I'm thinking about buying one of the two but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Any input or recommendations?
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 1 or Westone UM1? Last post on 9/17/10 at 12:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing my UM-1's Last post on 9/24/10 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanna change my IEMs, any ideas ? Last post on 11/9/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Finally give up on IEMs, any portable headphone recommendation Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help : fischer audio dba02 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 99/28/13 at 9:54am
Don't know. I am having the same problem too. i think the Westone 1 are better though, because they were made for media players and phones. I am getting the 1, but that is my choice. try them you never know..............................post #3 of 99/28/13 at 11:00am
Both could consider the earsonic sm1v2 (twfk knowles with detachable cable)post #4 of 99/29/13 at 6:39ampost #5 of 99/29/13 at 6:40ampost #6 of 99/29/13 at 6:47ampost #7 of 99/29/13 at 6:51ampost #8 of 99/29/13 at 7:55ampost #9 of 99/29/13 at 9:09amHaving heard both the SE215 and the SM1 (I still own the SM1), I wouldn't recommend the SM1 for dubstep mainly because the bass impact and dynamics are far better on the SE215 for dubstep/electronic/bass-driven music. That's not to say that dynamics are bad on the SM1, or that it lacks bass. It's all there, but its far more neutral bordering. So compared to the SE215, the SM1 could be perceived as being unengaging as a result. I will say that the SM1 was much more comfortable to my ears than the SE215 was, I found the cable to be heavy for my liking. That said you could always get an aftermarket cable for the SE215 if that really bothers you. The UE900 replacement cable is nice and light and works with the SE215 if I'm not mistaken as well.
Edited by outmywindow - 9/29/13 at 9:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex TH900 mods 6 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 vs Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Advice related to AV and speakers and stuffs. 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2