I'm thinking about buying one of the two but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Any input or recommendations?
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 1 or Westone UM1? Last post on 9/17/10 at 12:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing my UM-1's Last post on 9/24/10 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanna change my IEMs, any ideas ? Last post on 11/9/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Finally give up on IEMs, any portable headphone recommendation Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help : fischer audio dba02 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 99/28/13 at 9:54am
Don't know. I am having the same problem too. i think the Westone 1 are better though, because they were made for media players and phones. I am getting the 1, but that is my choice. try them you never know..............................post #3 of 99/28/13 at 11:00am
Both could consider the earsonic sm1v2 (twfk knowles with detachable cable)post #4 of 99/29/13 at 6:39ampost #5 of 99/29/13 at 6:40ampost #6 of 99/29/13 at 6:47ampost #7 of 99/29/13 at 6:51ampost #8 of 99/29/13 at 7:55ampost #9 of 99/29/13 at 9:09amHaving heard both the SE215 and the SM1 (I still own the SM1), I wouldn't recommend the SM1 for dubstep mainly because the bass impact and dynamics are far better on the SE215 for dubstep/electronic/bass-driven music. That's not to say that dynamics are bad on the SM1, or that it lacks bass. It's all there, but its far more neutral bordering. So compared to the SE215, the SM1 could be perceived as being unengaging as a result. I will say that the SM1 was much more comfortable to my ears than the SE215 was, I found the cable to be heavy for my liking. That said you could always get an aftermarket cable for the SE215 if that really bothers you. The UE900 replacement cable is nice and light and works with the SE215 if I'm not mistaken as well.
Edited by outmywindow - 9/29/13 at 9:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 27 seconds ago
- › Vivo XPlay 5 2 minutes ago
- › LFF Paradox Slants - Free worldwide shipping 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 6 minutes ago
- › Best low profile headphone for music, movies and gaming 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 VS Creative Aurvana live! for bass and... 8 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 8 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 8 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Upcoming Dedicated headphone amp release. 10 minutes ago
- › Looking for <€100 forward sounding energetic IEMs 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...