Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 701

post #10501 of 10512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feilong4 View Post
 

I brought my T1's to a mini audio meet I had with some friends and they loved them! If I remember right, one commented how they liked the bass and how the treble was detailed and clear. 

 

Now I wonder if i dragged them into this wallet-draining journey of despair and audio bliss.


congrats for growing the hobby

post #10502 of 10512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feilong4 View Post

 
Now I wonder if i dragged them into this wallet-draining journey of despair and audio bliss.

Someone had to point them in the right direction sometimes. Your friends will be grateful later for doing so ...I think... Nevermind, damage is done..
post #10503 of 10512
Hi guys,

Can you guys advise me how t1 do on alo cdm? Can cdm handle t1
post #10504 of 10512

Hey people,

 

I'm thinking of shortening and re-terminating the cable of my T1s, probably terminating it with a single 4XLR plug at the end so I can swap different converter cables with ease (like the new 4.4mm plug so I can use the T1 directly with my Sony Walkman in balance mode, or back to the original SE 6.3mm etc).  I'm not looking at re-cabling the entire headphone starting from the ear cups - just looking at cutting the existing one. So has anyone cut open theirs before who can tell me what the actual core looks like? Are the core wires colour coded etc? On the outside it looks straight forward enough as it is two strands (one of each channel) that seems to be bonded together with the plastic sleeves only so doesn't seem like there would be any mistaking and the job should be pretty straight forward.


Edited by nanaholic - 2/7/17 at 1:44am
post #10505 of 10512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaholic View Post
 

Hey people,

 

I'm thinking of shortening and re-terminating the cable of my T1s, probably terminating it with a single 4XLR plug at the end so I can swap different converter cables with ease (like the new 4.4mm plug so I can use the T1 directly with my Sony Walkman in balance mode, or back to the original SE 6.3mm etc).  I'm not looking at re-cabling the entire headphone starting from the ear cups - just looking at cutting the existing one. So has anyone cut open theirs before who can tell me what the actual core looks like? Are the core wires colour coded etc? On the outside it looks straight forward enough as it is two strands (one of each channel) that seems to be bonded together with the plastic sleeves only so doesn't seem like there would be any mistaking and the job should be pretty straight forward.

There's a couple of versions floating around.  The older ones had cables that made it clearer as to how the pin-out config would've looked like, but newer mines like mine have a bunch of random, somewhat unhelpful colors.  Snip above the 6.3mm, and test each wire using a DMM would be your safest bet, especially for the later serial T1's.  And yes, do get some neutrik XLR w/ gold pins to match the original 6.3mm and make a nifty little 4 pin XLR-6.3mm converter as well.  Cheers!

post #10506 of 10512
It is worth burning T1 with mp3 songs (192-320kbps) ? or Songs ripped from CDR format (CDA 1411Kbps). Minumum songs for the 16bit / 96kHz FLAC / WAV. The optimum music in the form DSD64-DSD128 or 192kHz FLAC / WAV.
Now I use Fiio X7 AM5 (for burning/listening)

Now I'll try to leave out different noises and sine sweeps and use only normally lossless music.
Edited by marek17 - 2/7/17 at 10:13pm
post #10507 of 10512
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek17 View Post

It is worth burning T1 with mp3 songs (192-320kbps) ? or Songs ripped from CDR format (CDA 1411Kbps). Minumum songs for the 16bit / 96kHz FLAC / WAV. The optimum music in the form DSD64-DSD128 or 192kHz FLAC / WAV.
Now I use Fiio X7 AM5 (for burning/listening)

Personally not a believer in special burn-in.  Just listen to stuff you'd normally listen to and you'd be alright.

post #10508 of 10512
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek17 View Post

It is worth burning T1 with mp3 songs (192-320kbps) ? or Songs ripped from CDR format (CDA 1411Kbps). Minumum songs for the 16bit / 96kHz FLAC / WAV. The optimum music in the form DSD64-DSD128 or 192kHz FLAC / WAV.
Now I use Fiio X7 AM5 (for burning/listening)

Now I'll try to leave out different noises and sine sweeps and use only normally lossless music.

Regardless of whether burn-in has an effect or not. It should not matter what file type/music you are feeding it. Just plug it in and listen/enjoy. Or just leave your favorite playlist in a loop if you are not listening.

post #10509 of 10512
Thread Starter 

Wow, I've been off Head-Fi for a while and come back to see my thread is still alive and kicking. I still have my T1 but don't use them as often anymore. I've been using the Amiron Home and HD800 a ton. I do really want to try the second gen T1 though.

post #10510 of 10512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post
 

Wow, I've been off Head-Fi for a while and come back to see my thread is still alive and kicking. I still have my T1 but don't use them as often anymore. I've been using the Amiron Home and HD800 a ton. I do really want to try the second gen T1 though.

Well, welcome back.  I'd be interested in hearing your impressions of the 2nd gen T1.  I think the reviews are a bit mixed on whether it is an improvement from the original T1 or simply a re-tuning.

post #10511 of 10512


Since I'm too broke/cheap to get my T1's recabled, I got the next best thing. Cable sleeves!
post #10512 of 10512
I rewire itself handset (like DIY) or the company that I send them rewire? (Terminal miniXLR)
I found the page you rewire the headphones.
https://customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/headphone-modding-service/beyerdynamic-detachable-cable-mod.html
or
https://customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/headphone-modding-service/beyerdynamic-t1-modifications.html (worth to buy a kit Fit Damping Kit +£25.00)

DIY for Ktore miniXLR terminals / ports are the best?
switchcraft TB4MS ~17€ / TA4FS15 ~17€
Monacor XLR-408/p 6,5€ / XLR-407/J 8€
Edited by marek17 - 2/19/17 at 3:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread