I've got glass too. In the gain stage from my amp which is the Cavalli Liquid Fire. Before when I had the Woo WA22 it was too much glass for my taste and was lacking better bass definition.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 73post #1081 of 104778/8/11 at 9:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 104778/8/11 at 9:36amQuote:
T1 definately better than RS1 on a lot of aspects (bass, 3D, detail etc), the bottom line is that I don't really use RS1 any more. For fairer comparison you need to vs PS1000 or GS1000i etc.post #1083 of 104778/8/11 at 10:20amQuote:
How about midrange, brightness/highs(extension and detail), PRaT?post #1084 of 104778/8/11 at 11:46am
PS1000 is higher prized here (EU) then T1, so please compare than GS1000i vs T1.
I'm missing some musicality from T1 right now.
Is the RS1i not more lively-crisp-alive then T1 for vocals ?
But the GS1000i is a bit recessed for singer-voice ?
I think musicality comes from the midrange.
Please confirm.post #1085 of 104778/8/11 at 2:13pmpost #1086 of 104778/8/11 at 2:15pm
RS1 and T1 are simply very different sounding headphones. RS1 has a very up front presentation and limited soundstage, they are "aggressive", punchy and for me a headphone for occasions, there is plenty written about them on these forums. The T1 is less aggressive, more neutral, circumaural, better layering of the sound, an all rounder that performs well with all genres, completely different presentation to the Grado.
Edited by Kernmac - 8/8/11 at 2:23pmpost #1087 of 104778/8/11 at 2:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shahrose
For me the HD800s are superior technically. The difference is immediately noticeable. But the T1s are better balanced and have no glaring flaws in tone (unlike the stock HD800s, remedied partially with a recable).
I really don't think anyone can go wrong with a T1. They just sound good from everything and scale well. The HD800s are pickier in comparison and have the potential to sound much worse to much better, depending on the setup (IME).
Additionally, for anyone transitioning from the HD650s, the T1s are much easier to adjust to. The HD800s are a wild departure from the 650 Senn sound and a lot of people find the move up jarring.
Hmm forgot to mention that the T1 has the best imaging I've heard in a headphone. A bit better than even the silver-recabled HD800s and LCD-2, which I consider to be top notch in this regard.post #1088 of 104778/8/11 at 3:07pm
i'm talking about fun-factor now. how do they compare ?
firstly i listen to music to enjoy the time together with the records and artists, secondly for everything else (imaging, balance, speed...).
maybe i should try gs1000i or rs1i or rs2i.post #1089 of 104778/8/11 at 3:23pm
The RS1 is considered the "King of Rock". I've talked to multiple people who own both it and the T1 and they said they came to prefer the T1 for Rock. Considering the T1 is not at all what I would call a Rock-oriented can, that should say a lot.
If you want something more musical and involving than the T1, go for the LCD-2, HE500, LA7000, etc.
Edited by Alghazanth - 8/8/11 at 3:25pmpost #1090 of 104778/8/11 at 3:32pm
maybe i'm looking for better comfort too. clamping force on t1 is higher what i prefer. and weight too. i'm looking for maximum 250gramm. t1 is 350 + huge cable weight. (529.5 grams !!! .)
Edited by agoston.berko - 8/8/11 at 3:33pmpost #1091 of 104778/8/11 at 3:36pmQuote:
If you want significantly better comfort than the T1, all I can really think of is the HD800 and D/LA7000post #1092 of 104778/8/11 at 3:54pm
d7000 better comfort than gs1000i ?
i heard that gs1000i is the most comfortable grado ever. (after my modded px100-iGrado hybrid)
i don't care hd800. looks scary and like an idiot's-gear.
Edited by agoston.berko - 8/8/11 at 3:55pmpost #1093 of 104778/8/11 at 4:04pmQuote:post #1094 of 104778/8/11 at 4:06pm
The more i read the more i get the hunch that i'll be getting two new cans. A RS-1 for the agressive sound and a HE-500/T1/LCD-2 for a more balanced/wider sound.
My current cans,DT880 and SR325is, are that way and i like it.
Edited by Stitch - 8/8/11 at 4:07pmpost #1095 of 104778/8/11 at 4:09pmQuote:
LCD-2 can be insanely aggressive and visceral, it's why I call it the best Metal can in the world.
T1 and HE500, yea not so much.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 43 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 49 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 52 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 9 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 minutes ago
- › Need some Help regarding RCA Cables. 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 9 minutes ago
- › A very simple single-ended parafeed design 10 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 11 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear