I'm thinking about buying one of the two but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Any input or recommendations?
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 1 or Westone UM1? Last post on 9/17/10 at 12:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing my UM-1's Last post on 9/24/10 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanna change my IEMs, any ideas ? Last post on 11/9/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Finally give up on IEMs, any portable headphone recommendation Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help : fischer audio dba02 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/28/13 at 9:54am
Don't know. I am having the same problem too. i think the Westone 1 are better though, because they were made for media players and phones. I am getting the 1, but that is my choice. try them you never know..............................post #3 of 99/28/13 at 11:00am
Both could consider the earsonic sm1v2 (twfk knowles with detachable cable)post #4 of 99/29/13 at 6:39ampost #5 of 99/29/13 at 6:40ampost #6 of 99/29/13 at 6:47ampost #7 of 99/29/13 at 6:51ampost #8 of 99/29/13 at 7:55ampost #9 of 99/29/13 at 9:09amHaving heard both the SE215 and the SM1 (I still own the SM1), I wouldn't recommend the SM1 for dubstep mainly because the bass impact and dynamics are far better on the SE215 for dubstep/electronic/bass-driven music. That's not to say that dynamics are bad on the SM1, or that it lacks bass. It's all there, but its far more neutral bordering. So compared to the SE215, the SM1 could be perceived as being unengaging as a result. I will say that the SM1 was much more comfortable to my ears than the SE215 was, I found the cable to be heavy for my liking. That said you could always get an aftermarket cable for the SE215 if that really bothers you. The UE900 replacement cable is nice and light and works with the SE215 if I'm not mistaken as well.
Edited by outmywindow - 9/29/13 at 9:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 or Sound Blaster Z 9 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 11 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 11 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80e vs Beyerdynamic dt880 14 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 14 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)