I'm thinking about buying one of the two but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Any input or recommendations?
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 1 or Westone UM1? Last post on 9/17/10 at 12:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing my UM-1's Last post on 9/24/10 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanna change my IEMs, any ideas ? Last post on 11/9/10 at 4:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Finally give up on IEMs, any portable headphone recommendation Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help : fischer audio dba02 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a DAC/AMP built...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 99/28/13 at 9:54am
Don't know. I am having the same problem too. i think the Westone 1 are better though, because they were made for media players and phones. I am getting the 1, but that is my choice. try them you never know..............................post #3 of 99/28/13 at 11:00am
Both could consider the earsonic sm1v2 (twfk knowles with detachable cable)post #4 of 99/29/13 at 6:39ampost #5 of 99/29/13 at 6:40ampost #6 of 99/29/13 at 6:47ampost #7 of 99/29/13 at 6:51ampost #8 of 99/29/13 at 7:55ampost #9 of 99/29/13 at 9:09amHaving heard both the SE215 and the SM1 (I still own the SM1), I wouldn't recommend the SM1 for dubstep mainly because the bass impact and dynamics are far better on the SE215 for dubstep/electronic/bass-driven music. That's not to say that dynamics are bad on the SM1, or that it lacks bass. It's all there, but its far more neutral bordering. So compared to the SE215, the SM1 could be perceived as being unengaging as a result. I will say that the SM1 was much more comfortable to my ears than the SE215 was, I found the cable to be heavy for my liking. That said you could always get an aftermarket cable for the SE215 if that really bothers you. The UE900 replacement cable is nice and light and works with the SE215 if I'm not mistaken as well.
Edited by outmywindow - 9/29/13 at 9:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Denon AH-MM400 3 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 4 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 45 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Headset and PS4 Setup 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2