or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 10479

i really really really like that picture.  very well done. i hope i obtain some photography skills.  i just took some of my setup but they look like crap lol

 

edit: i actually spent more on the T woo stand but i love how yo uhave yours set up.  very classy! i might have ot make a switch


Edited by caracara08 - 8/3/11 at 5:13pm
post #1022 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Nice impressions and glad you like them. They are great with tubes for sure. I also have the D7000 for my closed time like now when my kids have the TV on they cant hear the T1 so there is still a place for me for my D7000.


Agreed...great impressions and I agree with them. Of my current headphones, I've had my T1s with me the longest...since Jan. of 2010. I was the first in Canada to buy them according to the sole Canadian distributor at the time....and I still really enjoy them with all genres of music.
post #1023 of 10479

You were right Macedonian - the T1s seem to sing a lot more on tubes.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Agreed...great impressions and I agree with them. Of my current headphones, I've had my T1s with me the longest...since Jan. of 2010. I was the first in Canada to buy them according to the sole Canadian distributor at the time....and I still really enjoy them with all genres of music.


 

post #1024 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

You were right Macedonian - the T1s seem to sing a lot more on tubes.
 



 


biggrin.gif
post #1025 of 10479

Just pulled the trigger on mine! Can't wait! L3000.gif

post #1026 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post

Just pulled the trigger on mine! Can't wait! L3000.gif


Congrats!

What amp/dac/source are you planning on using?
post #1027 of 10479

I recommend the Cavalli Liquid Fire Amp!!   http://www.cavalliaudio.com/products/liquid-fire-amp/DSC_0282.JPG

post #1028 of 10479

I've pulled the trigger too. dt880smile.png

 

Going to be using the WA6, might have to look at those driver tube options later too.... 

post #1029 of 10479

Help. I just sold my Audeze LCD-2's (too heavy but sounded great) and am now selling my Sennheiser HD-800's. I love these phones but my wife hates the sound leakage. I have read averythting I can find to get a handle on how much less leakage the T-1s would have compared to The Hd-800's?

 

If anyone who has first hand (not hypothetical) experience with this could help me out I would appreciate it. Seems like my Audeze leaked less as well

post #1030 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcaudio View Post

Help. I just sold my Audeze LCD-2's (too heavy but sounded great) and am now selling my Sennheiser HD-800's. I love these phones but my wife hates the sound leakage. I have read averythting I can find to get a handle on how much less leakage the T-1s would have compared to The Hd-800's?

 

If anyone who has first hand (not hypothetical) experience with this could help me out I would appreciate it. Seems like my Audeze leaked less as well


Hardly any difference...you're going to need to go with a good closed headphone (but stay away from the Denons as they leak almost as much as open headphones), or a really good IEM.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 8/4/11 at 8:04pm
post #1031 of 10479

Agreed, I was surprised at how useless the D7000s were when it came to isolating the sound. Arguably the most leakage out of all the phones I own.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Hardly any difference...you're going to need to go with a good closed headphone (but stay away from the Denons as they leak almost as much as open headphones), or a really good IEM.


 

post #1032 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Congrats!

What amp/dac/source are you planning on using?


Not sure on the DAC yet but fingers crossed the ALO Continental. Going to try and stay portable for the time being till I can afford a better amp later down the line. DAC wise I was hoping people could recommend some, ideally nothing too expensive (for now). See I'm in the process of buying a new flat (first time buyer) so don't want to invest too heavily not knowing how much of a deposit will be required....lol.

 


Edited by Naim.F.C - 8/4/11 at 9:00pm
post #1033 of 10479

Something to look for that will help avoid this in the future - isolation BEFORE 1khz. If their isolation starts at 1khz, they're going for comfort, not noise blocking. Check how the HD-280 and the DT-770 compare to Audio Technicas and Denons in that regard - but also remember which ones feel like big comfy pillows on your face and which ones put some real pressure on your jaw atsmile.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

Agreed, I was surprised at how useless the D7000s were when it came to isolating the sound. Arguably the most leakage out of all the phones I own.
 



 



 

post #1034 of 10479

#1651 -> headband change in Germany.

now with new serial number: #5186 here

 

new headband -> new #number

 

good comfort.

 

 

and ADE tuning WORKS !!!!!

 


Edited by agoston.berko - 8/5/11 at 3:47am
post #1035 of 10479

I just ordered the Liquid Fire (thanks to Icenine2's enthusiastic posts regarding said LF) and I am very happy that I was able to get one of the few remaining from the first run. I own the HD650 (which have opened up considerably in the past 2 years), the K701 (which its bass has become more responsive in the past 2 years), and the DT990 600 ohms (which has remain unchanged in the past year). I am vacillating between the LCD-2, HD800, and the T1. I know what your choice will be--the T1, I just need to tell you that I was on the fence at the moment--that's all. Besides, the T1's design is really clean and understated--nice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread