From what I heard, the WA6 wasn't super special, but I have not heard the combo myself. The amp is not OTL, and that style seems to make the T1 shine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 78post #1156 of 104788/10/11 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 104788/10/11 at 4:00ampost #1158 of 104788/10/11 at 6:02ampost #1159 of 104788/10/11 at 6:06ampost #1160 of 104788/10/11 at 6:11am
Thanks for the Requency Response graph. I'd love to hear both of them. Actually I would love to hear the T1, LCD2(1&2), HD800, Grados. :) I guess I really should try to go to the 2011 RMAF. I've never been to a meet of any kind before. I depend on HF members' opinions to help me decide on which equipment to buy (or sniff out). They are extremely helpful.post #1161 of 104788/10/11 at 6:14am
well, clayton. seeing as you have a Mercedes worth of really fine amps, it might be time to step up your headphone arsenal to something of comensurate quality.post #1162 of 104788/10/11 at 6:27amQuote:
I have been told that many times. It is easy for me to buy an amp over headphones because an amp changes the sound of my current headphones so much that I find that equally as appealing. I also admire the execution of good amp designs--and they're pretty to look at. But okay. I know this is the T1 owners club but if you had one headphone to take with you to a deserted island that is equipped with clean power and good bathroom facilities which headphone would you put on your head and row away? Right now I would take the HD650 out of the 3 I own. The hp amp I would take is a harder question but with a water pistol held to my forehead my answer for "the" amp would be the DNA Sonett. That could change on a cloudy day and today it is not cloudy in San Francisco.post #1163 of 104788/10/11 at 6:36am
not to crash the T1 thread too badly.
but, for me that answer is LCD-2.
furthermore, seeing as you have a cavalli liquid fire coming soon, you are just begging for an LCD-2.
T1 is still pretty great, tho.post #1164 of 104788/10/11 at 6:39am
has somebody experienced that the sound is coming from the back of my head with the T1 ? weird sound directions.
anybody: best song ever heard with T1 ?
Edited by agoston.berko - 8/10/11 at 6:40ampost #1165 of 104788/10/11 at 6:41am
I'm thinking of switching to tubes again for my T1, i mean i really like the V200 but still there is some brightness i want to get rid of. I hear the same brighness on my speakers but worse, now it could be the dac or 2 problems at the same time. I know my pre amp is a bit on the bright side and that the T1 likes tubes to clean up the upper frequencies which where the brightness is for me, the rest of the frequency range is perfect to my ears. I was thinking about the CSP2+ or maybe the WA2 i'm just concerned about how quiet it will be given my previous experience with a tube amp.
Maybe i should try and get my old tube amp fixed but then i'd still need a new pre amp.... problem is the guy that built it isn't very helpful, he doesn't hear the loud hiss and really cranks up the volume so i guess that's the problem lol.
Poor wallet will you ever get a break?post #1166 of 104788/10/11 at 7:12ampost #1167 of 104788/10/11 at 7:45am
Funny, in a way. The 325is do metal very well but still i grab the DT880 90% of the time. If they only had a stronger midrange and tad more bass punch. They add more elegance and beauty to the sound and a smile on my face.
Back to discussing the T1?
General consensus seems to be that OTL amps do best with the T1, as most Beyers? The DT880 from the GS-1 sound great, better than the LD MKIII. But then again, its an entire different price range.Quote:
Agreed. You could envy people that have not heard an expensive system.
That is why i took a break from this joint after i got my current system. Changes are i will do it again after i get a high-end can and maybe a new dac. Everything you read here makes you think if and what kind of improvement it would make.
Edited by Stitch - 8/10/11 at 8:00ampost #1168 of 104788/10/11 at 9:28am
Has anyone had a chance to listen to the T1 through an RWA Isabellina? That amp/dac is on my short list and gets good reviews with LCD-2 and HD800 but have yet to see any impressions with T1.post #1169 of 104788/10/11 at 10:31am
You need to spend time and learn how to read a graph. The similarity between the both of them is that they each play music. After that, they're very different. Are you actually going to contribute to this community?post #1170 of 104788/10/11 at 12:41pm
Is anyone using a T1 with a Matrix M-stage? I have that amp and am very close to pulling the trigger on a used T1.
I think I am finally ready to make the step up to the flagships and the T1 is the one I want.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 15 seconds ago
- › Westone UM Pro Physical Size question. 25 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 38 seconds ago
- › Looking to upgrade from the FiiO E10 Olympus 2 41 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla not exactly on sale but clearanced 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Dac for studio monitors 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions ! 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear