sorry late to this party. how does this work as pre-amp? i see no volume control anyone try their W4SmPRE product which is dac/pre and has volume? thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/18/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 67
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #992 of 13083/2/13 at 1:20pm
The Wa4 DAC-2 can be a pre-amp. It has a small remote control for volume, input selection, Balance, HT Bypass and a couple of other options. It has both RCA unbalanced and XLR Balanced outs.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/2/13 at 2:33pmpost #993 of 13083/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #994 of 13083/30/13 at 1:07pm
I just got a DAC-2. I'm hearing a constant 0.5-1s delay in the output relative to what I see on my computer screen. This is not problematic for audio play back but when I'm trying to watch movies or watch video clips online, it becomes a huge annoyance due to video and audio not in sync. Do you guys know how I can correct this issue? Thanks in advancepost #995 of 13083/30/13 at 3:09pm
I had similar problem years ago with my HTPC. I would start with unistalling DAC drivers and clearing registry with for example jv16 power tools and then restarting PC and installing drivers again.
If this does not help quick re installation of OS will defo solve your problem.
Also easy way of testing is taking your DAC to different PC and making sure it is working no problem there.
post #996 of 13083/30/13 at 3:39pmpost #997 of 13083/30/13 at 6:05pmpost #998 of 13083/30/13 at 8:47pm
My bad, should have provided more details.
I'm using a MBP retina with usb out. I play audio using amarra and video using VLC player. There are no options to adjust output from the macbook to the DAC. So I'm not sure what is wrong in the chain. I've never noticed the same problem using inferior dacs such as the schiit bifrost
I have just formatted my macbook and the same issue still persist. no idea what to do. Help guys?
Edited by ribeye - 3/30/13 at 10:53pmpost #999 of 13083/31/13 at 4:46am
I don't say I'm right, but I have a W4S DAC-2 and my experience is consistent with yours. And that is exactly what I expect to happen.
One of the features of the W4S as I read about it was how it handles a USB inputted signal. It stores the sound in a buffer and re-clocks it and then sends it out. This takes a few milliseconds compared to the way the other inputs pass the signal. I know exactly what you are talking about. When I use Airplay to all my rooms, if the W4S is using the USB input the sound is delayed. But try another input and you will see there is no delay.
I have used the USB output of my MacBook Pro to the W4S. But I have also used the optical output directly from the laptop. You can get an adapter cable to go from the smaller Toslink plug of the laptop to the standard square shape input of the W4S.
Everything you say about your setup suggests to me that there is nothing wrong at all. Try using the optical out (Toslink) of the MacBook when you are watching a movie and your problem will disappear. The jury is still out I think about which input on the W4S is the best anyway. I believe the whole purpose of making the W4S is so that the USB input can finally be as 'audio-quality' as the other inputs. That was not always the case.post #1000 of 13083/31/13 at 5:09ampost #1001 of 13083/31/13 at 11:21pmQuote:
+1post #1002 of 13084/1/13 at 6:29amThread Starterpost #1003 of 13084/1/13 at 12:42pmpost #1004 of 13084/6/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
No easy way to get SPDIF out of a MacBook Pro...
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Maestral´s Had-AudioLab from Croatia Europe 7 seconds ago
- › upgrade headphones first, or go ahead and get dac/amp stack? 31 seconds ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › Beyer DT-880 vs Custom One Pro 2 minutes ago
- › The best headphones in terms of dynamics 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital