Any comments about the USB implementation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 65post #961 of 139012/20/12 at 7:34pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #962 of 139012/21/12 at 9:09amThread Starterpost #963 of 139012/28/12 at 2:24pm
Hah, got my dac2 recently from hpz, listened it today... ill just say im speechless... what a breathtaking sound for me it is. coming from icon udac, benchmark dac1 and now w4s dac2. i tought from dac1 to w4s dac2 its a little step up but its like 1000 steps up. very impressed!!! my ears have not heard any better sq.
Edited by aivar1988 - 12/28/12 at 2:36pmpost #964 of 139012/28/12 at 3:28pm
I'd enjoy comparing it with other DACs like the NAD
It's always nice to hear others are enjoying their DAC-2s
I'm just starting to experiment with a Mac Mini usb to Stello U3 aes/ebu to DAC-2 ... will post on that soonpost #965 of 139012/28/12 at 4:51pmpost #966 of 139012/28/12 at 5:50pmpost #967 of 139012/28/12 at 7:12pmpost #968 of 139012/28/12 at 9:40pmThread Starterpost #969 of 139012/29/12 at 12:57am
Using my W4S shoe box, I compared USB input to Coaxial input and the latter made quick work of the observation. Took only seconds. Though, since it wasn't costing me anything, I listened much longer. Still using Coax...post #970 of 139012/29/12 at 12:06pm
Lots of folks have said they greatly prefer the DAC-2 coax and aes/ebu to its internal async usb. Also, the Stello U3 is a highly regarded converter.
The scientist in me had to try it out for myself. It should make for some fun comparisons.post #971 of 139012/29/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
waiting for your conclusions already.post #972 of 13901/7/13 at 12:03am
I'd been using a Burson 160D for its DAC channel-- and getting frustrated as it would sound as if it became clogged during complex musical passages. Since receiving the W4S-DAC2, what used to sound confused (bordering on jumbled) now sounds clean. Not enough hours with it to give a real review, but out my initial impressions are quite positive. Macbook Pro > W4S DAC-2 > Woo Audio WA5LE > Sennheiser HD800.post #973 of 13901/12/13 at 12:02pm
I've only had the DAC-2 for a couple of days, now. But, the difference in SQ was immediately appreciable when I had it replace a Channel Islands (CI) VDA2/VAC1 combo.
Mostly, I've noticed better transparency. Vocals and instruments are more clearly perceived and accurately placed in the soundstage. So, the presentation of sound feels more visceral.
I was running the CI gear via optical from my Macbook Pro but am now running via USB.post #974 of 13901/13/13 at 7:37amThread Starter
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 11 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5P Owner's Club 12 minutes ago
- › iFi micro iDSD USB DAC Headamp 13 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear