sorry late to this party. how does this work as pre-amp? i see no volume control anyone try their W4SmPRE product which is dac/pre and has volume? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 67
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The Wa4 DAC-2 can be a pre-amp. It has a small remote control for volume, input selection, Balance, HT Bypass and a couple of other options. It has both RCA unbalanced and XLR Balanced outs.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/2/13 at 2:33pm
I just got a DAC-2. I'm hearing a constant 0.5-1s delay in the output relative to what I see on my computer screen. This is not problematic for audio play back but when I'm trying to watch movies or watch video clips online, it becomes a huge annoyance due to video and audio not in sync. Do you guys know how I can correct this issue? Thanks in advance
I had similar problem years ago with my HTPC. I would start with unistalling DAC drivers and clearing registry with for example jv16 power tools and then restarting PC and installing drivers again.
If this does not help quick re installation of OS will defo solve your problem.
Also easy way of testing is taking your DAC to different PC and making sure it is working no problem there.
My bad, should have provided more details.
I'm using a MBP retina with usb out. I play audio using amarra and video using VLC player. There are no options to adjust output from the macbook to the DAC. So I'm not sure what is wrong in the chain. I've never noticed the same problem using inferior dacs such as the schiit bifrost
I have just formatted my macbook and the same issue still persist. no idea what to do. Help guys?
Edited by ribeye - 3/30/13 at 10:53pm
I don't say I'm right, but I have a W4S DAC-2 and my experience is consistent with yours. And that is exactly what I expect to happen.
One of the features of the W4S as I read about it was how it handles a USB inputted signal. It stores the sound in a buffer and re-clocks it and then sends it out. This takes a few milliseconds compared to the way the other inputs pass the signal. I know exactly what you are talking about. When I use Airplay to all my rooms, if the W4S is using the USB input the sound is delayed. But try another input and you will see there is no delay.
I have used the USB output of my MacBook Pro to the W4S. But I have also used the optical output directly from the laptop. You can get an adapter cable to go from the smaller Toslink plug of the laptop to the standard square shape input of the W4S.
Everything you say about your setup suggests to me that there is nothing wrong at all. Try using the optical out (Toslink) of the MacBook when you are watching a movie and your problem will disappear. The jury is still out I think about which input on the W4S is the best anyway. I believe the whole purpose of making the W4S is so that the USB input can finally be as 'audio-quality' as the other inputs. That was not always the case.
We'll have to contact Clint. The group tends to focus on what counts and not what's trending. I'd like to see DSD playback capability.
No easy way to get SPDIF out of a MacBook Pro...
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 38 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 54 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 7 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2