From what I heard, the WA6 wasn't super special, but I have not heard the combo myself. The amp is not OTL, and that style seems to make the T1 shine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 78post #1156 of 104798/10/11 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 104798/10/11 at 4:00ampost #1158 of 104798/10/11 at 6:02ampost #1159 of 104798/10/11 at 6:06ampost #1160 of 104798/10/11 at 6:11am
Thanks for the Requency Response graph. I'd love to hear both of them. Actually I would love to hear the T1, LCD2(1&2), HD800, Grados. :) I guess I really should try to go to the 2011 RMAF. I've never been to a meet of any kind before. I depend on HF members' opinions to help me decide on which equipment to buy (or sniff out). They are extremely helpful.post #1161 of 104798/10/11 at 6:14am
well, clayton. seeing as you have a Mercedes worth of really fine amps, it might be time to step up your headphone arsenal to something of comensurate quality.post #1162 of 104798/10/11 at 6:27amQuote:
I have been told that many times. It is easy for me to buy an amp over headphones because an amp changes the sound of my current headphones so much that I find that equally as appealing. I also admire the execution of good amp designs--and they're pretty to look at. But okay. I know this is the T1 owners club but if you had one headphone to take with you to a deserted island that is equipped with clean power and good bathroom facilities which headphone would you put on your head and row away? Right now I would take the HD650 out of the 3 I own. The hp amp I would take is a harder question but with a water pistol held to my forehead my answer for "the" amp would be the DNA Sonett. That could change on a cloudy day and today it is not cloudy in San Francisco.post #1163 of 104798/10/11 at 6:36am
not to crash the T1 thread too badly.
but, for me that answer is LCD-2.
furthermore, seeing as you have a cavalli liquid fire coming soon, you are just begging for an LCD-2.
T1 is still pretty great, tho.post #1164 of 104798/10/11 at 6:39am
has somebody experienced that the sound is coming from the back of my head with the T1 ? weird sound directions.
anybody: best song ever heard with T1 ?
Edited by agoston.berko - 8/10/11 at 6:40ampost #1165 of 104798/10/11 at 6:41am
I'm thinking of switching to tubes again for my T1, i mean i really like the V200 but still there is some brightness i want to get rid of. I hear the same brighness on my speakers but worse, now it could be the dac or 2 problems at the same time. I know my pre amp is a bit on the bright side and that the T1 likes tubes to clean up the upper frequencies which where the brightness is for me, the rest of the frequency range is perfect to my ears. I was thinking about the CSP2+ or maybe the WA2 i'm just concerned about how quiet it will be given my previous experience with a tube amp.
Maybe i should try and get my old tube amp fixed but then i'd still need a new pre amp.... problem is the guy that built it isn't very helpful, he doesn't hear the loud hiss and really cranks up the volume so i guess that's the problem lol.
Poor wallet will you ever get a break?post #1166 of 104798/10/11 at 7:12ampost #1167 of 104798/10/11 at 7:45am
Funny, in a way. The 325is do metal very well but still i grab the DT880 90% of the time. If they only had a stronger midrange and tad more bass punch. They add more elegance and beauty to the sound and a smile on my face.
Back to discussing the T1?
General consensus seems to be that OTL amps do best with the T1, as most Beyers? The DT880 from the GS-1 sound great, better than the LD MKIII. But then again, its an entire different price range.Quote:
Agreed. You could envy people that have not heard an expensive system.
That is why i took a break from this joint after i got my current system. Changes are i will do it again after i get a high-end can and maybe a new dac. Everything you read here makes you think if and what kind of improvement it would make.
Edited by Stitch - 8/10/11 at 8:00ampost #1168 of 104798/10/11 at 9:28am
Has anyone had a chance to listen to the T1 through an RWA Isabellina? That amp/dac is on my short list and gets good reviews with LCD-2 and HD800 but have yet to see any impressions with T1.post #1169 of 104798/10/11 at 10:31am
You need to spend time and learn how to read a graph. The similarity between the both of them is that they each play music. After that, they're very different. Are you actually going to contribute to this community?post #1170 of 104798/10/11 at 12:41pm
Is anyone using a T1 with a Matrix M-stage? I have that amp and am very close to pulling the trigger on a used T1.
I think I am finally ready to make the step up to the flagships and the T1 is the one I want.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WTT FiiO - EX1 Aerospace Nanotech for headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for Books on Sound Science 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear