Any comments about the USB implementation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hah, got my dac2 recently from hpz, listened it today... ill just say im speechless... what a breathtaking sound for me it is. coming from icon udac, benchmark dac1 and now w4s dac2. i tought from dac1 to w4s dac2 its a little step up but its like 1000 steps up. very impressed!!! my ears have not heard any better sq.
Edited by aivar1988 - 12/28/12 at 2:36pm
I'd enjoy comparing it with other DACs like the NAD
It's always nice to hear others are enjoying their DAC-2s
I'm just starting to experiment with a Mac Mini usb to Stello U3 aes/ebu to DAC-2 ... will post on that soon
Using my W4S shoe box, I compared USB input to Coaxial input and the latter made quick work of the observation. Took only seconds. Though, since it wasn't costing me anything, I listened much longer. Still using Coax...
Lots of folks have said they greatly prefer the DAC-2 coax and aes/ebu to its internal async usb. Also, the Stello U3 is a highly regarded converter.
The scientist in me had to try it out for myself. It should make for some fun comparisons.
waiting for your conclusions already.
I'd been using a Burson 160D for its DAC channel-- and getting frustrated as it would sound as if it became clogged during complex musical passages. Since receiving the W4S-DAC2, what used to sound confused (bordering on jumbled) now sounds clean. Not enough hours with it to give a real review, but out my initial impressions are quite positive. Macbook Pro > W4S DAC-2 > Woo Audio WA5LE > Sennheiser HD800.
I've only had the DAC-2 for a couple of days, now. But, the difference in SQ was immediately appreciable when I had it replace a Channel Islands (CI) VDA2/VAC1 combo.
Mostly, I've noticed better transparency. Vocals and instruments are more clearly perceived and accurately placed in the soundstage. So, the presentation of sound feels more visceral.
I was running the CI gear via optical from my Macbook Pro but am now running via USB.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Unable to display images 13 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)