- 1,609 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: So Cal
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 8post #106 of 104799/10/10 at 8:23amSo I stretched my budget Nd went with a WA2 to pair with my t1. How does that compare to the mapletree peter? Currently my t1 has been resting as I have no amp lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 104799/10/10 at 8:34amQuote:
Unfortunately I haven't heard the WA2 so I can't comment. The Mapletree is really good with the T1s and as an added bonus, the very best Grado amp I've heard to date.post #108 of 104799/10/10 at 10:01amQuote:
very interesting. thanks!post #109 of 104799/10/10 at 10:17am
Skylab can give you input. I bought his Decware and I will tell it was better on my Decware than the W00 6SE but the 2 is OTL on my combo it is exceptional,post #110 of 104799/10/10 at 10:25amQuote:
yea i heard great thingsa bout that Decware. yea, i didnt go with the 6SE because everyone including jack said the 2 is the way to go with the T1.post #111 of 104799/10/10 at 10:57ampost #112 of 104799/10/10 at 11:22amQuote:
Agree. The 6SE wasn't bad with the T1 just not as musical as the CSP-2. OTL seem to do real well with high impedance cans. Nos so great with low impedance IMO. Where the 6SE would fair better. I also didn't notice what tubes Jack had rolled in there but rest assured it was the premium deal parts wise. So if you use low impedance cans better buy the 6SE also. Then wife will have lots of light bulbs to look at. LOLpost #113 of 104799/10/10 at 12:09pmpost #114 of 104799/10/10 at 12:19pmQuote:
Cursed place this is!post #115 of 104799/10/10 at 12:21pm
I bought T1 because they are neat and I wanted to hear them off of my amp and I didn't get to hear them off of my amp when I had them on loan before canjam because I had sent my amp to Chicago so it could be with me at canjam a day before I got the T1 on loan and they didnt have a 4pinXLR on them anyways but I was supposed to put a 4pinXLR on them while I had them but I didnt know this so I didnt and I never got to hear them like I wanted to but now I will.Quote:
Your not even close to done :indra:post #116 of 104799/10/10 at 12:52pmQuote:
you still need one closed can and either the solid state amp or anothee Woo Hoo. Go get a part time job so you don't get the wife too pissed off. LMAO Evil is rightpost #117 of 104799/11/10 at 11:38am
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, perhaps even in this thread, but..
At this point, is there any knowledge re: a possible low impedance T1? A friend is going to purchase a pair, for his brother no less, and we would all prefer 32ohms.
Thanks, Clarkpost #118 of 104799/11/10 at 11:59amQuote:
Like the T5?
Edited by nikongod - 9/11/10 at 12:09pmpost #119 of 104799/11/10 at 11:59amThread Starter
There's the T5P that's sounds very similar to the T1, but it's closed and offers a 32ohm impedance.
EDIT: Typo in name of the headphones, now fixed.
Edited by Zombie_X - 9/11/10 at 2:26pmpost #120 of 104799/11/10 at 2:13pmQuote:
The T5P, same price but 32 Ohms, shorter cable, 3,5mm plug
The T50P is less than 1/3 in price and supraaural, not circumaural, not a full-sized headphone, but also 32 Ohms.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 27 seconds ago
- › Open Back Headphones Under $500 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 7 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear