or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 92

post #1366 of 10479


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post





Absolutely it would....a neutral/natural headphone would give you what the artist intended for you to hear. If you don't like what you're hearing...then you'll need new music. Coloured headphones are like looking at a painting through filtered lenses....you don't really see what the artist intended. Audio gear is the same way...the less it filters and the more it shows through (transparency) the better it is IMO.



Well said peter and the T1 is like I have said not a wow phone but I still cannot find any fault. To me IMO it is the most balanced and neutral headphone I have ever heard in my system. It just let you hear the recording good or bad IMO.

post #1367 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post





E:

EDIT: When it comes to these flagship headphones, I don't want to settle for amping/sources that just make them sound good...I want to hear them at/very close to their best. Otherwise, I would settle down with a pair of HD650s or DT880s.


This is the quote of the year.

People of Head-Fi... Keep reading Peter's quote until it is second nature.
post #1368 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post


 



Well said peter and the T1 is like I have said not a wow phone but I still cannot find any fault. To me IMO it is the most balanced and neutral headphone I have ever heard in my system. It just let you hear the recording good or bad IMO.


Not only can I not find fault with them, it does everything very well...bass/mids/treble/sound stage/transparency/instrumental separation/etc....

 

post #1369 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post



This is the quote of the year.

People of Head-Fi... Keep reading Peter's quote until it is second nature.


To be honest Ross, I kinda stole (or borrowed) it from one of our telephone conversations...it really stuck with me. smile.gif

 

post #1370 of 10479

What percentage of their potential do you think I'm fulfilling with my current equipment? (assuming I'm using the Darkvoice 332 rather than the Burson). Not looking to change anything for a while but its nice to know.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post




Not only can I not find fault with them, it does everything very well...bass/mids/treble/sound stage/transparency/instrumental separation/etc....

 



 

post #1371 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

What percentage of their potential do you think I'm fulfilling with my current equipment? (assuming I'm using the Darkvoice 332 rather than the Burson). Not looking to change anything for a while but its nice to know.
 



 


I would suggest you remove the DACMagic out of your chain. I think the Oppo BD-93 is a little better.

 

Hard to say, the Darvoice is a great amp. But it's about the entire system....source/dac/amp/headphones (and then when that's all set...cables IMO).

 

The Burson / T1 combo was never my favourite, funny as I really liked it with the HD800s and LCD-2s.

 

post #1372 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post




To be honest Ross, I kinda stole (or borrowed) it from one of our telephone conversations...it really stuck with me. smile.gif

 


I was going to give you full credit. smily_headphones1.gif

Regardless, it's a very apt statement and one more Head-Fi'ers should take to heart.
post #1373 of 10479

Yeah its pretty clear to me that the Darkvoice is better than the Burson, at least with the T1s. K702/D7000s is a different story though. When I use the Oppo I use its internal DAC so the DACMagic doesn't get involved. Out of convenience I actually spend more time with the DACMagic since its plugged into my PC which has all my CDs ripped into ALAC.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post




I would suggest you remove the DACMagic out of your chain. I think the Oppo BD-93 is a little better.

 

Hard to say, the Darvoice is a great amp. But it's about the entire system....source/dac/amp/headphones (and then when that's all set...cables IMO).

 

The Burson / T1 combo was never my favourite, funny as I really liked it with the HD800s and LCD-2s.

 



 

post #1374 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post



I was going to give you full credit. smily_headphones1.gif

Regardless, it's a very apt statement and one more Head-Fi'ers should take to heart.


Maybe then it was a collaborative venture. wink.gif

 

I find with these flagships, in order for them to fully hit their stride so to speak and show you what they are capable of (as they tend to be so revealing of what you have upstream), it takes more upstream work to do so.

 

post #1375 of 10479


On that note, some tracks I love remastered.  However on some I hate it and prefer original.  So, shurgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Colourations won't make garbage recordings sound better.....better recordings will.

 

That's why I'm "upgrading" my Pink Floyd catalog (all 14 CDs) to the new remasters once released in September. Many forget that the source is VERY important in the audio chain. Garbage in = Garbage out.
 

 



 

post #1376 of 10479

Missed this post. My comment was more in general rather than the coloration of headphones. I find that warmer sounding headphones do better to cover up inept recordings. There are quite a few CDs that sound worse on the T1s than on my HD650s because of this.

 

I'm looking at getting the PF remasters but they are pricey.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Colourations won't make garbage recordings sound better.....better recordings will.

 

That's why I'm "upgrading" my Pink Floyd catalog (all 14 CDs) to the new remasters once released in September. Many forget that the source is VERY important in the audio chain. Garbage in = Garbage out.
 

 



 

post #1377 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post




Maybe then it was a collaborative venture. wink.gif

 

I find with these flagships, in order for them to fully hit their stride so to speak and show you what they are capable of (as they tend to be so revealing of what you have upstream), it takes more upstream work to do so.

 


Headphones are just one component of an entire system. There needs to be a balance between all the pieces. Anyone that thinks they'll get the best out of the T1 (or other flagship) using an iPod and Fiio are fooling themselves. IMHO
post #1378 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


Absolutely it would....a neutral/natural headphone would give you what the artist intended for you to hear. If you don't like what you're hearing...then you'll need new music. Coloured headphones are like looking at a painting through filtered lenses....you don't really see what the artist intended. Audio gear is the same way...the less it filters and the more it shows through (transparency) the better it is IMO.



Whilst I completely agree with you, you have to remember that there is no such thing as a universal artist recording 'sound'. They themselves all use different equipment, different headphones amps, studio's and so on. So there is literally no such universal version of "what the artist wanted you to hear". Chances are using any headphone, you might still be hearing it very different to how the artist intended simply because they themselves used different or lesser equipment than you did. Only recent example I know of is Kanye West and Jay Z using the DT770 Pro's in the studio for mixing. I've never compared a DT770 Pro to a T1, but I'd imagine the T1 is much more revealing, detailed and neutral.

post #1379 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

Would a perfectly neutral headphone even be all that great to listen to?

Depends. I like to think that there is a "musical" neutral (LCD2, T1, HD800 w/ right gear, etc) and an "analytical" neutral (studio monitors, HD800 w/ wrong gear, etc). Unsurprisingly I hold the former in the highest regard and cannot enjoy the latter. But I listen for fun and magic, not to discern flaws.
 

 


Edited by Alghazanth - 8/23/11 at 10:40pm
post #1380 of 10479

Someone is using the jack modification to the t1?

I've the T1 for about 5 months! I really like it but to me there are some faults. In particular starting from the bass, it sound more like a "diffuse" bass than a sharp and snappy one, the midbass seems to me a little slow and recessed. Highs to me seems a bit metallic and edgy.... I'm afraid that I've the "wrong" but could be also the headphone amp output that is 10 ohm instead of the 120 ohm (IEC standard). 

 

Someone have the possibility to try the t1 with low and high Z output? It would be fantastic also to find some frequency graph comparison between different source impedance!!

 

Thanks,

 

Marco

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread