Any comments about the USB implementation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 11/7/12 at 6:51am in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 4/29/13 at 12:37pm in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hah, got my dac2 recently from hpz, listened it today... ill just say im speechless... what a breathtaking sound for me it is. coming from icon udac, benchmark dac1 and now w4s dac2. i tought from dac1 to w4s dac2 its a little step up but its like 1000 steps up. very impressed!!! my ears have not heard any better sq.
Edited by aivar1988 - 12/28/12 at 2:36pm
I'd enjoy comparing it with other DACs like the NAD
It's always nice to hear others are enjoying their DAC-2s
I'm just starting to experiment with a Mac Mini usb to Stello U3 aes/ebu to DAC-2 ... will post on that soon
Using my W4S shoe box, I compared USB input to Coaxial input and the latter made quick work of the observation. Took only seconds. Though, since it wasn't costing me anything, I listened much longer. Still using Coax...
Lots of folks have said they greatly prefer the DAC-2 coax and aes/ebu to its internal async usb. Also, the Stello U3 is a highly regarded converter.
The scientist in me had to try it out for myself. It should make for some fun comparisons.
waiting for your conclusions already.
I'd been using a Burson 160D for its DAC channel-- and getting frustrated as it would sound as if it became clogged during complex musical passages. Since receiving the W4S-DAC2, what used to sound confused (bordering on jumbled) now sounds clean. Not enough hours with it to give a real review, but out my initial impressions are quite positive. Macbook Pro > W4S DAC-2 > Woo Audio WA5LE > Sennheiser HD800.
I've only had the DAC-2 for a couple of days, now. But, the difference in SQ was immediately appreciable when I had it replace a Channel Islands (CI) VDA2/VAC1 combo.
Mostly, I've noticed better transparency. Vocals and instruments are more clearly perceived and accurately placed in the soundstage. So, the presentation of sound feels more visceral.
I was running the CI gear via optical from my Macbook Pro but am now running via USB.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 40 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Sigma Pro completly original!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 7 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 7 minutes ago
- › Dae Han Min Guk (South Korea) Lounge & Retailers [LISTING] 7 minutes ago
- › I gave up on the Fiio E7. Any suggestions? 8 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet Probably 2/6/13 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe