or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 74

post #1096 of 10503

good idea.

i also need a fun can next to t1.

t1 is smooth and laid back, precise and natural, and true sounding.

but vocal sux.

i'm looking for a more involving, more colored, fun can, with more pronounced mid range clarity and brighter sounding and lighter weighted can.

 

i think i will get rs2i or if somebody say its a bad idea then convince me and maybe i will reconsider it.

 

t1 sounded very bad at first day.

second day also.

third day better.

now, after a week outstanding but I miss only some extra musicality. its a bit too "german" signature.

but its really fantastic.

only the comfort (weight) issue stayed. and its hot on my ears at 25 degree celsius and above.

 

lcd2 is a joke. right ? 1kg. never. looks like a whole disco on the head. what are you doing USA ? 100% design-flaw

 


Edited by agoston.berko - 8/8/11 at 4:39pm
post #1097 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoston.berko View Post

good idea.

i also need a fun can next to t1.

t1 is smooth and laid back, precise and natural, and true sounding.

but vocal sux.

i'm looking for a more involving, more colored, fun can, with more pronounced mid range clarity and brighter sounding and lighter weighted can.

 

i think i will get rs2i or if somebody say its a bad idea then convince me and maybe i will reconsider it.

 

t1 sounded very bad at first day.

second day also.

third day better.

now, after a week outstanding but I miss only some extra musicality. its a bit too "german" signature.

but its really fantastic.

only the comfort (weight) issue stayed. and its hot on my ears at 25 degree celsius and above.

 

lcd2 is a joke. right ? 1kg. never. looks like a whole disco on the head. what are you doing USA ? 100% design-flaw

 


...Wow.

post #1098 of 10503

rs2 vs t1.bmpwhat ? wink.gif

i just say what my heart tells me.

i think the situation is simple.

 

t1 is perfect ? not.

t1 is outstanding ? yes.

t1 is a one-can-solution ? nope.

t1 needs a funny-guy companion on my hifi-rack ? definitely.

 

 

grado is fun.

for example look here !: http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/2869/v/3/sp/ 

 

i want comedy, laugh, excitement, italian wood, soul and easy comfort with miracle-human-vocalité.

rs2i is just 255 gramm's

 

see ? ...simple. redface.gif

 


Edited by agoston.berko - 8/8/11 at 5:28pm
post #1099 of 10503



 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post




...Wow.

 

lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post





LCD-2 can be insanely aggressive and visceral, it's why I call it the best Metal can in the world.

 

T1 and HE500, yea not so much.

 

Like mentioned in the pm, this confuses me from what i read earlier

Did some more google-fu and such and this seems more true than i imagined. Contradictions keep you sharp, but does not make things easier.

post #1100 of 10503

Im planning on getting some DT 770 Pro 80 and sending them to  Larry to headphile to turn them to V3s.. Does anyone how the SQ and more specifically the bass compare to something like the Ultrasone Pro 900s?

post #1101 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post



I've already preordered biggrin.gif I was going to get the Miles Davis catalog in a box set before I heard about the Pink Floyd remasters. I just hope that the remasters aren't compressed and they left the original dynamics intact.


x3 for me too! Can't wait...counting down the days. smile.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post

For me the HD800s are superior technically. The difference is immediately noticeable. But the T1s are better balanced and have no glaring flaws in tone (unlike the stock HD800s, remedied partially with a recable).

 

I really don't think anyone can go wrong with a T1. They just sound good from everything and scale well. The HD800s are pickier in comparison and have the potential to sound much worse to much better, depending on the setup (IME).

 

Additionally, for anyone transitioning from the HD650s, the T1s are much easier to adjust to. The HD800s are a wild departure from the 650 Senn sound and a lot of people find the move up jarring.


Very well stated Shahrose. I completely agree with you; except I found the HD650s the deviation from the HD600 sound and the HD800s just brought things back.

 

post #1102 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post



 

 

 

Like mentioned in the pm, this confuses me from what i read earlier

Did some more google-fu and such and this seems more true than i imagined. Contradictions keep you sharp, but does not make things easier.



I found the LCD2 way too laid back my first listen, like the HD650. I have absolutely no idea why, because it's so visceral, powerful, and emotional it continues to drop my jaw. It's not "always" aggressive like a Grado might be, you can still relax with the LCD2, but with Metal that should be aggressive, it's an unbelievable presentation. It just presents everything in the absolute best way possible for me. I would rather have the LCD2 r1 than any other can in the world, no joke.

 

But of course you need an T1/HD800 for those times where your head isn't wanting a workout wink.gif
 

 

post #1103 of 10503



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoston.berko View Post

t1 is perfect ? not.

t1 is outstanding ? yes.

t1 is a one-can-solution ? nope.

t1 needs a funny-guy companion on my hifi-rack ? definitely.

grado is fun.

  i want comedy, laugh, excitement, italian wood, soul and easy comfort with miracle-human-vocalité.

rs2i is just 255 gramm's

see ? ...simple. redface.gif

 

 

Originally Posted by agoston.berko View Post

i also need a fun can next to t1.

t1 is smooth and laid back, precise and natural, and true sounding.

but vocal sux.

i'm looking for a more involving, more colored, fun can, with more pronounced mid range clarity and brighter sounding and lighter weighted can.

i think i will get rs2i or if somebody say its a bad idea then convince me and maybe i will reconsider it.

 

 



The T1 is an outstanding headphone.  A one headphone solution doesn't exist in my opinion, variety is the spice of life.   I would not agree that the T1 "vocal sux," midrange including vocals are exceptional. You have made up your mind to get either the RS1i or RS2i, so go and get it, certainly a contrasting headphone to the T1.  The wooden Grados are certainly light, but keep in mind they are supra -aural so you wouldn't want them to be as heavy as T1 or similar circum-aural.  The RS1 being more comfortable than the T1 is subjective; I prefer the comfort of the T1 but others will prefer the lighter Grado, many hate Grado comfort (or lack of).  Grado wood is certainly more coloured (Aussie spelling) than the neutral Beyer, but is it more fun?  Define fun, in the context of a headphone.  One person's "fun" could be described as another's "dislike"- different reactions to the same flavour.  The RS1 is certainly more in your face.  For me the Grado is a headphone for occasions and for some genres and some moods, too much Grado and it isn't fun for me, I found it a little fatiguing after a while.

 


Edited by Kernmac - 8/8/11 at 7:55pm
post #1104 of 10503

The RS1/RS1i are great fun cans...but high FIDELITY. Sorry, far from it. They are fun to own (and I think everyone should at one point own a Grado headphones...with my preference for the RS1/RS1i), but they are not even in the same league of high fidelity as the T1s. Sorry, not even close.

post #1105 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post





I found the LCD2 way too laid back my first listen, like the HD650. I have absolutely no idea why, because it's so visceral, powerful, and emotional it continues to drop my jaw. It's not "always" aggressive like a Grado might be, you can still relax with the LCD2, but with Metal that should be aggressive, it's an unbelievable presentation. It just presents everything in the absolute best way possible for me. I would rather have the LCD2 r1 than any other can in the world, no joke.

 

But of course you need an T1/HD800 for those times where your head isn't wanting a workout wink.gif
 

 


I hate you. In the most positive way, but still.

 

post #1106 of 10503
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post




I hate you. In the most positive way, but still.

 



Just showing a fellow Metalhead the way to bliss... deposit your $945 here very_evil_smiley.gif

post #1107 of 10503
Thread Starter 

I use my T1 for metal about 90% of the time. I think it's an excellent metal headphone.

post #1108 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

I use my T1 for metal about 90% of the time. I think it's an excellent metal headphone.



It definitely is, that's why I got it.

 

But it's not the pinnacle for the genre wink.gif

post #1109 of 10503
Thread Starter 

The best headphone for metal IMO is the RS1. It sounds great with metal but IMO it isn't worth it's price tag, thus I sold mine. I couldn't justify the difference in price from my SR-325i (at the time) and the RS1.

 

Also IMO the RS1 is not that good of a headphone. I just found them to be very under performing, even when properly amped and using a good source it still sounded bland I guess.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post

It definitely is, that's why I got it.

 

But it's not the pinnacle for the genre wink.gif

post #1110 of 10503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

The best headphone for metal IMO is the RS1. It sounds great with metal but IMO it isn't worth it's price tag, thus I sold mine. I couldn't justify the difference in price from my SR-325i (at the time) and the RS1.

 

Also IMO the RS1 is not that good of a headphone. I just found them to be very under performing, even when properly amped and using a good source it still sounded bland I guess.
 

Well like I said, people have said the T1 is even better for Rock than the RS1, and I don't consider the T1 at all a "Rock can".

 

But nothing touches the LCD2 r1 for Metal, period.
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread