Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 66

post #976 of 1347
Thread Starter 

I have mine to default.  It seems like we had a huge discussion over this some time back.  I think Warrior Ant was playing with it.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #977 of 1347

damn, bought 8m usb cable, but its not working. device not recogniased. exactly the same cable only 5m works fine. :/

post #978 of 1347

probably a bad cable, but that's still way longer than usb2 recommended length of 3m

post #979 of 1347

W4S DAC-2 is in the house!

 

 

post #980 of 1347

You're family now!

beerchug.gif

post #981 of 1347
Thread Starter 

Nice!

post #982 of 1347

W4S and Tubes! This is a happy combo.....Family reunion?.Where is the potato salad?  biggrin.gif

post #983 of 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

W4S DAC-2 is in the house!

 

 

Congrats!

post #984 of 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Congrats!

Thanks Peter! I have been jonesing for this one for a year!

post #985 of 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Thanks Peter! I have been jonesing for this one for a year!

 

I think you'll be very happy with it! I've had mine for about 18 months and still love it!

post #986 of 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

W4S and Tubes! This is a happy combo.....Family reunion?.Where is the potato salad?  biggrin.gif

 

I'll save my allotment of carbs for Sweet Potato Pie. evil_smiley.gif

post #987 of 1347

Glad to see someone else in the Decware W4S clan.  I think W4S fans are almost as ardent as Decware fans and for much the same reasons.  

post #988 of 1347

I happened on one in a Hi-Fi store a year ago. It was in on trade. I got to listen for several hours with my HD650's through a Cary SLI-80....The Decware was a way to get tubes for several thousand less....I am very pleased right now! Decware is an unreal bargain and a great pairing with the DAC-2.

 

BTW, The W4S DAC-2 has so much slam on the low end and wonderful spaciousness with the 650's....biggrin.gif

post #989 of 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I happened on one in a Hi-Fi store a year ago. It was in on trade. I got to listen for several hours with my HD650's through a Cary SLI-80....The Decware was a way to get tubes for several thousand less....I am very pleased right now! Decware is an unreal bargain and a great pairing with the DAC-2.

 

BTW, The W4S DAC-2 has so much slam on the low end and wonderful spaciousness with the 650's....biggrin.gif

Gees..u beat me to it..i am also comtemplating to buy one in 2 months or so...am glad to hear the dac does well with tubes...what cables u use to connect the dac2 to ur dec? Toxic ones?biggrin.gif

that black in black will look gorgeous with my simple but classy black beautywink.gif


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/24/13 at 6:56pm
post #990 of 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I happened on one in a Hi-Fi store a year ago. It was in on trade. I got to listen for several hours with my HD650's through a Cary SLI-80....The Decware was a way to get tubes for several thousand less....I am very pleased right now! Decware is an unreal bargain and a great pairing with the DAC-2.

BTW, The W4S DAC-2 has so much slam on the low end and wonderful spaciousness with the 650's....biggrin.gif
Gees..u beat me to it..i am also comtemplating to buy one in 2 months or so...am glad to hear the dac does well with tubes...what cables u use to connect the dac2 to ur dec? Toxic ones?biggrin.gif
that black in black will look gorgeous with my simple but classy black beauty;)
I am currently using an Audioquest Cinnamon USB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?