Any comments about the USB implementation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hah, got my dac2 recently from hpz, listened it today... ill just say im speechless... what a breathtaking sound for me it is. coming from icon udac, benchmark dac1 and now w4s dac2. i tought from dac1 to w4s dac2 its a little step up but its like 1000 steps up. very impressed!!! my ears have not heard any better sq.
Edited by aivar1988 - 12/28/12 at 2:36pm
I'd enjoy comparing it with other DACs like the NAD
It's always nice to hear others are enjoying their DAC-2s
I'm just starting to experiment with a Mac Mini usb to Stello U3 aes/ebu to DAC-2 ... will post on that soon
Using my W4S shoe box, I compared USB input to Coaxial input and the latter made quick work of the observation. Took only seconds. Though, since it wasn't costing me anything, I listened much longer. Still using Coax...
Lots of folks have said they greatly prefer the DAC-2 coax and aes/ebu to its internal async usb. Also, the Stello U3 is a highly regarded converter.
The scientist in me had to try it out for myself. It should make for some fun comparisons.
waiting for your conclusions already.
I'd been using a Burson 160D for its DAC channel-- and getting frustrated as it would sound as if it became clogged during complex musical passages. Since receiving the W4S-DAC2, what used to sound confused (bordering on jumbled) now sounds clean. Not enough hours with it to give a real review, but out my initial impressions are quite positive. Macbook Pro > W4S DAC-2 > Woo Audio WA5LE > Sennheiser HD800.
I've only had the DAC-2 for a couple of days, now. But, the difference in SQ was immediately appreciable when I had it replace a Channel Islands (CI) VDA2/VAC1 combo.
Mostly, I've noticed better transparency. Vocals and instruments are more clearly perceived and accurately placed in the soundstage. So, the presentation of sound feels more visceral.
I was running the CI gear via optical from my Macbook Pro but am now running via USB.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 seconds ago
- › DAC within $300 Vs DAC within $500,any thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › How Can I Trust Head-Fi Reviews? 2 minutes ago
- › X3 works as DAC for 90 seconds at most 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › rock and gaming open backed over ears. NEED HELP! 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 7 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › The Lambert "Play It By Ear" Headphone Amplifier - (DG Review) +... 8 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)