Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review of the all new Beyerdynamic T5p dynamic Headphone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of the all new Beyerdynamic T5p dynamic Headphone. - Page 5

post #61 of 89

 

You also prefer the ED8 to the ED10, and the SRH-840 to the SRH-940.

 

 

They are all good headphones, you are simply Yin, and I am Yang.

 

post #62 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

You also prefer the ED8 to the ED10, and the SRH-840 to the SRH-940.

 

 

They are all good headphones, you are simply Yin, and I am Yang.

 

 

I thought I was Yang? tongue.gif


 

 

post #63 of 89
Hey guys, I wonder if you could help.

I'm not rich, and am looking for an incredible sounding headphone for on the go.

At the moment I'm using Grado GR10 IEM's and have been using only in-ear for when I am out and about. I've never really been into Full Sized Headphones, but due to a fault with my Grado's I can use them to upgrade to the T5p.

The only full sized 'phones I've tried recently are the Denon D2000 which are heavy in feel and lacking the clarity of my IEM.

What musical / sound advantages would I notice going down the T5p route? As for the bass, is it really as non-existant as some say or just not over the top?

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif
post #64 of 89


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTinSPACE View Post

Hey guys, I wonder if you could help.

I'm not rich, and am looking for an incredible sounding headphone for on the go.

At the moment I'm using Grado GR10 IEM's and have been using only in-ear for when I am out and about. I've never really been into Full Sized Headphones, but due to a fault with my Grado's I can use them to upgrade to the T5p.

The only full sized 'phones I've tried recently are the Denon D2000 which are heavy in feel and lacking the clarity of my IEM.

What musical / sound advantages would I notice going down the T5p route? As for the bass, is it really as non-existant as some say or just not over the top?

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif


 

It all depends on what you expect from headphones. T5ps will provde good isolation, great detailing, soundstage. On the other hand they will have weaker bass than you are accustomed to.

post #65 of 89
Well in terms of an IEM, the GR10's also very understated in the low-end dept.

I would just expect a bigger set of.headphones to provide a.satisfying level of bass. I am by no means a basshead but do love a sense of depth and extension, with.natural decay on my low end.
post #66 of 89


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTinSPACE View Post

Well in terms of an IEM, the GR10's also very understated in the low-end dept.

I would just expect a bigger set of.headphones to provide a.satisfying level of bass. I am by no means a basshead but do love a sense of depth and extension, with.natural decay on my low end.


Do not expect anything in general. Each headphone is different and no assumption can be made just by the fact that it is a full-size thing.

 

post #67 of 89

these are great sounding headphones. loving the comfort and portability.

post #68 of 89

so are the t5p less bassy than the t1?

post #69 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

so are the t5p less bassy than the t1?



They are. T5s need a really good source to shine, same as T1s.

 

post #70 of 89

There is something I don't understand...I own the D7000s and people around me can hear my music very easily, almost like an open can (that because there is a little gap between the cup and the frame)...my question is about the T5p, are these cans real closed cans? I mean, can people around you, hear your music easily? Some comment says that the T5 are slightly better than the D7000 in terms of isolation...so I really don't understand.

 

 

Somebody that checked the isolation of both the cans?

post #71 of 89
Thread Starter 


This all depends on the shape of your head vs the can/pad shape. You need to just try the various phones on your head to find the best sealed option. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by impermanente View Post

There is something I don't understand...I own the D7000s and people around me can hear my music very easily, almost like an open can (that because there is a little gap between the cup and the frame)...my question is about the T5p, are these cans real closed cans? I mean, can people around you, hear your music easily? Some comment says that the T5 are slightly better than the D7000 in terms of isolation...so I really don't understand.

 

 

Somebody that checked the isolation of both the cans?



 

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #72 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by impermanente View Post

There is something I don't understand...I own the D7000s and people around me can hear my music very easily, almost like an open can (that because there is a little gap between the cup and the frame)...my question is about the T5p, are these cans real closed cans? I mean, can people around you, hear your music easily? Some comment says that the T5 are slightly better than the D7000 in terms of isolation...so I really don't understand.

 

 

Somebody that checked the isolation of both the cans?


As good as the D7000s sound, the lack of isolation was the reason I sold them. I've found that the T5ps were better in that regard (not that its hard to be better than the Denons for isolation). The best headphone for isolation I've found is the Ed. 8 FWIW.

 

post #73 of 89

T5ps have incomparatively better in isolation than D7000.

post #74 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

T5ps have incomparatively better in isolation than D7000.



Agreed. But as mentioned this isn't the hardest thing in the world. According to Headroom, they isolate between 10-15dB while the D7000s are between 8-12dB. FWIW, the Ed.8s come in between 20-30dB.

post #75 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post





Agreed. But as mentioned this isn't the hardest thing in the world. According to Headroom, they isolate between 10-15dB while the D7000s are between 8-12dB. FWIW, the Ed.8s come in between 20-30dB.



 

why do the best closed headphones have to cost so much frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review of the all new Beyerdynamic T5p dynamic Headphone.