sorry late to this party. how does this work as pre-amp? i see no volume control anyone try their W4SmPRE product which is dac/pre and has volume? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Wa4 DAC-2 can be a pre-amp. It has a small remote control for volume, input selection, Balance, HT Bypass and a couple of other options. It has both RCA unbalanced and XLR Balanced outs.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/2/13 at 2:33pm
I just got a DAC-2. I'm hearing a constant 0.5-1s delay in the output relative to what I see on my computer screen. This is not problematic for audio play back but when I'm trying to watch movies or watch video clips online, it becomes a huge annoyance due to video and audio not in sync. Do you guys know how I can correct this issue? Thanks in advance
I had similar problem years ago with my HTPC. I would start with unistalling DAC drivers and clearing registry with for example jv16 power tools and then restarting PC and installing drivers again.
If this does not help quick re installation of OS will defo solve your problem.
Also easy way of testing is taking your DAC to different PC and making sure it is working no problem there.
My bad, should have provided more details.
I'm using a MBP retina with usb out. I play audio using amarra and video using VLC player. There are no options to adjust output from the macbook to the DAC. So I'm not sure what is wrong in the chain. I've never noticed the same problem using inferior dacs such as the schiit bifrost
I have just formatted my macbook and the same issue still persist. no idea what to do. Help guys?
Edited by ribeye - 3/30/13 at 10:53pm
I don't say I'm right, but I have a W4S DAC-2 and my experience is consistent with yours. And that is exactly what I expect to happen.
One of the features of the W4S as I read about it was how it handles a USB inputted signal. It stores the sound in a buffer and re-clocks it and then sends it out. This takes a few milliseconds compared to the way the other inputs pass the signal. I know exactly what you are talking about. When I use Airplay to all my rooms, if the W4S is using the USB input the sound is delayed. But try another input and you will see there is no delay.
I have used the USB output of my MacBook Pro to the W4S. But I have also used the optical output directly from the laptop. You can get an adapter cable to go from the smaller Toslink plug of the laptop to the standard square shape input of the W4S.
Everything you say about your setup suggests to me that there is nothing wrong at all. Try using the optical out (Toslink) of the MacBook when you are watching a movie and your problem will disappear. The jury is still out I think about which input on the W4S is the best anyway. I believe the whole purpose of making the W4S is so that the USB input can finally be as 'audio-quality' as the other inputs. That was not always the case.
No easy way to get SPDIF out of a MacBook Pro...
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 38 seconds ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 46 seconds ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 56 seconds ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › For Sale: Fiio X3 barely used $100 shipped in CONUS only 2 minutes ago
- › Closed can with good sound stage 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Budget Review: LG QuadBeat (SE) vs MH1 vs UE200 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)