14/11 at 9:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 104789/14/11 at 10:59ampost #1398 of 104789/14/11 at 1:11pm
Ofcourse but you have to have a reference point otherwise you'd end up ordering every headphone in the market till you find the right one. It can be allot of fun however but it's not really practicalpost #1399 of 104789/14/11 at 4:10pmpost #1400 of 104789/14/11 at 5:27pmQuote:
Worked for me...post #1401 of 104789/15/11 at 2:14amQuote:
Does it matter as long as you find something that sounds good to you?
Then more power to you, i however don't have the time nor the funds to do that so i try to take shortcuts
post #1402 of 104789/16/11 at 5:36pmpost #1403 of 104789/22/11 at 9:17amQuote:
My first headphones were the DT880 after auditioning several Beyer's, AKG's, Grado's, Senn's and what not.
Even after buting the SR325is and the T50RP they are still my favorite for the clear and neutralish sound.post #1404 of 104789/24/11 at 12:47am
Hello T1- guys. I´ve pondered between HD800 and T1, and after tons of experiences and reviews the mind is made, and i´m getting the T1´s, while keeping the Senn HD600. But 2 questions remain
- there is used pair on sale, with ok price, and short guarantee. Has there been return cases a lot with T1´s? Should i get it new or used, basically?
- my current amp is Lehmann rhinelander. While i might upgrade it later, but is it ok to start with T1´s?
Thanks in advancepost #1405 of 104789/24/11 at 4:07am
Just got my pair, number 4884, in a few days ago. About 40 hours in now, and I'm really impressed with these. I was going back and forth between T1 and HD and am glad I gave these a shot first. They are just so super natural and clear but not harsh or fatiguing. Was also really pleasantly surprised at the bass punch, very nice. Listening to these through a Grace m903 which is great as well.post #1406 of 104789/30/11 at 1:34pm
I bought mint condition used pair of T1´s today, with serial #4000. With the short testing with Lehmann Rhinelander it´s a good upgrade from my HD600´s. But i suppose i should upgrade my amp too at some point. I saw that Burson is said to be good with T1´s, but i would also like to get a tube- amp. So in that case, it is Woo- audio all the way..?post #1407 of 104789/30/11 at 3:30pmpost #1408 of 104789/30/11 at 6:39pm
My current set-up is a laptop with iTunes lossless files--> iBasso D4 DAC--> Woo Audio 3 OTL amp--> HD 650.
But now, I'm itching to upgrade. Will a T1 sound good with my set-up? Or should I get a better DAC and/or amp first? Thanks.post #1409 of 104789/30/11 at 6:57pmT1 is the best I have ever owned IMO and most importantly the most enjoyable without any doubt. Driving it with a custom Pete Millet SRPP Amp and it sounds fantastic. Tube rolling with Sylvania (2), Tungsol (2) , Tungstram and RCA 12BH7's to get totally different sound sigs as if I have 6 different HPs.post #1410 of 104789/30/11 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Timbeh
I bought mint condition used pair of T1´s today, with serial #4000. With the short testing with Lehmann Rhinelander it´s a good upgrade from my HD600´s. But i suppose i should upgrade my amp too at some point. I saw that Burson is said to be good with T1´s, but i would also like to get a tube- amp. So in that case, it is Woo- audio all the way..?
The Burson makes the T1 very analytical and unforgiving to bad recordings, but the control and imaging resulting from it is extremely good. Seems a lot of people actually hate that sound but I find it great with movies and games (positioning with games with this combo is out of the world, unimaginable that could be achieved with a stereo headphone). If you main usage is music go for tubes.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 7 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 26 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable 2 minutes ago
- › cayin i5 + shure 535 VS What? 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear