- 1,609 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: So Cal
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 8post #106 of 79669/10/10 at 8:23amSo I stretched my budget Nd went with a WA2 to pair with my t1. How does that compare to the mapletree peter? Currently my t1 has been resting as I have no amp lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 79669/10/10 at 8:34amQuote:
Unfortunately I haven't heard the WA2 so I can't comment. The Mapletree is really good with the T1s and as an added bonus, the very best Grado amp I've heard to date.post #108 of 79669/10/10 at 10:01amQuote:
very interesting. thanks!post #109 of 79669/10/10 at 10:17am
Skylab can give you input. I bought his Decware and I will tell it was better on my Decware than the W00 6SE but the 2 is OTL on my combo it is exceptional,post #110 of 79669/10/10 at 10:25amQuote:
yea i heard great thingsa bout that Decware. yea, i didnt go with the 6SE because everyone including jack said the 2 is the way to go with the T1.post #111 of 79669/10/10 at 10:57ampost #112 of 79669/10/10 at 11:22amQuote:
Agree. The 6SE wasn't bad with the T1 just not as musical as the CSP-2. OTL seem to do real well with high impedance cans. Nos so great with low impedance IMO. Where the 6SE would fair better. I also didn't notice what tubes Jack had rolled in there but rest assured it was the premium deal parts wise. So if you use low impedance cans better buy the 6SE also. Then wife will have lots of light bulbs to look at. LOLpost #113 of 79669/10/10 at 12:09pmpost #114 of 79669/10/10 at 12:19pmQuote:
Cursed place this is!post #115 of 79669/10/10 at 12:21pm
I bought T1 because they are neat and I wanted to hear them off of my amp and I didn't get to hear them off of my amp when I had them on loan before canjam because I had sent my amp to Chicago so it could be with me at canjam a day before I got the T1 on loan and they didnt have a 4pinXLR on them anyways but I was supposed to put a 4pinXLR on them while I had them but I didnt know this so I didnt and I never got to hear them like I wanted to but now I will.Quote:
Your not even close to done :indra:post #116 of 79669/10/10 at 12:52pmQuote:
you still need one closed can and either the solid state amp or anothee Woo Hoo. Go get a part time job so you don't get the wife too pissed off. LMAO Evil is rightpost #117 of 79669/11/10 at 11:38am
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, perhaps even in this thread, but..
At this point, is there any knowledge re: a possible low impedance T1? A friend is going to purchase a pair, for his brother no less, and we would all prefer 32ohms.
Thanks, Clarkpost #118 of 79669/11/10 at 11:59amQuote:
Like the T5?
Edited by nikongod - 9/11/10 at 12:09pmpost #119 of 79669/11/10 at 11:59amThread Starter
There's the T5P that's sounds very similar to the T1, but it's closed and offers a 32ohm impedance.
EDIT: Typo in name of the headphones, now fixed.
Edited by Zombie_X - 9/11/10 at 2:26pmpost #120 of 79669/11/10 at 2:13pmQuote:
The T5P, same price but 32 Ohms, shorter cable, 3,5mm plug
The T50P is less than 1/3 in price and supraaural, not circumaural, not a full-sized headphone, but also 32 Ohms.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 2 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 11 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 12 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 14 minutes ago
- › do i need a sound card/dac if im using optical out? 16 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)