Any comments about the USB implementation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hah, got my dac2 recently from hpz, listened it today... ill just say im speechless... what a breathtaking sound for me it is. coming from icon udac, benchmark dac1 and now w4s dac2. i tought from dac1 to w4s dac2 its a little step up but its like 1000 steps up. very impressed!!! my ears have not heard any better sq.
Edited by aivar1988 - 12/28/12 at 2:36pm
I'd enjoy comparing it with other DACs like the NAD
It's always nice to hear others are enjoying their DAC-2s
I'm just starting to experiment with a Mac Mini usb to Stello U3 aes/ebu to DAC-2 ... will post on that soon
Using my W4S shoe box, I compared USB input to Coaxial input and the latter made quick work of the observation. Took only seconds. Though, since it wasn't costing me anything, I listened much longer. Still using Coax...
Lots of folks have said they greatly prefer the DAC-2 coax and aes/ebu to its internal async usb. Also, the Stello U3 is a highly regarded converter.
The scientist in me had to try it out for myself. It should make for some fun comparisons.
waiting for your conclusions already.
I'd been using a Burson 160D for its DAC channel-- and getting frustrated as it would sound as if it became clogged during complex musical passages. Since receiving the W4S-DAC2, what used to sound confused (bordering on jumbled) now sounds clean. Not enough hours with it to give a real review, but out my initial impressions are quite positive. Macbook Pro > W4S DAC-2 > Woo Audio WA5LE > Sennheiser HD800.
I've only had the DAC-2 for a couple of days, now. But, the difference in SQ was immediately appreciable when I had it replace a Channel Islands (CI) VDA2/VAC1 combo.
Mostly, I've noticed better transparency. Vocals and instruments are more clearly perceived and accurately placed in the soundstage. So, the presentation of sound feels more visceral.
I was running the CI gear via optical from my Macbook Pro but am now running via USB.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-301 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 12 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 12 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 13 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2