sorry late to this party. how does this work as pre-amp? i see no volume control anyone try their W4SmPRE product which is dac/pre and has volume? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 67
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #992 of 13903/2/13 at 1:20pm
The Wa4 DAC-2 can be a pre-amp. It has a small remote control for volume, input selection, Balance, HT Bypass and a couple of other options. It has both RCA unbalanced and XLR Balanced outs.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/2/13 at 2:33pmpost #993 of 13903/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #994 of 13903/30/13 at 1:07pm
I just got a DAC-2. I'm hearing a constant 0.5-1s delay in the output relative to what I see on my computer screen. This is not problematic for audio play back but when I'm trying to watch movies or watch video clips online, it becomes a huge annoyance due to video and audio not in sync. Do you guys know how I can correct this issue? Thanks in advancepost #995 of 13903/30/13 at 3:09pm
I had similar problem years ago with my HTPC. I would start with unistalling DAC drivers and clearing registry with for example jv16 power tools and then restarting PC and installing drivers again.
If this does not help quick re installation of OS will defo solve your problem.
Also easy way of testing is taking your DAC to different PC and making sure it is working no problem there.
post #996 of 13903/30/13 at 3:39pmpost #997 of 13903/30/13 at 6:05pmpost #998 of 13903/30/13 at 8:47pm
My bad, should have provided more details.
I'm using a MBP retina with usb out. I play audio using amarra and video using VLC player. There are no options to adjust output from the macbook to the DAC. So I'm not sure what is wrong in the chain. I've never noticed the same problem using inferior dacs such as the schiit bifrost
I have just formatted my macbook and the same issue still persist. no idea what to do. Help guys?
Edited by ribeye - 3/30/13 at 10:53pmpost #999 of 13903/31/13 at 4:46am
I don't say I'm right, but I have a W4S DAC-2 and my experience is consistent with yours. And that is exactly what I expect to happen.
One of the features of the W4S as I read about it was how it handles a USB inputted signal. It stores the sound in a buffer and re-clocks it and then sends it out. This takes a few milliseconds compared to the way the other inputs pass the signal. I know exactly what you are talking about. When I use Airplay to all my rooms, if the W4S is using the USB input the sound is delayed. But try another input and you will see there is no delay.
I have used the USB output of my MacBook Pro to the W4S. But I have also used the optical output directly from the laptop. You can get an adapter cable to go from the smaller Toslink plug of the laptop to the standard square shape input of the W4S.
Everything you say about your setup suggests to me that there is nothing wrong at all. Try using the optical out (Toslink) of the MacBook when you are watching a movie and your problem will disappear. The jury is still out I think about which input on the W4S is the best anyway. I believe the whole purpose of making the W4S is so that the USB input can finally be as 'audio-quality' as the other inputs. That was not always the case.post #1000 of 13903/31/13 at 5:09ampost #1001 of 13903/31/13 at 11:21pmQuote:
+1post #1002 of 13904/1/13 at 6:29amThread Starterpost #1003 of 13904/1/13 at 12:42pm
We'll have to contact Clint. The group tends to focus on what counts and not what's trending. I'd like to see DSD playback capability.post #1004 of 13904/6/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
No easy way to get SPDIF out of a MacBook Pro...post #1005 of 13904/6/13 at 12:47pm
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Grado ps500 7 seconds ago
- › Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit 35 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › AK70 "Misty Mint" with mint leather case 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 6 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 7 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear